PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2009, 10:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

austerville is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

I find it interesting that people are able to get a TP2 ordered. I had a receptive tech who's been trying to order me a TP2 for over 2 weeks now, with no luck. I spoke with 2 level 2 tech support supervisors who said that the store manager should be able to order me a TP2 or give me one from their stock and they put some notes onto my account to that effect.
Well, I drove to the store with lots of hope, but the manager was unable to help me, since they have NEVER had TP2 in stock and have been unable to order it, even to sell. I thought that was BS, but since they appeared to be helpful and I really have problems with my phone I asked them to order me another TP, rather than the other options on the WEL list.
When I got home I called a few stores around town and they all told me that they don't have any in stock to sell (I didn't mention anything about an exchange) and that the only way that I can get it is to order online or through telesales. I live in a a major city with multiple stores and none of the ones that I called have ever had the TP2 in stock and are unable to sell them. What's up with that? Hopefully my replacement TP will work and I won't have to deal with this again.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

piratedninja is keeping up the good workpiratedninja is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to piratedninja

i went in yesterday to get my phone repaired at a 3rd party store and the guy didnt even bother looking at the phone and told me I have 4 options to chose from (htc snap, 2 different blackberrys, and another touch pro)
i told him to go ahead and order me another touch pro because im not going to downgrade just to get a phone that works.

today i got my 4th refurbished touch pro in a month and i asked the guy swapping my phone out what my options were if this 4th touch pro didnt work right. he basically said the same thing the guy yesterday told me and also said that the touch pro 2 is also an option if there are any in stock, the store didnt have any in stock and he said that he would order one but not even sprint has any in stock and that the system would not even let him order any if there werent any in stock.

this 4th replacement seems like its working for now, we'll see how it goes.
next time i'll call the store before i go in and ask if they have any TP2s in stock.

Last edited by piratedninja; 11-11-2009 at 12:07 AM.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:59 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by austerville View Post
I find it interesting that people are able to get a TP2 ordered.
it's weird but it can be done. my tech said "i ordered you a tp2" and it came next day. some say it can't be ordered. i would keep trying.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

bookerx3 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by austerville View Post
I find it interesting that people are able to get a TP2 ordered.
It is really just a crap shoot it seems now. I know people who have gone to the same store that ordered TP2's for other customers and were turned down. Some people's situations have better luck to getting a switch than others. I was on my first touch pro, yet managed to get a NIB TP2 sent out.

All you can do is try different stores and reps, get detailed notes on your account if possible, and be polite. That will not guarantee you get a TP2 but is the rubric you should follow to greatly increase your chance. Yes they are out of stock, but there must be a reserve stock somewhere because people have been getting orders in for weeks even while the OOS is still the majority consensus.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:11 AM
tok
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

tok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stuff

Just an update on my case in NYC... a few weeks back my "friendly" tech guy at the store was happy to order me a TP2 and told me it would get there in 3-4 days or sooner. Well, as of today, still waiting... with no estimate on when and if the phone will ever get here. And their attitude towards me changed drastically, they can't wait to get rid of me whenever I check with them at the store... they mentioned that multiple people approached them with my same request in the past few weeks, and that I was lucky that I could put an order on the phone because they don't do that any longer. Plus, they said they have no idea when my order will be filled as the TP2 is on backorder with no estimated availability date.
Anyone successful lately in actually getting the phone in NYC?
Old 11-11-2009, 08:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

ghostyroasty is keeping up the good workghostyroasty is keeping up the good work

Would I be better off calling CS or going in to the store? I would rather have a Tour at this point than have another TP.

PSN: ghostyroasty
Xbox Live: ghostyroasty
Old 11-11-2009, 08:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I got my replacement TP yesterday, the buttons are raised and when it is closed it is nowhere near straight. I called the Store Manager that had been helping me and he told me that when he gets a TP2 in he will swap it out. He was one of the guys that told me I should have Sprint send me a TP2 instead of a TP, but that didn't happen. I would like to think he is being sincere since he knows that this is my 6th replacement and 3rd in about 5 weeks. I would like to think so since he gave me a phone to use since my last one was inoperable. I have to make the hour drive back to the store to drop it of to him.

Old 11-11-2009, 12:19 PM
Lurker

Akshay00 is a n00b

After many repairs and replacements of my TP I was able to convince someone at CS to replace my TP with a different phone. This was in contrast to the repair center. The guy there said that if my phone stopped working every week I would have to go to the store every week. When I said that it took me an hour to get to the store from where I live he basically said that I was lying. He said that there was absolutely no option of switching to a different phone and that I shouldn't really be complaining because they have been repairing my phone. He said that Sprint was the next best thing after sliced bread because they at least have repair centers. Worst service I have ever recieved.

Anyway, the guy at CS gave me a list of options: 2 Blackberry phones, HTC Snap, another TP and Palm Treo Pro. There was no mention of the TP2. I wonder if this is because the TP2 is OOS.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

datawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuffdatawrhsdoc knows their stuff

Same deal here. Offered Crackberries, Windows Std phones, and TP. For the TP, they had to get a supervisor waiver. You'd think that they would start to replace these things with Moments once they have some refurb stock.

Sprint Touch Pro
MightyROM 4.16
Old 11-11-2009, 03:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Backup), Samsung Epic (Current)

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to iviyth0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay00 View Post
After many repairs and replacements of my TP I was able to convince someone at CS to replace my TP with a different phone. This was in contrast to the repair center. The guy there said that if my phone stopped working every week I would have to go to the store every week. When I said that it took me an hour to get to the store from where I live he basically said that I was lying. He said that there was absolutely no option of switching to a different phone and that I shouldn't really be complaining because they have been repairing my phone. He said that Sprint was the next best thing after sliced bread because they at least have repair centers. Worst service I have ever recieved.

Anyway, the guy at CS gave me a list of options: 2 Blackberry phones, HTC Snap, another TP and Palm Treo Pro. There was no mention of the TP2. I wonder if this is because the TP2 is OOS.
I don't see how that's bad service at all?? I mean it was pretty A-hole of him to call you a liar about the drive but I don't see an issue as long as they are willing to keep repairing it. He will eventually get tired of it, my repair center just charged me 120 dollars when my keyboard was shot and said I had "water damage" so it couldn't be repaired. I'd take your service center any day. My center is lazy as . Hell even I could have replaced the keyboard (I know how)

The worst part is this happened like a week before the TP ---> TP2 movement began

Last edited by iviyth0s; 11-11-2009 at 03:24 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro