PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2009, 04:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

solewoman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstone86 View Post
solewoman u on nt too?

born and raised
Old 10-14-2009, 04:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

skeptikal is keeping up the good workskeptikal is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
if that's the case then I'm ranting like a lunatic over nothing. thanks for the info.

I'm getting a tp2 with the $150 credit like literally AS SOON as they allow me to. The idea of waiting when I have cash and others undeservingly getting it immediately without paying for it is going through my head and upsetting me like an idiot.

Sorry for coming off as hostile.

It definitely is out of a different pool chronster. You can buy one right now.

On a side note I think your avatar makes u seem more hostile than u really are. lol
"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. " -- The Books of Bokonon

---------------------------------------------------
Old 10-14-2009, 04:58 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeptikal View Post
On a side note I think your avatar makes u seem more hostile than u really are. lol
LOL! I didn't even think of that! I forgot I had raging Ahnold as my avatar. Too funny

Old 10-14-2009, 05:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

djlilmikeny is just getting started

ive just got off the fone with the sprint rep, and told them what to put on my note when i get a chance, i will go to the sprint store and see what happens...
Old 10-14-2009, 05:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Touch Pro2, EVO 4G

toviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to toviaheli Send a message via MSN to toviaheli Send a message via Yahoo to toviaheli Send a message via Skype™ to toviaheli

I received this a few hours ago from a friend of mine who is usually able to help me out with getting my issues resolved. He works at Sprint HQ at the Executive Level. I am just copying the most pertinent part of the email:

XXXXXXXX@sprint.com

Hi,

Unfortunately I don't have the power to move you into a TP2. Since the phone came out, we've had quite a few people try to "game" us to get into that device, and it is a very costly device to Sprint due to it having a GSM chipset in it as well.

The Book of GOD: Helping Spiritual orphans know God their Father completely!
The New Book by TOV ROSE www.TovRose.com
Get it now on Amazon.com: http://www.createspace.com/3582133
Old 10-14-2009, 05:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 20th Touch Pro

brokestudent12 is becoming a great contributor

It didn't work for me - they literally replaced the entire top of my TP to fix it.

And yes, mines was legitimately f'd up, it kept going from landscape to portrait while closed, and I couldn't use it at all while the keyboard was closed, anytime I wanted to use it I had to slide it open.

So no upgrade for me. They just "fixed" it. I'm sure it will be broken by the end of the day though, that's about how long TPs last.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Hidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHidavi is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibara2003 View Post
You're doing better than most of us. I went in on sat. and they couldn't order a phone.
Odd. The guy scanned in my ESN bar code, took my phone number down and said I had to wait cuz they were back-ordered. He mentioned that four other customers were waiting for theirs too.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

gostars9 is keeping up the good workgostars9 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokestudent12 View Post
It didn't work for me - they literally replaced the entire top of my TP to fix it.

And yes, mines was legitimately f'd up, it kept going from landscape to portrait while closed, and I couldn't use it at all while the keyboard was closed, anytime I wanted to use it I had to slide it open.

So no upgrade for me. They just "fixed" it. I'm sure it will be broken by the end of the day though, that's about how long TPs last.
Mine has the EXACT same problem. If I push anywhere on the screen it rotates from the pressure. Even more annoying is it turns the phone on if it's off, so carrying it my pocket runs the battery down fast. My keyboard also double/triple types some letters when used. I was waiting for someone to report in this thread that there were TP2's in the warehouse before I took it in. I hope they don't fix my phone.. I'd really like a new TP since I DO have multiple issues with my phone.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:01 PM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

For those going to ASCs, go to one that only offers REPLACEMENTS (BY MAIL). Do a search on sprints website for repair centers and it will come up (like my store):

Repair centers near you
1) Sprint Store

This is a ReadyNow store
Sales
Replacements (by mail)

Bill Payment

1.4 miles
Directions
Make an appointment

Stores like these don't have repair centers but are able to replace your phone from anything on the WEL list.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

it helps if you are polite and not start thrusting memo's in peoples faces. if a asc orders one its usually there within 2 buisness days. as they are pulling from a dift inventory.

if you want to get ****y, then maybe you should switch to verizon
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro