PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2009, 01:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 4G
Carrier: Telus

SmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [January 17th, 2009] M I G H T Y R O M 4 . 2 [SYS OS 21109 Build 21109] [UC]

I had my phone off last night and on the charger...woke up this morning, took it off - hit the power button and it was in bootloader mode.. a soft reset fixed it, but that's freakin' strange.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:14 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: [January 17th, 2009] M I G H T Y R O M 4 . 2 [SYS OS 21109 Build 21109] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenny View Post
Lots of problems with 4.2 for myself, not knocking you at all Mike, you've done a great job with MightRom and I am very impressed... just it doesn't like my device or something!!! Thanks again for all your hard work and contributions to the diamond community.

4.2 Randomly flashed itself once. (like I got done setting it up and everything, then it kinda froze, so I soft-reset, and when it came back up it brought me to the screen like it was a fresh install, but it retained my old info (programs, contacts, calendar, etc).

Then another time it wouldn't open TF3D and the radio kept saying it was disconnected (despite being able to surf the web still!) Then it wouldn't connect to active sync...

Installing the Leaked Sprint rom, then going to install 4.2 again to see if that fixes anything...
I would not install the leaked rom first as it is not the original shipped rom. the process you should do is flash the original shipped rom from here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062

flashing the leaked rom may work but its still beta and essentially you will be seeing some of the same problem arise. I have never had an issue following the method Calcu suggest as well as others. flash oem shipped first, then mighty 4.2 and you are set.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond Sprint

ancientrook is a n00b

same thing happen to me, it bascially reinstalled windows mobile one mine again without completely flashing the device, (i had two calenders, two offices files, two phones, two of everything but it kept al my orignial contacts and ect... yet the programs where not regestered and they where still installed) so im gonna try it again, (just did it now) make sure you clean up your internal storage and flash to another build before going back to Mike's

also --- disable the Today Timeout (find it at start, settings, today, items, change it to 12 hrs and disable it)
i really don't know what its purpose other than the device refreshing but this could be related (which i don't know) nice huh

Last edited by ancientrook; 01-19-2009 at 01:21 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - Stock
Carrier: Sprint

pixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by siptang1227 View Post
mike - i have problem with no ring tones when people are calling. I assigned a certain one and it doesn't assign it for some odd reason.
I have seen mention of a bug (not Mike's ROM) about the Diamond losing all sound output after disconnecting from a bluetooth connection. It happened to me a couple of times, but haven't seen anyone mention a fix. A soft reset fixed the issue on my phone. Maybe this is what happened to you too.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

ro.pezzy is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ro.pezzy Send a message via Yahoo to ro.pezzy

thanks for tha cab
Old 01-19-2009, 02:30 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro.pezzy View Post
thanks for tha cab
no problem. by the way, you need to change it after it installs to english. my was defaulting to greek. if you look at the little keyboard icon on the screen, click the arrow to the right and choose English on top.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:39 PM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

just finally flashed 4.2 and I think its great. no problems at all.
1 thing I miss is my calender on the home screen of Tf3D, I used to be able to swipe upward with the stylus to go to another page with a smaller clock and it would show multiple calender events. How do I get it to show me multiple calender events?
Old 01-19-2009, 03:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g

Tenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Tenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
I would not install the leaked rom first as it is not the original shipped rom. the process you should do is flash the original shipped rom from here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062

flashing the leaked rom may work but its still beta and essentially you will be seeing some of the same problem arise. I have never had an issue following the method Calcu suggest as well as others. flash oem shipped first, then mighty 4.2 and you are set.
Ended up not seeing this till now. Already did the leak flash then the 4.2 flash.

So far everything is running really smoothly! I'll report back later!
Old 01-19-2009, 03:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

timtlm is keeping up the good worktimtlm is keeping up the good worktimtlm is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
just finally flashed 4.2 and I think its great. no problems at all.
1 thing I miss is my calender on the home screen of Tf3D, I used to be able to swipe upward with the stylus to go to another page with a smaller clock and it would show multiple calender events. How do I get it to show me multiple calender events?
If you installed a different clock instead of using mighty's default black, that could be the problem. For some reason that is a problem when installing a clock on top of the rom.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:38 PM
THE HENCHMAN
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond & Verizon Blackberry Storm!
Carrier: Sprint w/ SERO!

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to stevedog1

Mighty. Quick question. What regedit must I make to have the screen shut off once a call connects? I appreciate your help. Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development