PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 03:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

richard28 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

I have real issues with my pro and they arnt budging, they still demand it has to fail while they are troubleshooting it. Any suggestions?
Old 10-27-2009, 03:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro and diamond
Carrier: Sprint

har226 is becoming a great contributor

I have not had as many problems with my tp as everyone else here i am extreamly happy with my tp I have had it for about a year with no major problems. the first was the keyboard going out but sprint replaced it with one and it worked better than the one before. second was about a week ago i got the oil screen problem and I took it in today. I was not looking to be replaced with the tp2 but if offered of coarse I would take it. Anyways the tech I talked to replaced my screen in 5 mins and I was out the door in 15. I guess maybe next time for me, but I am still very hapy with my tp and i hope i dont jinx myself.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:16 PM
Already Known

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

my tp is messing up...it freezes during texts...pic mail takes about almost a day to send out...dopped calls...people having to call 3 or 4 ties to get it to ring on my side...smh...i love htc but ever since i had them i have had nothing but problems...anyway the sprint people wont offfer me nothing...they tell me to go to a repair place which is 2 hours away...and im not down to drive that if im paying for insurance...anybody have any suggestions?
Old 10-27-2009, 03:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

mrenz999 is keeping up the good workmrenz999 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookerx3 View Post
Wow that is really crazy. I can't wait to see what the store manager says to you. Keep us posted with this story.
Just a small update. Yesterday I called the Managers phone twice. Today twice. No response from him at all. So I called another local store and asked for a way to contact a regional/district manager. I have asked the other store but no one knows it. So the guy says hang on and the store manager gets on the phone. After explaining what happened he says will you allow me to call that manager and see if I can get this resolved please ? I said sure. This was over an hour ago and still nothing. Also, I called "Randy" at the store and said sorry if you are in trouble for what you did and again explained about the ASST. Manager saying he was going to get fired in front of a full store of customers. He couldn't believe it and says he is going to take care of things on his end and will figure out how to help with my situation. So basically still waiting to see the outcome.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard28 View Post
I have real issues with my pro and they arnt budging, they still demand it has to fail while they are troubleshooting it. Any suggestions?
first link in my sig
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 10-27-2009, 03:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc pro
Carrier: sprint

jdmcivicguy is a n00b

ok. i have gone into several sprint stores with repair centers, with no luck. They say the phone is fine. I have called *2 several times, with no luck. i have used online chat with sprint, no luck. After having to hard reset my phone several times to get it to function(i guess overheating, cause it gets really hot), i took it to a 3rd party repair center. This was the best option yet.... i guess..

They agreed to replace it over the phone. they said come down and we'll have it ready.(tp1) I was excited to get a proper functioning phone, tp1 or 2. So i do the swap, and get a refurbed tp1 and an extra battery. Where the keyboard seperates to slide, the phone has a big gap. When you take off the back cover, they have removed some of the black stickers, and the water indicator is mounted really crooked, and it's all white. Do i dare go back and complain, even though they were the only one's that did help? or do i deal with it in hope that it performs better than the last?
Old 10-27-2009, 03:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment, ZE12.1 kernel & CL14

boiker is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMP0315 View Post
Here is my story.

So I called insurance and they offered me everything but the TP2 for at least 100. Then, they offered a TP which would take 5-7 days...but also for 100. Yes...I have insurance.

I don't know what to do at this point.
If you are under warranty or have TEP, you need to push the issue that the phone is suffering mechanical defects and is not lost, stolen, smashed or water damaged. If your phone is any of the latter, then is is subject to asurion replacement and the $100 deductable. Otherwise, the phone will either be repaired or replaced for no charge.

Contact a different store or call sprint tech support while in the store and make sure the store understands their responsibility in terms of TEP fulfilment.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard28 View Post
Perhaps you can use your phone in a way that makes it fail while you're in there.

My first touch pro overheated when charging. I charged it while driving to the sprint store and handed it to the person within seconds off the charger and explained how charging alone made my phone hotter than a sidewalk in summer.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcivicguy View Post
They agreed to replace it over the phone. they said come down and we'll have it ready.(tp1) I was excited to get a proper functioning phone, tp1 or 2. So i do the swap, and get a refurbed tp1 and an extra battery. Where the keyboard seperates to slide, the phone has a big gap. When you take off the back cover, they have removed some of the black stickers, and the water indicator is mounted really crooked, and it's all white. Do i dare go back and complain, even though they were the only one's that did help? or do i deal with it in hope that it performs better than the last?
The gap and non-flushed mounted buttons are some of the reasons I took my refurb back. The refurb should be considered to be practically the same quality of a NIB phone. Cosmetic issues such as minor scuffs, scratches are usually permitted.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: moto q, titan, touch, 755p, exclaim, TP, TP2
Carrier: SERO

alexm is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to alexm
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

ok just picked up my tp2 what a difference. and they gave me a full nib version with all retail packaging.

good luck to all who are still trying.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro