View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 03:01 AM
quattro
Lurker

quattro is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

I can’t believe so many people didn’t know about the sprint replacement game. I have been doing this for years with the treo. Each time a new model came out I went to the store said there was a problem with my current phone and was given the newest model.

The problems that people are running into has to do with inventory and the way they are going about requesting a replacement. If you go to a store that has the TP in stock then you will get a TP. So you have to find a store that is out of stock of the TP but has the TP2 in stock.

The TP is known for having problems. When I bought mine the sales person actually tried to talk me out of buying the phone. So you can say just about anything is wrong with the device.

In a sense it's up to the store and some stores are more replacement friendly then others. However you have to look at the bigger picture, plead your case properly, and remember that you are the customer. I’m not saying I would be an outright prick however being too nice will allow the store to walk over you. If the rep/manager feels that they can sell you on another TP then that’s what you’re going to leave the store with.

Now there are some things you can do to make your case stronger. First and foremost go to the store where you purchased the phone originally. Also before you start complaining about wanting a different device make sure the store you are at has replaced your TP at least once.

After the store has agreed that your device is defective don’t out right ask for a TP2 or at least not at first. Now once again, if the store has a TP in stock that’s what you’re going to get. If the store doesn’t have a TP in stock then they have to abide by the TEP policy which states “Your replacement device will be the same device as your original or a comparable device with similar quality and features.” The store of course is going to offer you blackberry and Palm OS related phones but all you have to do is let the store know that all of your programs are windows based therefore blackberry’s and Palms won’t be compatible with your existing programs because they don’t have similar features and they are cheaper then the TP.

At this point you want to ask for the TP2, the store has already let you know that they don’t have your phone in stock so now it’s a matter of them giving you a comparable device.

Remember to bring up important facts like, when you purchased your TP it was the most expensive phone sprint sold. Make sure they realized that you paid top dollar for your paper weight. Also bring up the fact that the phone model is defective, proven by the fact that you have had your TP replaced multiple times but are still having issues. Make them realize how unacceptable it is that you have to keep coming back to the same store to have your $600 device replaced. And as far as comparable device with similar features, the only option is the TP2. Mainly because the replacement device has to first use windows mobile and the only sprint phone using this OS with similar features is the TP2.
This post has been thanked 3 times.