PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2009, 11:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

ro.pezzy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to ro.pezzy Send a message via Yahoo to ro.pezzy
Re: [January 17th, 2009] M I G H T Y R O M 4 . 2 [SYS OS 21109 Build 21109] [UC]

my 4.2 was messing up alot too....but someone suggested flashing back to stock rom then flashing 4.2 instead of flashing cus rom to cus rom and since i have did that mines is running great... thanks mike...hey anyone kno they best keyboard for diamond...like large letters thanks..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond Sprint

ancientrook is a n00b
Re: [January 17th, 2009] M I G H T Y R O M 4 . 2 [SYS OS 21109 Build 21109] [UC]

yeah thats what im gonna do, just went back to sprint rom, but not decide to go to 4.1 or 4.2, maybe the error was cause by modifing windows system files. (but ive done it before). I kind of like 4.1 better, it ran a little smoother (compared to 4.2 which ran it to fast) anyway i wish i could make flash work in opera again. so what do you recommend 4.1 or 4.2??
Old 01-19-2009, 12:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc diamond

ro.pezzy is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ro.pezzy Send a message via Yahoo to ro.pezzy

4.1 ran smoother to me too but i could go back to 4.1 back wenever i tried my phone still said 4.2 dont kno y
Old 01-19-2009, 12:12 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro.pezzy View Post
my 4.2 was messing up alot too....but someone suggested flashing back to stock rom then flashing 4.2 instead of flashing cus rom to cus rom and since i have did that mines is running great... thanks mike...hey anyone kno they best keyboard for diamond...like large letters thanks..
I have a cab with the original stock keyboard with larger letters if you want it?
Old 01-19-2009, 12:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond Sprint

ancientrook is a n00b

try roming back to (roming is a verb now) sprint stock, once you already went back to sprint stock (or whomever you had before) then make sure you setup active sync (of course you will had already backup your important files), then delete anything a hard powe off-on, then delete anything that is related to the htc running in your internal storage,( for example, i deleted everything except the folder of music, application files that i keep, My Pictures and opera cache folder which i deleted the contexts inside ) once you have cleared your internal storage of origninal files related to any previous rom, then 4.2 it

let it install and boot up go let it load all of your music first, then pictures, then install everything with mimimal reests.

later it crashes (like me) but it shouldn't.

Last edited by ancientrook; 01-19-2009 at 12:35 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch diamond

bxtzd3 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
I have a cab with the original stock keyboard with larger letters if you want it?
please post it up for us fat fingered folk

Rom: Mighty tree.oh
Radio: verizon 1.03.03v
battery life = 12+
Old 01-19-2009, 12:46 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

We have a few things in common- and most of them could be culprits.
Anyone else want to help who has this issue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
I got these installed:
ageye g-alarm
badboy lite boast audio fix
sashimi
briggs black spb calculator
codyppc personalizer
finixnover vga battery
music id
ipc black dialer
juggalo x black slide to answer
microsoft live search
nissedilligaf no curtains
ox instant messaging
pamas transparent bottom bar
pamas transparent slider
phm registry editor
qik qik
resco explorer
skyfire browser
someguy smms
spb backup
spb screenshot
sprint picture mail
treo central community reset
uniqueboy prgbaktrans
wei nueminutes

Old 01-19-2009, 12:51 PM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxtzd3 View Post
please post it up for us fat fingered folk
Here you go my friend
Attached Files
File Type: cab Diamond_Sip_Gr-Eng_VGA_by_Swtos.cab (4.41 MB, 27 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:57 PM
Retired Staff

Hey Mike.

Found something interesting that was not happening in 3.9 i believe. Not so much a bug but useful for people that use active sync for work or need push email "as items arrive". If you connect to Active sync via through the PC, establish a connection, then disconnect, push email is not working although it say it is connected. I sent myself test emails to confirm this. A soft reset corrects this but it seems to only occur if you connect to the pc. Just wanted you guys to know in case you were wondering why your email was coming through. Other than that, everything else is good.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g
Carrier: Sprint

Tenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Tenny

Lots of problems with 4.2 for myself, not knocking you at all Mike, you've done a great job with MightRom and I am very impressed... just it doesn't like my device or something!!! Thanks again for all your hard work and contributions to the diamond community.

4.2 Randomly flashed itself once. (like I got done setting it up and everything, then it kinda froze, so I soft-reset, and when it came back up it brought me to the screen like it was a fresh install, but it retained my old info (programs, contacts, calendar, etc).

Then another time it wouldn't open TF3D and the radio kept saying it was disconnected (despite being able to surf the web still!) Then it wouldn't connect to active sync...

Installing the Leaked Sprint rom, then going to install 4.2 again to see if that fixes anything...

Last edited by Tenny; 01-19-2009 at 01:05 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development