PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 10:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: MTS

jbarns is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

ok that was quick. people with the ringer issue do you have S2U2?

For me it was overriding the volume control so I turned S2U volume control on (S2U2 settings), did a soft reset and phoned myself and it rang....

Let me know if this fixes anyone else.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond
Carrier: telus

rmartyr is a n00b
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarns View Post
ok that was quick. people with the ringer issue do you have S2U2?

For me it was overriding the volume control so I turned S2U volume control on (S2U2 settings), did a soft reset and phoned myself and it rang....

Let me know if this fixes anyone else.

I wasn't using S2U2 and I had the ringing issue. I found that a soft reset usually fixed the problem temporarily anyway so maybe thats why you got your fix? Personally, I moved all homemade mp3 ringtones to windows folder and haven't had a problem since.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint

brc64 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
im getting the ringing problem now too. Just started happening yesterday randomly. I don't remember doing anything to my phone, no new apps or no changed settings.

ill try some things to see if i can find a fix.
I was getting this problem intermittently when I was running Mystery2, which is why I went back to Mighty. I haven't had it happen to me yet here, but the fact that it's been spotted in two different ROMs makes me wonder if there's an issue with the kitchen. Mystery says his ROMs are based on Calkulin's kitchen, and I'm pretty sure Mighty uses it as well (or did at one point, anyway). Could be something there.

For what it's worth, I haven't had the ringing problem happen since I flashed 4.8, but I've only been on it for a day so far. Earlier in the thread it was suggested that if you convert your MP3 ringtone to WAV you won't have a problem, so I may end up doing that just to be safe.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

anurbanlegend is becoming a PPCGeeks regularanurbanlegend is becoming a PPCGeeks regularanurbanlegend is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brc64 View Post
I was getting this problem intermittently when I was running Mystery2, which is why I went back to Mighty. I haven't had it happen to me yet here, but the fact that it's been spotted in two different ROMs makes me wonder if there's an issue with the kitchen. Mystery says his ROMs are based on Calkulin's kitchen, and I'm pretty sure Mighty uses it as well (or did at one point, anyway). Could be something there.

For what it's worth, I haven't had the ringing problem happen since I flashed 4.8, but I've only been on it for a day so far. Earlier in the thread it was suggested that if you convert your MP3 ringtone to WAV you won't have a problem, so I may end up doing that just to be safe.
I started getting the no ringtone problem too yesterday. Converted my mp3 to wav and now it's working again. We'll see if this lasts.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:06 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrimmer View Post
sry guys but i need ur help, im on the road and im getting the ringee problem non stop as im on a business trip its complicating things. has there been a fix suggested yet, if so can someone give me the post numb. id look myself but its hard to do with my diamond
Change your ringtones to .WAV files. Audacity on a computer can do this. Sorry it's a pain but it should work. Or try moving your ringers to the \Windows\Rings folder.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: MTS

jbarns is becoming a great contributor

im using stock ringtones, did mighty or someone convert them to mp3? Or are you just talking about custom ringtones
Old 04-08-2009, 01:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND
Carrier: Alltel

kwattro76 is keeping up the good workkwattro76 is keeping up the good workkwattro76 is keeping up the good work

Does this rom have facebook integration???
Thanks
Old 04-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

b4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularb4u2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to b4u2

is there a way to make Sprint powerdeck recognize my phone? I am using MightyRom 4.8
TIA
Old 04-08-2009, 02:11 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4u2 View Post
is there a way to make Sprint powerdeck recognize my phone? I am using MightyRom 4.8
TIA

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=464670

Post #8 has the fix

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

brc64 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
im using stock ringtones, did mighty or someone convert them to mp3? Or are you just talking about custom ringtones
We're talking about custom ringtones. Apparently WAV files are unaffected by the random bug, and all stock sounds are WAV, I believe, so you should be fine if that's what you're using.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development