PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2009, 11:29 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehbob View Post
I just checked, opera9.exe starts up automatically when I boot in task manager. It will close only if I start up opera mobile then close out of it (or go to task manager after boot and kill the app). But if I never open opera mobile after I boot up the phone, then opera9.exe stays on perpetually as indicated in my task manager. While I do believe that Mike is using the real exit registry, opera seems to auto boot after a restart. And I think thats what was draining my battery. Does your opera9.exe not autostart when you boot?
you are correct, it is open when I soft reset but why would this process drain the battery? it's only 6kb. the sip is 1700kb running. just curious.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

ehbob is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
you are correct, it is open when I soft reset but why would this process drain the battery? it's only 6kb. the sip is 1700kb running. just curious.
I think thats a good point. Not too sure, I can only assume that its perpetually accessing the network? But then again I really don't know I just closed it and battery life went up.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:40 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Odd. But as far as the forcing 1x download Mortscript and search for a thread made by me and entitled something like "texting and battery life" in the title. Anyway, the resolvement was that someone just wrote a cab that if you have Mortscript installed will allow you to easily switch between 1x and EVDO.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

xmovingx is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to xmovingx Send a message via Yahoo to xmovingx

mighty you have a video or screen shots of the newest rom you made for sprint / diamond.???
Old 04-08-2009, 12:05 AM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmovingx View Post
mighty you have a video or screen shots of the newest rom you made for sprint / diamond.???
Lilrico has screenshots of what Mike's roms look like with his colored themes. here is the thread:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...99&postcount=2
Old 04-08-2009, 12:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

Spearoid is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
The 6kb was the partly the reason for my skepticism too.....but more so, one of two scenarios would have to be true if Ehbob's testimony is accurate.

A) Opera9.exe causes the battery drain, and only a small group of users with 4.8 have it running automatically by default (which would make no sense)

or

B) Everyone has it running automatically, but it only hurts the battery life of a small group of users (which would make no sense)

So therein lies my dilemma.

I just thought of a 3rd scenario: No one has a clue how to tell how long their battery actually lasts since we all use our Diamond's differently (I sure hope that one isn't the correct answer)
Old 04-08-2009, 12:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

marcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good work

Was going through testing everything on 4.8. I get Cannot Play Video in Youtube. Wondering if this was a known issue or a fix has already been posted?

EDIT: Soft Reset resolved it.

Last edited by marcjen; 04-08-2009 at 12:15 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:11 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearoid View Post
The 6kb was the partly the reason for my skepticism too.....but more so, one of two scenarios would have to be true if Ehbob's testimony is accurate.

A) Opera9.exe causes the battery drain, and only a small group of users with 4.8 have it running automatically by default (which would make no sense)

or

B) Everyone has it running automatically, but it only hurts the battery life of a small group of users (which would make no sense)

So therein lies my dilemma.

I just thought of a 3rd scenario: No one has a clue how to tell how long their battery actually lasts since we all use our Diamond's differently (I sure hope that one isn't the correct answer)
I totally agree. we all use the device differently and will have different outcomes. But if some are experiencing rapid drain, then there is something that doesn't add up. I do know that after the first flash, the battery needs to be drained once and fully charged to recalibrate the battery meter.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:16 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcjen View Post
Was going through testing everything on 4.8. I get Cannot Play Video in Youtube. Wondering if this was a known issue or a fix has already been posted?
it works for me with the built in youtube app. Have you recently switched over from another rom. If so you may need to delete the youtube folder on your internal storage, soft reset and try to play a video again. sometimes different roms have different you tube apps and it will corrupt if there are videos from a previous version saved in this folder. Unfortunately you will lose any videos searches but it may correct the problem.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch diamond

Astrak is just getting started

Running 4.8, was just wondering how do I get word completion to work with this ROM? I have everything checked for word completion but I'm not getting anything.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development