PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 07:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

bluedeer is keeping up the good workbluedeer is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Not to mention the entitlement I see every time a new phone comes out, people complain and whine about how much their current phone 'sucks' and they want the newest phone for free, and how much more awesome the newest phone is, and then they get it...and the cycle begins anew.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero w/ Custom ROM

celsius0010 is keeping up the good workcelsius0010 is keeping up the good work

No TP2.. I had a store "fix" my kb twice.. Then order me a refurb tp.. Its working great so far.. So im happy...
Old 11-16-2009, 09:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G and to the curb I kicked, WINMO

shatner is keeping up the good workshatner is keeping up the good work

Bluedeer, I dont think the majority of the people here are the kinds you describe. Thankfully this HUGE thread is filled with authentic bad experiences. The ones who are thinking this is a free ride to the next phone dont get much attention from those here that are dissapointed with their expensive phone becoming a lemon, and receiving lemon after lemon as a replacement.

BTW just received my advance replacement, needed two thumbs to open the slider the first time and there is a nice gap between the halves! Good job refurbers, I wonder if I should just call and give them a piece of my mind. Damn I wish I had the Hero right about now.

ARRGH!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (37.0 KB, 29 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by shatner; 11-16-2009 at 09:02 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Wow, that's terrible. I just got a replacment TP1 today and it looks like new. Hopefully this one will hold up, lol..
Quote:
Originally Posted by shatner View Post
Bluedeer, I dont think the majority of the people here are the kinds you describe. Thankfully this HUGE thread is filled with authentic bad experiences. The ones who are thinking this is a free ride to the next phone dont get much attention from those here that are dissapointed with their expensive phone becoming a lemon, and receiving lemon after lemon as a replacement.

BTW just received my advance replacement, needed two thumbs to open the slider the first time and there is a nice gap between the halves! Good job refurbers, I wonder if I should just call and give them a piece of my mind. Damn I wish I had the Hero right about now.

ARRGH!

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 11-16-2009, 09:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Sinful1217 is just getting started
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Woot woot! Just got my TP2. Called today and the Rep said it was waiting for me. That rep totally owns! After all the crap i went thru with customer service and the endless hours on the phone....finally found someone that was willin to take care of bizness!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: SP

exiton is a n00b

Now that the TP2 is showing back up in stores, I wonder if it will re-stock on the WEL list.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

wraithoftitan is a n00b

Just went to Sprint store today and they gave me a replacement TP since they couldn't fix my kb. We'll see how long it'll last and it seems that they had more recent stock ROM cuz Touchflo seems to be much faster than usual.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G and to the curb I kicked, WINMO

shatner is keeping up the good workshatner is keeping up the good work

wraith, I noticed on my last refurb that TF3D was faster too, if only it didnt freeze overnight or in calls.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment, ZE12.1 kernel & CL14

boiker is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatner View Post
wraith, I noticed on my last refurb that TF3D was faster too, if only it didnt freeze overnight or in calls.
I have had my latest for about 3 weeks. Its starting to freeze when loading programs, closing programs, when I click "start", answer calls, or change the volume. Also, the screen refuses to turn off when I push the power button.

So, yes, TF3D was working faster, but now the refurb is back to the same old sh!t
Old 11-17-2009, 03:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

piratedninja is keeping up the good workpiratedninja is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to piratedninja

i went into a 3rd party store today that has TP2's in stock. My TP has had a mind of its own (calls people randomly, will not call when i want to call someone, constant crashes, over heating, etc...) the guy at the store i went to said they cant do anything about it because i got that replacement from another repair center. whats up with that? I've never been told anything like that before, and as far as i know you can take your phone to any sprint repair center to get it fixed/replaced.

anyways, so i went back to the store that gave me this TP and they offered me a palm pre and the usual group of craptastic phones which i refused and had them just order me another TP which i will get tomorrow.

5th replacement so far in 5 weeks. I'm pretty much getting a replacement every week and every replacement i get ends up being worse than the previous one

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro