PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2009, 02:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G and to the curb I kicked, WINMO
Carrier: Sprint

shatner is keeping up the good workshatner is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

tried the 8778096696 number about my split apart replacement, and since it was my 3rd, he cant work anything over the phone, now I have to go to a sprint repair center, one of the few I havent tried thankfully, and the one I have been going to for 10 years, to have them look at it. I have avoided them because as a 3rd party they seem too overly commission driven and I have had good reps and reps there that were like, meh, call assurion... I PRAY that they have some pity and just put me in a TP2, I am just bewildered that I spent top dollar on a laptop that I use EVER DAY for 3 years and have had no major issues with, I spent top dollar on phone that cracks apart in a matter of months of gentle care and now I have to chase my tail and get crapo refub after crapo refurb.... still trying to keep my cool.

Last edited by shatner; 11-20-2009 at 02:33 AM.
Old 11-20-2009, 03:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700

Batts is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Batts

About a week ago my key board on my TP1 went out.. Took it in and they replaced it with a TP2.. no questions asked..
Old 11-20-2009, 03:42 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batts View Post
About a week ago my key board on my TP1 went out.. Took it in and they replaced it with a TP2.. no questions asked..
alot of people are getting that, alot aren't. i think we need to find out why although i have a pretty good idea (see post #1455-page 146)
Old 11-20-2009, 12:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

snowglyder is just getting started

Post 1455 says to go to every store you can... this means every REPAIR store you can, right? There are only 2 here, only 1 is corp, so it's impossible to not hit one up 2 times.

Has anyone had success taking it to a regular Sprint store and getting it replaced? I tried, but they told me that I have to go to a repair store. Would it make a difference to go to the repair store, have them look at it, note the account that it needs to be replaced, and take the phone back and then go to a non-repair Sprint store to have it replaced?
Old 11-20-2009, 12:50 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowglyder View Post
Post 1455 says to go to every store you can... this means every REPAIR store you can, right? There are only 2 here, only 1 is corp, so it's impossible to not hit one up 2 times.
but that's what's outlined in the post. there are no magic words or phrases really. it's hit or miss. if your local repair stores won't help, a call to *2 might. or an email to ecare. or a letter to dan hesse, you get my drift lol.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

dakidobf is keeping up the good workdakidobf is keeping up the good work

Is it possible that certain regions have access to certain refurbished models of phones? I got my TP1 replaced with a TP2 here in Baltimore with no hassle, didn't have to beg and plead etc. Maybe in this area, there are no TP1 refurbs available so they gave me a refurb TP2? I think the bottom line is, don't EXPECT to get a TP2. From reading these posts its pretty evident that if they can give you a refurb TP1, then they will.
Old 11-20-2009, 03:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurecrayon View Post
here is my tale of woe:

ive been trying to get switched to the tp2 since this first started in early oct. my phone has had real issues, severe dropped calls, lack of signal strength, overheating when in use, audio glitches, sometimes screen wakes up for 2 seconds out of every 30 seconds when not in use. it took 4 advanced tech support calls, a visit to a corp repair center, and another call to an asc before i finally called to cancel service and they at least set me up with a free airave (refunded the cost to my acct and i get 24 months free airave service). that solved the signal strength and dropped calls while at home at least. ive since been to the asc again for the overheating and other random issues where i was told they can ONLY replace it with a refurb, no nib tp and no other model.

my sister has a tp also and has had two replacements in the last 3 months and her most recent nib one has a broken kb already. we originally had moguls, but i got a tp through advanced exchange last april when they were out of mogul refurbs, and told her about it too so she could do the same.

so we both went to the corp repair store last night. i coached her on what her demands should be for a replacement phone (dont accept another tp1, must have qwerty slide out kb, touchscreen, expansion card slot, winmo, etc). she told them she wanted a tp2, the rep tried to talk her out of it offering her blackberries etc, but she said no and listed what she required in a phone as coached to do. i took my phone in for overheating and the camera was operating funky.

guess who had a new tp2 ordered for them?? well it wasnt me. i, the one who has spent hours on the phone with tech support on multiple days, read every word of every post faithfully for the 170 pages and 6 weeks of this thread, i was told, again, that they cant duplicate the issues with my phone and so there is nothing wrong with it. while my sister who doesnt even read forums about her phone, uses stock rom and doesnt care about modding her phone, got on the sero plan because i told her about it and helped her set it up, got her tp because i checked advance exchange for two weeks until it offered the tp instead of refurb mogul, she reaps the rewards of my efforts and will be going back in 2-3 days to pick up her brand new tp2. i am happy for her, really.

life is unfair. so is sprint.

i figure now i will take a different tactic. until now i havent taken them up on the refurb replacement offers. mine has a nice skin on it and i operate under the "better the devil you know than the devil you dont" theory, so i refused the risky refurbs. but now i think i will do advanced exchange for the overheating, get my refurb which will likely be broken in some way anyway. i hope that in two weeks i can rack up enough refurb exchanges that they will finally let me get a tp2.
I had almost the same experience. Even spoke with Dan Hess' office. Nothing. They shipped me out a refurb replacement (#3) and then told me to go in to a store, that the store could help more. I went in to a store and the assistant manager basically told me he could downgrade me or give me another TP. I said that I know the list also includes TP2s and his response was:

"I don't know where you people are coming up with these fabricated lists, but I don't know of any lists."

I walked out of the store convinced that I am leaving Sprint next month when my contract ends. That was last Saturday. This past Monday, the district manager calls me from another store saying he'd had a call from Executive Customer Support and they told him to order me a NEW TP2. So he did. I picked it up Wednesday from a store closer to my house. Literally after two weeks of arguing with everyone from CSRs to Second-Tier Advanced Exchange, to Executive Support to Managers of Executive Support. To out of the blue this. I don't know what it's about, but I now have a different model.

Very strange.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Backup), Samsung Epic (Current)

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to iviyth0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjsrik View Post
I had almost the same experience. Even spoke with Dan Hess' office. Nothing. They shipped me out a refurb replacement (#3) and then told me to go in to a store, that the store could help more. I went in to a store and the assistant manager basically told me he could downgrade me or give me another TP. I said that I know the list also includes TP2s and his response was:

"I don't know where you people are coming up with these fabricated lists, but I don't know of any lists."

I walked out of the store convinced that I am leaving Sprint next month when my contract ends. That was last Saturday. This past Monday, the district manager calls me from another store saying he'd had a call from Executive Customer Support and they told him to order me a NEW TP2. So he did. I picked it up Wednesday from a store closer to my house. Literally after two weeks of arguing with everyone from CSRs to Second-Tier Advanced Exchange, to Executive Support to Managers of Executive Support. To out of the blue this. I don't know what it's about, but I now have a different model.

Very strange.
Haha awesome tale =D>
Old 11-20-2009, 04:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

No, not a "tale". I had to go through hell. Walk away from the only place i went to that i was told I could exchange my model to be told i was a liar and that they (the store) could do nothing and that all of it had to be done on the phone.

The one thing i've learned about sprint, they pass the buck. Then, AS they are passing the buck, they are telling you "this is all i can do according to our policy."

I said this to customer retentions after the last phone call before this week (of which I received FOUR phone calls in two days) "for want of a policy, the customer was lost".

THIS should be sprint's new motto.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

lonjam is a n00b

Just left from a repair center ordered another tp1 my luck sucks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro