PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2009, 12:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

Freckle is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [January 17th, 2009] M I G H T Y R O M 4 . 2 [SYS OS 21109 Build 21109] [UC]

Hello friendly people!

I got a sweet HTC Touch Diamond this x-mas.
However I want to flash it to MightyRom.

The point is, my phone is Vodafone branded and all of you are talking about Telus, Sprint, etc.
I quote from the topic:

"Compatibility List: TELUS, Bell, Sprint, Alltel"

Does this mean my phone could crash if I try unlocking and flashing it?
Also, how far can I go without loosing my warranty?

Thank you in advance
Old 01-24-2009, 12:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

MikeEx is becoming a great contributor
Re: [January 17th, 2009] M I G H T Y R O M 4 . 2 [SYS OS 21109 Build 21109] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckle View Post
Hello friendly people!

I got a sweet HTC Touch Diamond this x-mas.
However I want to flash it to MightyRom.

The point is, my phone is Vodafone branded and all of you are talking about

You will brick your phone if you use anything from this site.
This sub-forum is for "CDMA" phones only.
Vodafone is a "GSM" phone.

Avoid using any ROMS or Unlockers from THIS site.
Radio: Sprint Radio V1.11.00F

Last edited by MikeEx; 01-24-2009 at 12:38 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: alltel

cbmm is a n00b

this is where u want to be
http://www.xda-developers.com/
Old 01-24-2009, 01:29 PM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmm View Post
this is where u want to be
http://www.xda-developers.com/
+1 amen. There is lots of cool stuff over there that can work for our CDMA phones as well. I learned alot from posts by a guy named Niggel Disgelaf or something, he knows manila files inside and out!
Old 01-24-2009, 01:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC ONE
Carrier: Ting

Mystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggs View Post
+1 amen. There is lots of cool stuff over there that can work for our CDMA phones as well. I learned alot from posts by a guy named Niggel Disgelaf or something, he knows manila files inside and out!
Yeah, I got some cool apps and themes for my diamond there. Good site specially if you got a GSM phone.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:52 PM
N00b

ng12345 is just getting started

would you be willing to paste the list of registry edits you used for this rom? I am trying to find the specific entries that move the sms and mail inbox/attachments to internal storage.

Also I was wondering if you use a regedit to keep the start menu items small (on some other roms, it starts of large on flash)
Old 01-24-2009, 02:00 PM
mcom

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ng12345 View Post
would you be willing to paste the list of registry edits you used for this rom? I am trying to find the specific entries that move the sms and mail inbox/attachments to internal storage.

Also I was wondering if you use a regedit to keep the start menu items small (on some other roms, it starts of large on flash)

use the search function there is a cab somewhere in the general forum
Old 01-24-2009, 04:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

cado33055 is just getting started

Has any1 had battery life issuses with the 4.2 version? My battery seems deplete at a rapid rate whether not it is being used or not. MY beam is off and so is the bluetooth so i dont understand why. I
Old 01-24-2009, 04:32 PM
mcom

I found some reg keys that I think are causing the ringtone to revert in Mighty 4.2;

HKCU\ControlPanel
:Ringtones=\Ring-WindowsMobile.wma
(data never changes no matter what you set the ringtone to)
I don't know if this one causes a problem, I'm not going to delete it in case it is the key that is actually causing the revert, but I'm guessing it's the stuff below that was causing it.

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0
:SavedSound=\Windows\Ring-WindowsMobile .wma (never changes no matter what you set the ringtone to)
I think that we need to delete this reg value, I have.
:Sound="the file you set it to (until it reverts then it's the above)" - don't delete

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone2
:Sound="the file you set the ringtone to even after the RingTone0 reverts"
You can probably delete this whole reg folder now after the savedsound value is gone from Ringtone0.

I'm guessing this was the problem. Test this out over the weekend and tell me if the reversion happens. Hopefully, we'll get this fixed for Mighty 4.3.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2 optimized

rcrawfo2 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggs View Post
I found some reg keys that I think are causing the ringtone to revert in Mighty 4.2;

HKCU\ControlPanel
:Ringtones=\Ring-WindowsMobile.wma
(data never changes no matter what you set the ringtone to)
I don't know if this one causes a problem, I'm not going to delete it in case it is the key that is actually causing the revert, but I'm guessing it's the stuff below that was causing it.

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone0
:SavedSound=\Windows\Ring-WindowsMobile .wma (never changes no matter what you set the ringtone to)
I think that we need to delete this reg value, I have.
:Sound="the file you set it to (until it reverts then it's the above)" - don't delete

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTone2
:Sound="the file you set the ringtone to even after the RingTone0 reverts"
You can probably delete this whole reg folder now after the savedsound value is gone from Ringtone0.

I'm guessing this was the problem. Test this out over the weekend and tell me if the reversion happens. Hopefully, we'll get this fixed for Mighty 4.3.

Ok well would this edit be done auto by s2a? Because i went back to 4.1 and put s2a cab on and issue started again...Without s2a issue hasnt came back.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development