PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 04:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Diamond

marco27 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Hey, can someone confirm that the attached tsowen on 1st page only changes the icons and not the start button icon? The reason i ask is because i was trying to get the coloured windows icon as in the stock rom but i ended up getting the htc coloured icon, not that i mind much, but was this incorporated in tsowen or in mighty's rom? I ended up renaming a certain dll file in the windows folder to get this working it was trial and error but i want to know how i came about this? Having installed tsowen and mighty 4.8 rom i'm content with it, but i never installed the sdkcerts and am wondering if i had too? Some search results showed no and some said yes!

Thanks!
Old 04-08-2009, 04:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 3Gs
Carrier: AT&T Premiere

rawdog805 is becoming a great contributor
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
my touchpal just stopped making spaces after each word. cant be rom related. especially since I went back to 4.4.5. errr. thing Im gonna try out 3.9 again since all this talk about it bring me back to the good ole days....
click the little gear looking thing next to you backspace/enter button and tick the "ADD SPACE AFTER WORD" box and your good to go buddy, you may have accidently turned it off...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:07 AM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog805 View Post
click the little gear looking thing next to you backspace/enter button and tick the "ADD SPACE AFTER WORD" box and your good to go buddy, you may have accidently turned it off...
thanks! that did the trick. still want to hop over to 3.9 til 4.9 shows up. I think I was a juicy guy back in those days and never got to use 3.9. Cant believe I cant find a link for MR 3.9 anywhere. Googled and everything. Anyone help me out?
Old 04-08-2009, 07:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 650/XV6700/Mogul/Diamond/TP/TP2

auburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularauburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularauburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

check the obvious first: ABC vs T9 mode on keyboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrak View Post
Running 4.8, was just wondering how do I get word completion to work with this ROM? I have everything checked for word completion but I'm not getting anything.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 650/XV6700/Mogul/Diamond/TP/TP2

auburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularauburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regularauburnmk is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

its in tsowen's taskbar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco27 View Post
Hey, can someone confirm that the attached tsowen on 1st page only changes the icons and not the start button icon? The reason i ask is because i was trying to get the coloured windows icon as in the stock rom but i ended up getting the htc coloured icon, not that i mind much, but was this incorporated in tsowen or in mighty's rom? I ended up renaming a certain dll file in the windows folder to get this working it was trial and error but i want to know how i came about this? Having installed tsowen and mighty 4.8 rom i'm content with it, but i never installed the sdkcerts and am wondering if i had too? Some search results showed no and some said yes!

Thanks!
Old 04-08-2009, 08:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond (CDMA)
Carrier: Telus

FlounderFX4 is a n00b

I'm not sure if others are still having YouTube and ActiveSync issues with this ROM but I finally figured out mine.

It was the Savage25rcracer_TD2_K_NA.cab for the Diamond 2 KB that was causing errors in both.

After a hard reset and deleting my YouTube directory from Internal Storage all has been fine without adding that KB.

Hope this can help.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA

jrimmer is just getting started

sry guys but i need ur help, im on the road and im getting the ringee problem non stop as im on a business trip its complicating things. has there been a fix suggested yet, if so can someone give me the post numb. id look myself but its hard to do with my diamond
Old 04-08-2009, 08:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond (CDMA)

FlounderFX4 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlounderFX4 View Post
I'm not sure if others are still having YouTube and ActiveSync issues with this ROM but I finally figured out mine.

It was the Savage25rcracer_TD2_K_NA.cab for the Diamond 2 KB that was causing errors in both.

After a hard reset and deleting my YouTube directory from Internal Storage all has been fine without adding that KB.

Hope this can help.
Upon further inspection the YouTube problem is back so I guess this didn't fix that but ActiveSync is still a go.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond CDMA

skasner is a n00b

I must withdraw my previous statements that Tsowen's Taskbar mod was causing the "no ringing" problem on my phone. I uninstalled it awhile ago and had not had any ringing issues, but this morning I got a call and sure enough it didn't ring.

I navigated to Phone>Menu>Options and if I tried to select any standard *.wma ringer (ex: "Ring-Stardard") I got the error "The ring tone file is corrupted or unavailable..." If I select a standard *.wav sound (ex: "Alarm-Beeps") I received no error.

I then did a soft-reset, which cleared up the *.wma ringer errors so my phone rings again, but I have a feeling it'll goof again sooner or later. I'll just have to pay close attention for now to see if I can find a pattern to when it gets in a foo state.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: MTS

jbarns is becoming a great contributor

im getting the ringing problem now too. Just started happening yesterday randomly. I don't remember doing anything to my phone, no new apps or no changed settings.

ill try some things to see if i can find a fix.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development