PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2009, 10:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

HKO10 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

For those who are having trouble with getting your TP swapped with a TP2, do not give up hope! I decided to call CS today instead of driving 30 miles to the repair center about my 3rd TP (got on thursday) about the same problems i've had with my other 2. First call was a total fail as the lady told me to go to a Sprint repair center...

I called again to have a different CS tell me the same thing, but I asked to be forwarded to escalations (whom i had terrible experience with last week). This time i had the most fantastic lady, Tanya, who went out of her way to help me out. She told me that they are out of stock of TP2's but she found one at a sprint store which is 40 miles away from my home... Drove all the way out there to be told that they did not have it... How frustrating!!!! Driving 80 miles for absolutely nothing. They ordered me on and I will be driving another 80 miles on Monday.

Long story short, skip over customer service and ask for escalations. Like others, it really does depend on who you have as your representative and also, be nice! They really don't need to help you if you're being demanding and rude.

It's still possible!!!
Old 12-13-2009, 11:55 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TITOMSD View Post
update : tp2 are now in stock...got mine ordered should have mine by tues. or weds. since they said will take 2-3 business days and i was told will be nib....i rally hope the tp2 isnt going to turn out like my tp has been...good luck to those still trying..
+1, I had one ordered on Friday. Called *2 yesterday and they confirmed. I will add that I went to a 3rd party store on Friday and was told they were OOS..then I went to the Corp store and they were able to order it. They didn't even really look at my phone.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 12-13-2009, 12:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6900
Carrier: sprint

JSMZ is becoming a great contributor

I keep getting the BS runaround. im sick of dealing with these crappy phones. I just wish they would either get me a touch pro that is decent, or put me in a tp2.

I actually reported my saga to The Consumerist this morning.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMZ View Post
I keep getting the BS runaround. im sick of dealing with these crappy phones. I just wish they would either get me a touch pro that is decent, or put me in a tp2.

I actually reported my saga to The Consumerist this morning.
I'm surprised to hear that people are still having so much trouble. My local Corp store is very difficult to deal with most of the time and they swapped no questions asked. The rep there told me that HTC is actually footing the bill on the replacements, so they really have no problem with the swap..if that's really the case why does Sprint even care? Just make the swap and be done with it..Sorry to hear bro, I wish you luck.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulhiny View Post
I'm surprised to hear that people are still having so much trouble. My local Corp store is very difficult to deal with most of the time and they swapped no questions asked. The rep there told me that HTC is actually footing the bill on the replacements, so they really have no problem with the swap..if that's really the case why does Sprint even care? Just make the swap and be done with it..Sorry to hear bro, I wish you luck.
Wow, that's the first I've heard of HTC playing a role. I wonder if they (Sprint/HTC) just dont want to spread the word about it. I mean how much would both stand to lose if everyone were going to turn in their TP1 (or at least the one with problems - which is still a lot it seems).
Old 12-13-2009, 03:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Arterion is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Arterion Send a message via MSN to Arterion Send a message via Yahoo to Arterion

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKO10 View Post
They ordered me on and I will be driving another 80 miles on Monday.
Couldn't you have it shipped to your house? lol
Old 12-13-2009, 03:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

soinkster is keeping up the good worksoinkster is keeping up the good work

out of stock!
Old 12-13-2009, 04:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

zxcvzxcv is a n00b

sprint is replacing my Touch Pro with another Touch Pro.

The rep said I could have swapped the touch pro for a blackberry curve, palm pre, htc snap or palm treo 860.

The rep said that the touch pro2's are not available. I assume that is the end of the upgrade to touch pro2.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:48 PM
Lurker

HKO10 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arterion View Post
Couldn't you have it shipped to your house? lol

I didn't think about that until i left- as i was quite furious and frustrated, i then tried to call the store but they didn't pick up... :/
Old 12-13-2009, 04:50 PM
Lurker

HKO10 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcvzxcv View Post
The rep said that the touch pro2's are not available. I assume that is the end of the upgrade to touch pro2.

I got the same answer when I called escalations.. Guess they have been out for awhile, but, just ask them if they can find any store within your area that might have one in stock. Even if the store doesn't have it in stock, the store can order it for you. (at least that's what happened to me)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro