PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2009, 04:42 PM
tok
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

tok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Just an update... after waiting for almost a month from my local Sprint store, my order for the TP2 "disappeared" as well as the tech that was helping me. The store couldn't find any trace of the previous tech ever ordering anything for me, so I called customer service, explained the situation, and after being put on hold and transferred for more than 30 minutes, the rep said "good news, I just ordered a Touch Pro for you"... and I asked if she meant Touch Pro 2... nope... she basically ignored everything that I told her in the conversation and everything that has been going on for the past month, and placed an order for the Touch Pro. Once she realized the mistake, she apologized, tried to cancel the order (and failed doing so), and told me to go back to the store to see if anything could be done because she was not able to cancel the order.
I went back to the store... the (new) techs started giving me excuses about the Touch Pro 2 only being offered when the original Touch Pro is out of stock. They claim they don't have any record of the previous tech that spoke to me for the past month, and no record for my Touch Pro 2 order. They said they could get me the HTC Snap if I wanted...
I am so angry now... I have been played around for almost a month. I have been promised the replacement phone. I have been told it was ordered. Now they are forcing me to get another TP refurb, which will probably start freezing and overheating like my current phone.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tok View Post
Just an update... after waiting for almost a month from my local Sprint store, my order for the TP2 "disappeared" as well as the tech that was helping me. The store couldn't find any trace of the previous tech ever ordering anything for me, so I called customer service, explained the situation, and after being put on hold and transferred for more than 30 minutes, the rep said "good news, I just ordered a Touch Pro for you"... and I asked if she meant Touch Pro 2... nope... she basically ignored everything that I told her in the conversation and everything that has been going on for the past month, and placed an order for the Touch Pro. Once she realized the mistake, she apologized, tried to cancel the order (and failed doing so), and told me to go back to the store to see if anything could be done because she was not able to cancel the order.
I went back to the store... the (new) techs started giving me excuses about the Touch Pro 2 only being offered when the original Touch Pro is out of stock. They claim they don't have any record of the previous tech that spoke to me for the past month, and no record for my Touch Pro 2 order. They said they could get me the HTC Snap if I wanted...
I am so angry now... I have been played around for almost a month. I have been promised the replacement phone. I have been told it was ordered. Now they are forcing me to get another TP refurb, which will probably start freezing and overheating like my current phone.
You need to call executive support. Look it up and I'm sure you'll find it.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

jglynn is a n00b

Brought my TP into the store today, with a loose keyboard, overheating/charging issues and a screen that periodically turns to black which I have to shake to get back to normal. Tech looked at it for 20 minutes and came out and told me he ordered me a new phone. I mentioned that it was my 3rd Tp and he said "Don't worry, I ordered you a TP2, you'll have it Monday." Kudos to Sprint for always taking care of me. I never mentioned the Touch Pro 2, by the way.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:34 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjsrik View Post
I said that I know the list also includes TP2s and his response was:

"I don't know where you people are coming up with these fabricated lists, but I don't know of any lists."
not picking on this person, but this is why i keep saying read post #1455. but i am through saying it over and over. this is all hit or miss. the fact that sprint is even doing this is great. some of you want to leave because you didn't get your way. good luck with verizon or at&t or t-mobile doing something like this. btw, i had 9 tps so if you get another, just play the game and take it. if you go in demanding an upgrade, YOU WILL NOT GET IT, flat out.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touchpro

willielumpx2 is a n00b

Better business bureau
Old 11-20-2009, 05:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero

mrfett79 is becoming a great contributor

Well after fighting with Sprint for a month and not getting anywhere ( I was wanting a TP2 but would settle for a NIB TP1) I finally got Sprint to get me and my wife NIB TP1. The nightmare with Sprint and getting a TP2 was soooooo bad that I am leaving when my contract is up in Aug. I am not leaving because I didn't get my way by getting a TP2 but got such horrible customer service both in store (corp) and over the phone. For those of you still getting the refurbed TP1 try going to different corp stores and asking if they can order a new TP1. I told the CS rep I would not accept a refurbed phone and he understood and ordered a new one. I have never had a refurbed phone and between me and my wife we have had 5 TP1.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

user1 is just getting started

Here's what I did. I went to a repair center and was helped out by a lady near a podium taking appointments for repair. While waiting for my turn, i got bored and started to mess with her, in a joking manner of course....
Me: i dont like sprints customer service...
HTC touch pro sucks huh?
Rep: yes it does. You should have received a letter from HTC acknowledging the freezing issues and so forth.
Me: Well, no i didnt. What can I do
Rep: Theres an approved list you can swap your phone out.
Me: I hope you remember what ur saying so u can back me when i go to the techs.
Rep: Oh I will, Im the manger.(woops)
Unfortunately, it couldnt be ordered because of some level 4 or 5 and warehouse was out of stock(this was a week ago). So, she called me yesterday and said the levels or something has changed..BLAH BLAH. In other words she can order my phone and did. I gets it(tp2) on monday.

Hope this helps

Last edited by user1; 11-20-2009 at 06:06 PM.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro

tj78492 is a n00b

People need to realize its a numbers game, the store is either going to offer it to you or not, if they don't no amount of complaining and bitching is going to change that, chalk it up as an L and try a different store. When you find the right store you wont have to do much.

If none in your area will budge either wait awhile and try again or try a store in a different area, the holidays are coming if you travel that'd be a good opportunity to try your luck.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro

tj78492 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfett79 View Post
Well after fighting with Sprint for a month and not getting anywhere ( I was wanting a TP2 but would settle for a NIB TP1) I finally got Sprint to get me and my wife NIB TP1. The nightmare with Sprint and getting a TP2 was soooooo bad that I am leaving when my contract is up in Aug. I am not leaving because I didn't get my way by getting a TP2 but got such horrible customer service both in store (corp) and over the phone. For those of you still getting the refurbed TP1 try going to different corp stores and asking if they can order a new TP1. I told the CS rep I would not accept a refurbed phone and he understood and ordered a new one. I have never had a refurbed phone and between me and my wife we have had 5 TP1.
So Sprints horrible customer service has replaced your phones 3 times with new phones?

Granted they may not be uniform across the board but to call them horrible is a stretch, with customers like us I see why sprint is doing so bad
Old 11-20-2009, 07:12 PM
tok
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

tok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stufftok knows their stuff
Thumbs up Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjsrik View Post
You need to call executive support. Look it up and I'm sure you'll find it.
Wow, thanks for the suggestion! I just called, and I must say, I'm very impressed by the excellent costumer service! The rep was very understanding, I was put on hold, he called the manager at the store whom will now be "trying" to get the TP2 for me. If I don't hear back from him, or if I don't get the phone, the rep at executive support encouraged me to call him back until we get this issue resolved. He will call me back on Wednesday to follow up. Wish all Sprint's customer service was like this!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro