PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2009, 10:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP_Cutie24F View Post
damn people start a new topic this one is old
Find a new thread to read. Some people find this interesting and helpful. Obviously, you aren't one of those people.

For being a member for less than 2 weeks, you might have a little more respect for the forums here. Yeah, you're gonna see threads that you find completely pointless, but you don't need to post in that supposed completely pointless thread.

People have had some serious issues with their TP, and any way we can help out our fellow PPCGeekers, we do. That entails everyone telling different things that have worked, different things that haven't worked, and different things they want, no matter the issue: different .cabs, different phones, reg edits.

So please, before you post anything, just think: Is this going to help my fellow PPCGeeker?

Oh yeah, and use the search button....

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-14-2009, 10:23 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiker View Post
The randomness of everyone's experiences tell me that it is not the type of store, (my experiences were with a 3rd party store) it's the management and the luck of the draw with phone CS.
this is what is posted a while back. some folks have to understand that it is up to cs or the store. so be nice! @ coolwhip, great post!
Old 11-14-2009, 10:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
this is what is posted a while back. some folks have to understand that it is up to cs or the store. so be nice! @ coolwhip, great post!
Anytime...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-14-2009, 11:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Bridlar77 is a n00b

So I wake up this morning and my phone is froze on the home screen wont do a thing so i do a soft reset.. nothing, Hard reset nothing..i go to the Sprint Store and they cant fix it... it just keeps freezing on the home screen so now lost every frickin thing in the phone....Thank god for WMDC.. The Rep felt so bad she gave me a loaner phone until my phone comes in because they didnt have my phone in stock to replace it with and what are they replacing my phone with a 4th Touch Pro offered me a BBY or a SNAP NO THANK YOU Never offered the TP2 so i ask about it all casual and they say that phone isn't on the list for replacement was at one time but hasn't been for awhile now OOS so cant even offer it...don't think it will be back in for awhile ...Did I say I Hate WM about now!!
Old 11-15-2009, 03:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

quattro is just getting started

I can’t believe so many people didn’t know about the sprint replacement game. I have been doing this for years with the treo. Each time a new model came out I went to the store said there was a problem with my current phone and was given the newest model.

The problems that people are running into has to do with inventory and the way they are going about requesting a replacement. If you go to a store that has the TP in stock then you will get a TP. So you have to find a store that is out of stock of the TP but has the TP2 in stock.

The TP is known for having problems. When I bought mine the sales person actually tried to talk me out of buying the phone. So you can say just about anything is wrong with the device.

In a sense it's up to the store and some stores are more replacement friendly then others. However you have to look at the bigger picture, plead your case properly, and remember that you are the customer. I’m not saying I would be an outright prick however being too nice will allow the store to walk over you. If the rep/manager feels that they can sell you on another TP then that’s what you’re going to leave the store with.

Now there are some things you can do to make your case stronger. First and foremost go to the store where you purchased the phone originally. Also before you start complaining about wanting a different device make sure the store you are at has replaced your TP at least once.

After the store has agreed that your device is defective don’t out right ask for a TP2 or at least not at first. Now once again, if the store has a TP in stock that’s what you’re going to get. If the store doesn’t have a TP in stock then they have to abide by the TEP policy which states “Your replacement device will be the same device as your original or a comparable device with similar quality and features.” The store of course is going to offer you blackberry and Palm OS related phones but all you have to do is let the store know that all of your programs are windows based therefore blackberry’s and Palms won’t be compatible with your existing programs because they don’t have similar features and they are cheaper then the TP.

At this point you want to ask for the TP2, the store has already let you know that they don’t have your phone in stock so now it’s a matter of them giving you a comparable device.

Remember to bring up important facts like, when you purchased your TP it was the most expensive phone sprint sold. Make sure they realized that you paid top dollar for your paper weight. Also bring up the fact that the phone model is defective, proven by the fact that you have had your TP replaced multiple times but are still having issues. Make them realize how unacceptable it is that you have to keep coming back to the same store to have your $600 device replaced. And as far as comparable device with similar features, the only option is the TP2. Mainly because the replacement device has to first use windows mobile and the only sprint phone using this OS with similar features is the TP2.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:05 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

quattro...welcome to the battlefiled soldier!(standard 1st post saying)
Old 11-15-2009, 06:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Touch Pro 2

Jesse Buck is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattro View Post
Make them realize how unacceptable it is that you have to keep coming back to the same store to have your $600 device replaced. And as far as comparable device with similar features, the only option is the TP2.
Well stated

Old 11-15-2009, 07:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

tc3jg is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to tc3jg

yeah to that poster that said a new thread already......yeah thats all I have to say I was part of the same mogul thread before I got it replaced with tpro...but yeah SO it seems all of you all going through issues with the actual store Anyone out there like me who is getting the run around with Asurion the insurance company?....they are the ones who offered me a treo pro, snap, or crapberry.......well anyway when I called back and talk to them they said that they would ship me YET ANOTHER touch pro but they have to wait until I mail the other phone that I was suppose to send them back...Yep thats right they havent even recieved the phone this one is replacing and the replacement has broke...yet they still want to send me another tpro this is so comical its not even funny. wonder if this will be a new in the box TP or will it be a refurb like my last.

I held Atandt tilt 2 today and well needless to say im in love so JUST GIVE ME THE TP2 already

geez ok enough venting lol
Old 11-15-2009, 08:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Medic is keeping up the good workMedic is keeping up the good workMedic is keeping up the good work

My problem is unique in the sense that I only have 1 corporate store in town which is also the only repair center as well and customer service reps tell me that they can't order me any more phones due to the system locking them out after reps order 3 replacements. Now my only option is taking my phone to the only local store that I have issues with their service.

This last time that sprint sent me a replacement phone it came with a more than usual gap between the keyboard and screen. When I attempted to take it to the only sprint store they gave me crap that its normal for a refurbished phone and the tech adjusted it the best they could. It took me 3 calls to customer service and for a supervisor to finally speak to a manager at the store to have my phone replaced with another TP.

Frankly I'm tired of this phone. I've gone thru 5 replacements. 3 advanced exchanges done by the reps over the phone and 2 at the store, for a dead screen and dead keyboard. I couldn't even get the store to replace my phone or fix it for that matter when I had the oil smudge these phones get. They acknowledge the smudge was there but told me they couldn't replace it cuz it didn't get in the way of the phones functions.

After all this I'm ready to walk away from Sprint after 8 years but unfortunately I'm in contract until 10/10.

Also don't know about you guys but I hate that the stores and phone reps easy answer to my issues is " I see you have insurance, why don't you make a claim?" F-them why should I dish out $100 and use 1 of my 3 claims for a defective phone. My claims are for my f-ups not for replacing a phone sprint should be replacing.

Last edited by Medic; 11-15-2009 at 09:01 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

tone_dog is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to tone_dog Send a message via Yahoo to tone_dog

i just checked the adcance exchange. TP still being replaced with TP. Damn i missed my turn. oh well keep on trying i guess

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro