PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 04:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

soinkster is keeping up the good worksoinkster is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

I spoke to another idiot last night offering snaps and such those reps really try to push the pre on you jeez
Old 01-08-2010, 05:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

coolguy949 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutzy19 View Post
All of you angry people in here.. IF YOU HAVE TEP (Total equiptment protection), have a hardware failure (screen,KB,ect) log on to Phoneclaim.com (Asurions web site) , file a claim , pay your 100 deductible, and get a TP2 (otherwise known as a 7380) because they are out of TP1's. End of argument. Stop trying to get Sprint to give you a "FREE" one.

When I choose "keypad does not work/sticks" as the reason it tells me to handle it with Sprint. Is there another reason I should be putting? My keyboard doesn't work anymore. I dropped it for the first time ever last week and it has been acting crazy since. It freezes mid-type whenever I use the on-screen KB. Hard reset doesn't fix it. Regardless, the phone needs to be replaced due to the dead KB.

Legally I'm not sure if I can just put any reason down since I read there is an affidavit.

Last edited by coolguy949; 01-08-2010 at 05:30 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You can always be careless with the phone for a few days...act like it is one of those industrial strength ones.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Titan, Touch Pro, Touch pro 2, EVO!

class1c is just getting started

Im getting my touch pro 2 on Monday through asurion. Sprint didnt seem as though they were gonna bend on getting me one. Im currently on my 6th phone (anything from sceen going crazy and blacking out to keyboard typing an A when i want an L). I payed the $100 deductible better than paying for the phone and i had received the touch pro for free so it was worth it. And seeing as the HD2 is for TMO (BS! ) ill take the tp2 for now
Old 01-09-2010, 03:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

HTCproDVS is just getting started

I just went to the Sprint repair store near my house because phoneclaim.com said that if the phone is malfunctioning blah blah blah. Long story short the guy couldn't fix the screen, it was going black. He was not in a good mood just got chewed out by the guy before me, just told me he couldn't fix it and ordered me a new one, no option for what phone I wanted or anything. Got home called Sprint to try and see if I was getting a TP2 they said that I would have to call the store to see what the replacement was. Called the store and I'm getting a TP2 Monday!! Said the warehouse is out of TP1.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Geno is a n00b

If you have the tep, cant you just say you lost it or it was stolen? Or drop it in the pool.
Geno
Old 01-09-2010, 08:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

martinarcher is a n00b

I was on my second Touch Pro (Sprint replaced the first one after issues receiving calls and texts - diagnosed on the phone w/ Sprint and they sent a replacement next day). I used the second Touch Pro for the last two months and it began to show some nasty problems...

getting hot
keyboard issues
randomly shutting down (backlight remained on). To reboot you had to repress the soft reset and then hold the power button and it would boot back up.

I called Sprint and they agreed there was a problem, but since it was a hardware issue and there was know way to diagnose over the phone, they noted the problems in my account notes and advised me to take it to a Sprint repair center.

Over Christmas break I took it into a Sprint store and kindly explained the problems. They said they would need the phone for 30 minutes to run tests. I took my SD card out and gave them the phone. I left and returned 30 minutes later. I walked up the counter and the clerk explained that there were problems founf with my Pro and since it was the second one I had had they has activated a TP2 for me.

It was already programmed with my contacts. I thanked them and left a happy Sprint customer!

As soon as I got home I hit up ppcgeeks and started burning ROMs.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham

Well, I decided to try my hand at it, just out of curiosity. Had to go to a Sprint store to get my wife's phone serviced so I figured, what the heck while I'm there I'd ask. Told the rep that my phone overheats if I use it at all while charging... she proceeds to tell me that all phones get hot if you use them while they're plugged in... I just rolled my eyes and said "Ok". I'll try talking to a different rep, or maybe an actual tech, when we go to pick up my wife's replacement Q9c (which is a whole DIFFERENT story) on Monday/Tuesday...
Old 01-10-2010, 12:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

internetaffairs is becoming a great contributor

Anyone that has luck in the LOS ANGELES and surrounding area..could you please PM me and tell me where?

this is so frustrating.

Last edited by internetaffairs; 01-10-2010 at 12:46 AM.
Old 01-10-2010, 05:10 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC 6850

eyecannon is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetaffairs View Post
Anyone that has luck in the LOS ANGELES and surrounding area..could you please PM me and tell me where?

this is so frustrating.
I'd love to know as well... my TP is locking up pretty frequently, just hard reset so gonna see how that goes. About 2 months ago I had a pretty bad experience at the Westwood repair place dealing with my wife's TP with dead keyboard and lockups etc. She ended up getting a refurb TP which has been doing ok for now.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro