PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 12:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 5
Carrier: Sprint SERO-Premium

ETphoneHOME is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMZ View Post
page 146 make no damn difference top me. my account is notated by Executive services that i am to get a level 5 nib touch pro 2 and the store refuses to either fix my phone OR give me a TP2.

they sent me home with my broken phone. you tell me how that post pertains to my situation.

all these sniveling littlle bastards in here are to blame im sure. ive been sitting here with a busted phone, not being able to make or receive calls or texts because of all the false replacements youve all demanded.

thanks.
Change your attitude and maybe something nice will come your way. We are here to help each other, not to play the blame game. If your local Sprint store is refusing to give you a replacement phone...maybe its you that they have a problem with. Try going to a different sprint store and changing your attitude. The world will become a better place I promise you, TP2 or not. Oh, btw, our replacements we have demanded is not false, everybody knows that there is some issues with these phones.

On a lighter note, my local Sprint repair center is trying to help me get my TP replaced with a TP2. I have received nothing but good service from them and they have always been able to help me out whenever I needed it. It might take some time and patience but if you have a good outlook on the whole situation, people will be more than happy to try and help you get to where you are going. Good Luck to everybody.

On Mogul.^^^

On Touch Pro.^^^ = (

Last edited by ETphoneHOME; 01-08-2010 at 12:52 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

intel8052 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydazed View Post
so im in the process of canceling my line last night. and of course got sent to rentions. she told me that i need to go to more stores and keep trying! lol... so i told her im cancelling, im tired of doing the footwork to get what "should" be offered. so now shes going to call my areas district manager today and get back to me ... questions of the day-- will good CS finally prevail? will they even call me back? will 8 years with sprint count for anything?

makes no diff to me anymore i can go to t-mob and get a free tp2 and cancel sprint w/o paying the ETF...
Quote:
all these sniveling littlle bastards in here are to blame im sure. ive been sitting here with a busted phone, not being able to make or receive calls or texts because of all the false replacements youve all demanded.
Now that really sucks, which is why I am just glad that they were able to repair/replace my screen. Like I told the service rep when he he couldn't do anything for me unless I reproduced the problem: "I guess I will just grin and bear the other issues for now". Good luck. (though I agree the attitude may have something to do with it, but I won't preach )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
i wasn't talking about you soldier.
Whoops. I assumed you were since your comment mentioned a rant and I ended my comment with </rant>

Last edited by intel8052; 01-08-2010 at 01:03 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:06 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

plus this thread is almost 4 months old. i joined this thread back on page 128, and nothing has changed and no one has done something different than what's already been posted. this is all hit or miss. if you strike out, keep swinging. i say read the thread because the most important step to this is being nice. i'm not a sprint rep, but i can tell you that if you are nasty to one and they note that in your account, YOU WILL NOT BE HELPED. good luck to the even-tempered geekers out there.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

iceturkee is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by digida View Post
well, I'll share my experience in hopes that my failure to get a replacement from sprint helps someone else...

First off, I probably should have stated this earlier when asking for advice, but my TP is a used phone that I aquired from a friend. Everything worked perfect on it for him for quite a while and also when I received. I thought I had read on these forums that a lot times people had been able to get a replacement even though the phone was not purchased at through sprint.

Since the closest service center is 30+ miles away are we going though snow storms that are supposed to go into next week, I decided to try calling in to tech support. This is when the craziness started...

The first person I spoke to, after explaining the situation, transferred me to tech support. After taking out the battery and reseting the phone, she concluded the keyboard was broke. She said since I hadn't had the phone 30 days (since I activated) that should could transfer me to another group that could issue me a NIB replacement.

The next person I spoke to (having to repeat all my info and problem like a new call) asked questions and asked if I had purchased it from a store or online. I told her the truth and thats where it broke loose. She explained that since I had purchased it from an individual that Sprint could do nothing for me. I told her that the previous tech support person had said they could do a refurb exchange but was trying to get me a new phone from her group. So back to tech support I go...

This time the previous rep filled in the new tech support person with the situation and upon talking to the new Tech support rep I got the same story. They can't do anything either and that my only option is to file a Asurion claim. I don't even think I could go to a store and try that because the last rep did more typing than talking which I suspect is her filling up my account with notations about this situation.

Well that's where I'm at. I'm probably going to have to pay a deductible with Asurion. I started the claim last night but had to fax in the affidavit. When I started the claim, the TP2 was the replacement phone, but as a poster in another thread has stated, it's not what is offered when the claim is started, but what is offered when the claim is finished. I just hope its still a TP2 when I hear back from Asurion.

i will attest again that i bought my tp (brand new refurb) from a friend who has never sold me anything bad. the tp was bad from the get go. i had the keyboard replaced and two weeks later, the modem crapped out. the rep at the sprint repair store offered (no pleading on my part) to order a tp2 to replace the bad tp if it would go through. it did. i had the tp less than a month.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6900

JSMZ is becoming a great contributor

change my attitude? what? ive been through 10 of these things now, they actually gave me back the broken phone and said to wait 3 months, after executive services noted my account for level 5 replacement.

my attitud is called for. ive been civil up to this point. I have been dealing with this since june 09.

and fyi, there is only 1 sprint store within 50 miles of here. so doubt ill be "going to another store"

if sprint sold ignorance and lies im sure their stocks might actually be worth something.
more than likely, ill be going to another provider

Last edited by JSMZ; 01-08-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

intel8052 is a n00b

Quote:
change my attitude? what? ive been through 10 of these things now, and i was just told i will be paying for service for months without a working phone.

my attitud is called for. ive been civil up to this point. I have been dealing with this since june 09.

and fyi, there is only 1 sprint store within 50 miles of here. so doubt ill be "going to another store"

if sprint sold ignorance and lies im sure their stocks might actually be worth something.
I suppose there is some justification then. I for one didn't realize the 50 mile thing so the whole store hopping until you find a good rep isn't an option. I did a search within 50 miles from my work and decided to go to the 14th closest (and there were more)...

My phone just missed another call for me (ringer didn't go off until the last second) and then kinda half locked up. Go figure it happens the day after I am at the shop.. well the missed calls thing happens all the damn time, I thought it might be my screen lock but I just uninstalled that and still have problems. and the screen locking up was apparently just super-lag this time around I guess, fixed itself after a min when I put the phone down to call the sprint store and say that its locked up and I am on my way in.

Edit: Maybe I will try another sprint store on my way home this evening to see if they can help

Last edited by intel8052; 01-08-2010 at 01:26 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:29 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Quote:
change my attitude? what? ive been through 10 of these things now, they actually gave me back the broken phone and said to wait 3 months, after executive services noted my account for level 5 replacement.

I don't think we are to blame for you're problems =s? Did Sprint really say that? try contacting them different method, if not ask to be credited for those months that you have no cell phone, if not try switching to a temp seasonal plan.... Though i highly doubt Sprint would leave you without a cell phon and tell you that you are going to keep paying for no reason.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

no, im not blaming those with real issues. I have been reading this thread since the beginning and i am blaming the (many) people in here that purposely jacked up a functioning phone just so they can get a free upgrade.

and yes, that is exactly what happened at the store. Im sure my executive services rep will blow a gasket when he gets back from vacation. he called me yesterday on my pre paid before he left and told me that he called the store manager and had it taken care of.......

Last edited by JSMZ; 01-08-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by intel8052 View Post
I suppose there is some justification then. I for one didn't realize the 50 mile thing so the whole store hopping until you find a good rep isn't an option. I did a search within 50 miles from my work and decided to go to the 14th closest (and there were more)...
not arguing with you there, but if a person is rude or demanding, they won't be helped. the fact of the matter is(and yes, this is in this thread also), if you have had multiple replacements(i had 9) you will be sent to a repair center. if a person gets to that repair center and are rude, they won't be helped. calling *2 and being angry with them won't help. i felt the same as some folks in this thread, but then i changed my attitude. when i changed, they changed and offered the tp2. now, this isn't at you, but maybe the person that's now on my ignore list will read this and change their ways.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ok dr cool guy. . ive been nothing but polite and patient up to this point in case you forgot how to read. 9 months of this and it wasnt until last night after being lied to and left sitting with no device and a bill to pay is when my temper began to flair.

Last edited by JSMZ; 01-08-2010 at 01:46 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro