PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 02:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

soinkster is keeping up the good worksoinkster is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tok View Post
Same thing happened to me... ordered the phone 3 weeks ago... i was told it would get to me in 3 days, but i am still waiting. My rep at the store is saying that my order went through, but it has still not shipped. He also said that if he doesn't receive it by this week, he will have to get me a regular TP due to the prolonged wait for the TP2.
i want to bang my head for
you that sucks
Old 11-17-2009, 02:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro - vx6800(Wife)
Carrier: Verizon

JGGiant is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulhiny View Post
I accepted my refurb TP1 and when this breaks (as they all do) I'll just go back. No hurry folks. The way he made me understand it is that this is not some sort of limited time offer. Just wait it out.
That is exactly where I ended up after my 4th refurb from VZW. I'll just keep turning it in under warranty until they have no more refurbs and have to offer a comparable phone.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:49 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

Quote:
The rep at my local repair center flat out told me that Sprint is making an effort to get people off of the Touch Pro and on to something else. Touch Pro 2 as of now is just simply OOS for replacement. It does not matter if a store has them in stock, as the replacment phones are a different inventory. I accepted my refurb TP1 and when this breaks (as they all do) I'll just go back. No hurry folks. The way he made me understand it is that this is not some sort of limited time offer. Just wait it out.
Hmm. I went to store today and they ordered me a Tp2. no questions asked. he comes up to me and asks if I would accept a tp2. I grinned and accepted. I'll see if it comes in.

Edit: granted, this would be my 6th Touch pro if they gave me the same exact phone.

Last edited by 1999TL; 11-17-2009 at 04:02 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 2 Touch Pro 2s
Carrier: Sprint SERO

udithadj is just getting started

got one for my friend too through asurion (already replace my my 2 tp to 2 tp2). didn't do anything special, just told them the tp was not functioning properly (which it wasn't ). It was heating up and freezing. they offered me a TP2, plain and simple. BTW i had a mogul replaced to TP in april for $50 (TP carries a 1 yr warrenty through asurion since they replaced)
Old 11-17-2009, 07:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.13918/938; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL
Quote:
The rep at my local repair center flat out told me that Sprint is making an effort to get people off of the Touch Pro and on to something else. Touch Pro 2 as of now is just simply OOS for replacement. It does not matter if a store has them in stock, as the replacment phones are a different inventory. I accepted my refurb TP1 and when this breaks (as they all do) I'll just go back. No hurry folks. The way he made me understand it is that this is not some sort of limited time offer. Just wait it out.
Hmm. I went to store today and they ordered me a Tp2. no questions asked. he comes up to me and asks if I would accept a tp2. I grinned and accepted. I'll see if it comes in.

Edit: granted, this would be my 6th Touch pro if they gave me the same exact phone.
oh that's great! When I went in (Friday) they were out of stock. He showed me the screen, actually. But see, when you went in they had them, so you got one. That was my only point. I think as long as they are in stock it is not a problem. My guess is that stock doesnt last very long though, lol..That's why it is so hit and miss.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 11-17-2009, 10:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive on SERO
Carrier: Sprint!

chuchizwifey is a n00b

just to put in my two cents, i have had 3 replacements in the past 2 months (6 total in the year i've had it) and the two stores i went to didn't even CARRY the tp2. they told me the tp was a problem phone from the beginning but i would have to upgrade and sign 2 years if i wanted anything different. *sigh*
ericsson t281 (2001-2003, voicestream) | nokia 3390 (2003-2004 t-mobile) | samsung a620 (2004-2006 sprint) | nokia 2125 (2005 metropcs) | nokia 6235i (2006-2008 metropcs) | sidekick 3 (2006-2008 t-mobile) | htc mogul (2008 sprint) | apple iphone (2008 t-mobile) | htc touch pro (2008-2009 sprint)
additional toys
motorola i860 | blackberry 7520 | treo 600 | sidekick 2 | motorola t193 | motorola v228

sprint sero 500 mins + 300 bonus, unlimited pic/txt msg & internet, nights at 7
Old 11-17-2009, 10:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

piratedninja is keeping up the good workpiratedninja is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to piratedninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeriel05 View Post
Did this store say they had new NIB devices in stock or that refurb's are back in stock?

the first store i went into, i called earlier that day and asked if they had any TP2's in stock and the guy said yes.

the store that actually ordered my replacement TP never had any in stock and the lady just out right told me TP2 was never an option to begin with even though the guy that replaced my phone the week before said he could get me a TP2 but the system would not let him order any because they were out of stock.

I was supposed to go pick up my replacement today but didnt have time, i'll try in the morning hoping i get a different person working there and can possibly try to get me a TP2

im still surprised by the response i got from the guy at the first store telling me he couldnt do ANYTHING since i didnt get his store to order me the replacement the first time. I'm tempted to call up customer service about this
Old 11-17-2009, 10:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4, 32GB
Carrier: VZW

Shohan is just getting started

Ended up going to my local Repair Center as my GPS was acting up. The guy took the phone looked at it for a few minutes and came back with a short list of replacement phones I could have. A couple Blackberries, Pre, another Touch Pro, HTC Snap, and an Palm 850 Pro. Well, I ended up taking the Pre figuring it'd be an interesting option. They got it in a couple days later and when I went in to get it swapped ended up finding out that the Pre requires an Everything Plan and it wasn't compatible with my SERO 500 plan. The reps tried and then they got in the online chat with a different rep who said he couldn't do it either unless I upgraded to a different plan which I wasn't willing to do.

So now knowing this I've got to get back with them on what phone I want out of another TP, a Snap or an Palm 850 Pro. At this I'm not sure. I'm kind of burned out on HTC products so I might look at the Palm Pro. I'm actually trying to TOL my SERO plan and sell whatever replacement they give me, though, so I don't know what I'll end up with. Sprint just doesn't have the coverage in my area despite loving my SERO plan.

Any thoughts on what the better choice would be; another TP, Snap, or Palm Pro?

HTC Mogul > Touch Pro > Touch Pro 2 > Droid > iPhone 4.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Dell Venue Pro
Carrier: T-mobile

zigg is a n00b

I ordered a replacement cause my phone kept freezing on the SMS screen. I got a TP, but it wasn't the same phone.

Has anyone noticed the new keyboard? It now has 'shift' on both sides and a 'ctrl' key. The 'space' button is smaller as well (to compensate for the 'ctrl' I suppose). This might not be new to some, but I got the TP when it launched and had 2 replaced there after. None came with a 'ctrl' key.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

my TP has ALWAYS had 2 shift keys and the CTRL key... Sprint Touch Pro.... might be different for other carriers

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro