PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 03:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Telus

pedro1971 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [January 17th, 2009] M I G H T Y R O M 4 . 2 [SYS OS 21109 Build 21109] [UC]

So far I have had no issues with 4.2, Activesynch, bluetooth, ring tones and text messaging all work fine. One tiny issue is the no delay ring in Diamond config isn't sticky.

See attachments for installed programs/cabs

Thanks Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen01.jpg (85.0 KB, 63 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen02.jpg (91.9 KB, 59 views) Click for barcode!

Old 01-21-2009, 04:04 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: [January 17th, 2009] M I G H T Y R O M 4 . 2 [SYS OS 21109 Build 21109] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
briggs 12:44 AM Today
4.2 works pretty flawlessly for me.
try flashing your stock rom and then 4.2 again.
most of your bugs are not rom specific.
--------

comments like those make me wonder about the true stability of 4.2

luckily tomorrow i will have a diamond to test on. so expect either a) a release or b) me finding out nothing is wrong with it at all.

dun dun dunnn.....
sounds good Mike. I think some things on the list are nice to have's or flash specific issues. for example, I am not getting the ringer bug but I do get the text message bug. I noticed i happens in full querty but not in compact querty with t9. I wouldnt even know it existed without switching to full querty. the active sync issue is just strange, not sure but I have noticed other roms having similiar issues. I think we are all confident that you will find out what's up. Really the best solution is to just do Diamond roms!! just kidding. Thanks again.

edit: oh shoot my phone isnt ringing either...

Last edited by Riley; 01-21-2009 at 07:14 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

alex288 is a n00b

First off, really like the ROMs, and definately appreciate mike's hard work.

I tried 4.2 first, with a clean Diamond never before flashed. Hit the "auto hard reset" issue where the phone would stop work properly but a soft rest would hard reset most stuff. Flashing the stock Sprint ROM then back to 4.2 seemed to fix that. Also, I hit the "no ring" bug in 4.2 and nothing I tried seemed to fix it reliably, so that's a dealbreaker for me on 4.2.

Now I'm on 3.9 and the only problem I've had is that with vibrate enabled on text messages the vibrate gets stuck on if I receive a text message while a Bluetooth headset is connected (but not necessarily in a call or anything). It's sort of annoying, the only way to get the phone to stop vibrating is to use the volume buttons to enable vibrate mode to trigger a vibrate which stops it.

Anyone know a fix for the 3.9 vibrate problem?
Old 01-21-2009, 04:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

ro.pezzy is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ro.pezzy Send a message via Yahoo to ro.pezzy

my ringtones wont take...i dont kno if its the rom o my phone... but wen i pic a ringtone in setting it will jus ply the system ringtone...wats the prob
Old 01-21-2009, 05:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

proplayer44 is just getting started

Trying to download this. I click on Download and it changes to a white screen it says loading but never does prompt for Open/Download. Anyone else able to download this?
Old 01-21-2009, 06:36 PM
THE HENCHMAN
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond & Verizon Blackberry Storm!
Carrier: Sprint w/ SERO!

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to stevedog1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
hkey_L_M/Drivers/BuiltIn/RIL...change enablefastdormantdisplay to 1
On other roms this worked just fine. But on this one (with the regedit) the Screen wont shut off automatically when making a call. I still have to hit the power button. Any other suggestions?

*sigh*

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:52 PM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedog1 View Post
On other roms this worked just fine. But on this one (with the regedit) the Screen wont shut off automatically when making a call. I still have to hit the power button. Any other suggestions?

*sigh*
me too. exact problems. If I install the white flip clock I cant see my upcoming events if I have a voicemail cause the page wont scroll. Anyone know if another white flip clock cab or registry edit for this?

My screen does not shut off during a call which makes me think the light sensor does not work or is not set to be sensitive enough. The registry edit for this which was just mentioned wont work for me cause it says to set it to "1" but I looked and mine is already set to "1".

Also I noticed today my custom ringtone was reset back to default. I set it back so no big deal but just an FYI.

Thanks Mike for still looking into these issues even though you've moved on to another PPC.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

timtlm is keeping up the good worktimtlm is keeping up the good worktimtlm is keeping up the good work

Quote:

*sigh*
Yeah, my registry is already set to 1. Also, Diamond Tweak has an option for Fast Sleep, and it is already set to enabled (I'm sure Diamond Tweak just changes that registry setting for you). This was a problem with 4.1 as well, so it can't be the new phone canvass that's causing this.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:15 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:

*sigh*
It doesn't work in my rom either, unfortunately.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:35 PM
THE HENCHMAN
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond & Verizon Blackberry Storm!
Carrier: Sprint w/ SERO!

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to stevedog1

Its all good. I'm used to hitting the power button after making a call anyways, but it would be nice if I didn't have to. Thanks everyone!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development