PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 11:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

bookerx3 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinful1217 View Post
=D> Hell yeahhhhhh! According to the Sprint Rep I just spoke to at a Corporate store. I should be getting a TP2 tomorrow!!! Finally some kind of resolution. I hope they arent jerking me around. Think I shoulda got it on paper?
I do. I was promised a TP2 by a rep over the phone and they even placed the order. Turned out they ordered me another TP and acted like they had no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned th TP2. Later I went into an actual store and they ordered me one and gave me the order form to verify.

Since you went to a store they and spoke to a rep probably ordered you a TP2, but after my experience I will always ask for some type of conformation.

Old 11-13-2009, 11:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Sinful1217 is just getting started

I prolly should've. I did ask him twice tho if he was sure I was going to get the TP2 and he said yes, I personally put the order in for you. He was a sweetheart and I told him before I even went in that if he was able to help me solve my problem (neva mentioned the TP2) that I would buy him dinner. LOL

But yeah according to him I'm gonna get it. If not I will throw the biggest hissy fit in that damn store and everyone will be watching me on the news being carried out by 2 Security workers!
Old 11-13-2009, 11:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sorint

tranz12 is a n00b

My touch pro was overheating badly, and the keyboard broke as well. And then the other day, the screen went out. It was my forth touch pro, so I decided to try to get a different phone.

First, I went to a near by ASC and they declared the phone defective and offered me a few options.. Including the touch pro 2. It showed up Warehouse In-Stock - Yes, but everytime he tried to order it, it would tell him its out of stock. So basically I left the store empty handed.

The next day, I called customer service, which they transferred me to tech support. I talked to them about my problems, and they transferred me to a supervisor. The supervisor told me that the touch pro 2 is an option but is on back order.

After the call, I went to a corporate store. At this point, I needed a replacement phone very badly. They declared the phone defective, and told me that they will get me a touch pro 2 which will be here the next day.

I called today, they said its waiting. Got my tp2.. BNIB.

What I learned.
1. ASCs have less privileges than the corporate store.
2. Different stores have different policies.

What to know
1. Be polite and nice.
2. Sprint DID NOT remove the touch pro 2 off of the WEL list. I've seen it on the computer myself. It's just OOS.
3. Do not ask for a touch pro 2
4. I was offered referbs from ASC and tech, but according to the corporate store, they have a different inventory of BNIB touch pro 2s. I do not know what allowed me to be eligible.
5. I did not ask for a TP2, they offered it all three times.

**I will add things I missed accordingly.

Last edited by tranz12; 11-13-2009 at 11:41 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G and to the curb I kicked, WINMO

shatner is keeping up the good workshatner is keeping up the good work

tried *2 talked to about 4 reps, finally Advance replacement they ordered me ANOTHER TP, I was thankful but dreading another refurb, I didnt want to press the "give me a different model" angle, but was being persistant that TP is the problem, and another phone would be a better option, however my damn TP restarted AS we were ending the ordering process, only reason I know it is coming is the confirmation email. I dont want ANOTHER set of new possible worse problems. I dont know what to do though other than let it show up and see how it performs.

The saga continues.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

tc3jg is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to tc3jg

Yes Im going through the run around with asurion now this is my 4rth or 5th touch pro that I have had cant even keep a count on how may I have had I did lose one and yes that was my fault but that one actually didnt have any issues. SO I called as I am getting this weird thing where my text messages I send a text and it stays in my inbox like its a message im receiving. Anyway I called talked to a guy yesterday and he goes through the whole reset practice the phone works afterwards so he says to me if in 24 hours to 48 hours you experience the same problems call back and we will issue a replacement because you are within a yr warranty from us. He then says and I quote "sprint is not allowing us to issue TP2's as replacement devices for the TP as it is such a new device" ..IM thinking in my head this guy is serious wow he really just told me about the phone like hey yeah we have them but we cant give it to you....SO then he says" but we can offer you the treo pro, htc snap, or the blackberry (dont even remember what one he said because I HATE BLACKBERRY) SO then im thinking in my head ok dude I will talk to a different rep because when this phone ends up screwing up again and what do you know its messing up again so I called today and they are like yeah our systems are down because we are making it better for our customers blah blah im calling first thing in the moring and I will not get off the phone until they issue me a touch pro two or do something to compensate me because this phone is ridiculous.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dkd711 is just getting started

They didn't offer me a TP2 at all, I got offerd a BB, A HTC Snap, and a Treo Pro. I said hell no... SO they were gonna order me another Refurb TP until I asked if I can have a NEW one. He said sure since this was my 5th one this yr.... Hope everything works now that I got a New one instead of the crappy refurbs...
Old 11-14-2009, 02:53 AM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

I think a real factor in this ordeal is what type of store did everyone take it to? I had a problem with the charge jack on my TP a few weeks back, and I took it to a corporate store. The tech offered a replacement, and I asked him nicely "what are my odds of gettting a TP2?".
He then asked me how many times I had brung it in, when I explained this was only my first time, he said "well....I cant give you a TP2 just yet. If you keep having problems with this new TP, bring it in and we can swap you into a TP2"

So it sounds like the corporate stores are giving TP2's but only if you have had repeated issues with yout TP.

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 11-14-2009, 06:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

TP_Cutie24F is a n00b

damn people start a new topic this one is old

If j00 c4n r34d 7h1$, j00 $p3nd w4y 2 much 71m3 0nL1n3
Old 11-14-2009, 05:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

SurfDan5 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooDaddy View Post
I think a real factor in this ordeal is what type of store did everyone take it to? I had a problem with the charge jack on my TP a few weeks back, and I took it to a corporate store. The tech offered a replacement, and I asked him nicely "what are my odds of gettting a TP2?".
He then asked me how many times I had brung it in, when I explained this was only my first time, he said "well....I cant give you a TP2 just yet. If you keep having problems with this new TP, bring it in and we can swap you into a TP2"

So it sounds like the corporate stores are giving TP2's but only if you have had repeated issues with yout TP.

That does not seem to be the case here at my corporate store. I'm in there at least every 2 weeks or less. I've had countless refurbished TP's (8 or more refurbs) and they've also supposedly fixed my phone but still no TP2. All they offer me as a replacement are another refurb TP (they won't give me a new one), HTC Snap, BB Curve and the Treo Pro. Some of you guys are lucky. I've had so many problems with this stupid phone and they won't budge. I'm finished with sprint when my contract ends in about 8 months. So sick of there bull****!
Old 11-14-2009, 06:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment, ZE12.1 kernel & CL14

boiker is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfDan5 View Post
That does not seem to be the case here at my corporate store. I'm in there at least every 2 weeks or less. I've had countless refurbished TP's (8 or more refurbs) and they've also supposedly fixed my phone but still no TP2. All they offer me as a replacement are another refurb TP (they won't give me a new one), HTC Snap, BB Curve and the Treo Pro. Some of you guys are lucky. I've had so many problems with this stupid phone and they won't budge. I'm finished with sprint when my contract ends in about 8 months. So sick of there bull****!
The randomness of everyone's experiences tell me that it is not the type of store, (my experiences were with a 3rd party store) it's the management and the luck of the draw with phone CS.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro