PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2010, 01:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: MikROM | January 30, 2010 | Sense 2.5 | Lite & Full Versions | WM6.5 | 21887

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightlHlawk View Post
Great rom! Have been using it for a few days now and I really enjoy the speed and the increased battery life, especially when toggling to 1x when I'm not using data. I first tried the Sprint lite and then moved on to the full version.

I had a few minor problems/things that I was wondering about...I'm not sure if these are common or not but I'm sure I flashed correctly.

First, the XT9 doesn't seem to want to save any new words I put in. Second, the GPS seems to be a little off in Google Maps where it sometimes shows me a few miles away from where I'm actually at. This may be Google Maps, but just thought I'd want to bring it up just in case it isn't. Third, I was wondering where the setting was to keep the phone from locking every single time the screen turns off. It was fun at first but I've been finding it to be an extra step I don't think I want to take every time I want to check my phone. Is there a way to turn this off or a setting to increase the time before it locks?

If you have any fixes for these, I would be greatly appreciative.

Thank you for this awesome, fast, sexy-looking rom! =]
thanks for the comment.
xt9 works great for me... and trust me, i only type new words cuz Hebrew is actually my native tongue and not English.
personally i don't really use google maps, i just use sprint nav for my gps needs. so i can't really help u on that one... but i think there might have been an update for google maps that i have not included.
to change the settings just go into the settings tab hit personalize, and the manila locker settings is in there...
i hope that helped.

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils

Last edited by amikam; 02-01-2010 at 01:16 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:07 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: MikROM | January 30, 2010 | Sense 2.5 | Lite & Full Versions | WM6.5 | 21887

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shavkat View Post
Sorry Mika, but after reflash the same happens-!
No any added apps-!
And yes, you can see in screen, that i use Sprint version-!
But I'm not in Sprint-!
mmm, did u notice that i mentioned before that some of my old uploads were damaged...
maybe u should try re-downloading?
since u not on sprint i would definitely switch to a generic version, some of the settings for sprint could be completely not compatible with your network, which will mess more things then just a popup every now and then...
Old 02-01-2010, 04:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

NightlHlawk is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
thanks for the comment.
xt9 works great for me... and trust me, i only type new words cuz Hebrew is actually my native tongue and not English.
personally i don't really use google maps, i just use sprint nav for my gps needs. so i can't really help u on that one... but i think there might have been an update for google maps that i have not included.
to change the settings just go into the settings tab hit personalize, and the manila locker settings is in there...
i hope that helped.
Hm...well XT9 just doesn't like me I guess. lol I'll try flashing the new 1/30 update and I'll see if I still have a problem saving words. I try but when I hit to enter the new word (even when opening the program itself under Productivity), it just goes back and says 'No Entries'.

I tend to use both Sprint Nav and Google Maps but mainly Google Maps as I'm more used to it and I like the layout better. I'll double check to see if the Sprint Nav GPS is accurate and if an update to Google Maps will help any.

Um...Manila locker settings? I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about but if what you're saying is Personal -> Phone, I can't find anything that changes the settings for Lock mode. Or if what you're saying is just Lock under Settings...all that has in there is making a Password to input to get out of lock. Could I get a little more help here? I'm not able to reliably do 'Internet Sharing' probably because of the phone locking. =[

Will let you know how the other things go when I'm able to re-flash.

Thanks again!
Old 02-01-2010, 05:01 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Hm...well XT9 just doesn't like me I guess. lol I'll try flashing the new 1/30 update and I'll see if I still have a problem saving words. I try but when I hit to enter the new word (even when opening the program itself under Productivity), it just goes back and says 'No Entries'.

I tend to use both Sprint Nav and Google Maps but mainly Google Maps as I'm more used to it and I like the layout better. I'll double check to see if the Sprint Nav GPS is accurate and if an update to Google Maps will help any.

Um...Manila locker settings? I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about but if what you're saying is Personal -> Phone, I can't find anything that changes the settings for Lock mode. Or if what you're saying is just Lock under Settings...all that has in there is making a Password to input to get out of lock. Could I get a little more help here? I'm not able to reliably do 'Internet Sharing' probably because of the phone locking. =[

Will let you know how the other things go when I'm able to re-flash.

Thanks again!
go to the last tab in manila.... settings tab... then u have a bunch of options... push on the very top one which is "personalize" (where u set the wallpaper and such)... the last on the list in there is "manila locker settings".

for internet sharing... i dont really have an issue with the phone locking cuz i set the screen to not shut off while plugged in.
a setting that u can change through... again going to the last tab in manila (the settings tab) and push on "sound and ....." scroll down and you'll see "light setting" (or something like that)... and u can play with the settings in there...
hope that helps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:41 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Re: [2/1/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | WM6.5 | SYS 21890]

Updated to sys 21890.
change log updated.
Sprint lite version will come later on.

21890 seems to be a little faster and i would hope more stable since i recmodded the sys myself and tried to avoid recmodding whats not needed to be recmodded.

btw... to all u guys with xt9 issues... i know now what u guys mean... about xt9 not saving words.... but thats not completely true... cuz once u punch them in the keyboard it actually does save them... only u can't edit through the xt9 version i got on the rom.... not sure why... ill have to look into that, cuz right now going to xt9 settings from productivity folder don't work.
ill try to fix it as soon as i can... probably with just a cab for now and later on the future rom version.
sorry for not noticing it myself even after someone pointed it out...
ill try some other version of xt9 and post it up as soon as i find a fix.

Last edited by amikam; 02-01-2010 at 11:10 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC CDMA Diamond

jjairal is keeping up the good workjjairal is keeping up the good work

thanks amikam. love your roms so far. trying out the new one now. one question tho. how do you know if we need to run the carrier cabs. seems to work fine without it using the full rom.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:29 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjairal View Post
thanks amikam. love your roms so far. trying out the new one now. one question tho. how do you know if we need to run the carrier cabs. seems to work fine without it using the full rom.
u dont need to... but i guess it's so u can update your prl... which in turn will give u better reception and as a result longer battery life etc... etc...
please note that prl can updated manually... not sure where to directs u for that... but technically u dont have to use your carrier cab in order for the phone and online access to work.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

NightlHlawk is a n00b

Thanks, I was looking in the wrong place for the locker it seems.

Reflashed up to today's update...still having problems adding T9 words and Google Maps still shows my location wrong. But I'll have to chalk up the GPS thing as Google's fault because the Sprint Nav works fine. Google's maps just look so much cleaner and I haven't had a problem with GPS before now. *sigh* Oh well.

The T9 is still really bugging me though. I've been looking and looking for ways to fix it to no avail. >_<
Old 02-01-2010, 11:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC CDMA Diamond

jjairal is keeping up the good workjjairal is keeping up the good work

Can't you just install the prl update cab to do that
Old 02-01-2010, 11:34 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Thanks, I was looking in the wrong place for the locker it seems.

Reflashed up to today's update...still having problems adding T9 words and Google Maps still shows my location wrong. But I'll have to chalk up the GPS thing as Google's fault because the Sprint Nav works fine. Google's maps just look so much cleaner and I haven't had a problem with GPS before now. *sigh* Oh well.

The T9 is still really bugging me though. I've been looking and looking for ways to fix it to no avail. >_<
im trying out some reg edits... and im gonna update to ver 1921 instead of 1920 sometime this week... if it actually works.
i think im updating too much though... not enough time for people to really test whats wrong if i do that... try updating google maps from the link to their website in the third post... might do the trick.
like i said before... as soon as i find a fix ill post a cab.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development