PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2009, 12:57 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirish View Post
If you do switch, after a couple days you will wonder why you ever bothered to get a Diamond. There is that much difference between the two. IMO.
Hey Pirish. good to see you in these parts bro! Just curious, what are the main differences that make that much of a difference, in your opinion. I'm wondering because the specs, battery, etc seem to be fairly equal but I do know the tp was designed to be more of a workhorse. Just curious.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Diamond "Moment"
Carrier: Sprint

Stoney60 is keeping up the good workStoney60 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodaka View Post
lmao, i let it collect then sell it on gaybay lmao
OMG, or is from talking through your @ss? Like many if us? hehehe
Old 04-20-2009, 01:01 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I like the slimness of the Diamond coming from the Mogul. For a SIP I just use TouchPal and it works fine.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: High Tech Computer - Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

Phocas is keeping up the good workPhocas is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
I like the slimness of the Diamond coming from the Mogul. For a SIP I just use TouchPal and it works fine.
+1 for touchpal. Best SIP imho.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO F&F 500

kidFromBigD is keeping up the good workkidFromBigD is keeping up the good workkidFromBigD is keeping up the good work

Diamond vs. Pro:

Seems I'm the only one who really uses the FM radio built-in to the bluetooth chip on my Diamond. Anyone else? The 'Pro does not have this functionality. Yes, I know you can stream radio stations over EV-DO connections, but that drains your battery.

As someone else said: The Diamond is very slim and solid. Going on 7 months with my Diamond ... would only upgrade to the Diamond-2 if/when Sprint carries it(and MightyMike cooks up a ROM), and only if it has FM radio.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2 & Evo =)
Carrier: Sprint!

boodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to boodaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phocas View Post
+1 for touchpal. Best SIP imho.
i love fingerkeyb but maybe ill try touchpal since i see alot of support for it

Just hit the THANKS for me being........well, me...

Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen v1.6 R3 Mirror
Old 04-20-2009, 01:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

pirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to pirish

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodaka View Post
i love fingerkeyb but maybe ill try touchpal since i see alot of support for it
once you go touchpal you will never go back. It is the crem de la crem of sip.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

NewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidFromBigD View Post
Diamond vs. Pro:

Seems I'm the only one who really uses the FM radio built-in to the bluetooth chip on my Diamond.
You're getting FM streamed to your bluetooth? You still have to plug in the headset, though, right?
Old 04-20-2009, 01:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

pirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to pirish

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Hey Pirish. good to see you in these parts bro! Just curious, what are the main differences that make that much of a difference, in your opinion. I'm wondering because the specs, battery, etc seem to be fairly equal but I do know the tp was designed to be more of a workhorse. Just curious.
HEY RILEY,

Great to see you again too. I can't tell you how much I miss this forum. I still spend more time here (lurking) than I do anywhere else. This thread will always be home to me. Even if you can't see me.

Workhorse is a HUGE understatement!! The Pro has almost 100mb more RAM and it really shows. I used to think the Diamond was super fast, but it lags in comparison with the Pro. It is so nice to be able to run 7 apps and still not bog down.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:02 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirish View Post
HEY RILEY,

Great to see you again too. I can't tell you how much I miss this forum. I still spend more time here (lurking) than I do anywhere else. This thread will always be home to me. Even if you can't see me.

Workhorse is a HUGE understatement!! The Pro has almost 100mb more RAM and it really shows. I used to think the Diamond was super fast, but it lags in comparison with the Pro. It is so nice to be able to run 7 apps and still not bog down.
that's cool. 100mb! I had no idea at had that much more ram. that sure would make a difference.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development