PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2009, 11:58 PM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400
Carrier: Sprint

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

so...here's my story (and my wife's) 2 touch pro owners

went in to a sprint repair shop close to my home yesterday, told him my speaker was blown, something inside rattles when the vibrate rings, and showed him a 1/4" crack in the glass screen underneath the plastic cover (no scratches or drops on my phone it just cracked once i dropped it on carpet), the chrome was pristine, he refused to even test it because he said it had "physical damage", so then i showed him my wifes phone (which looks like its been heavily abused) the chrome is all chipped and scratched and theres a big piece of plastic missing where the stylus goes in, she has a dead keyboard, he refused to even test it cuz he says thats "physical damage" and told me my only option was to call assurion. i left that store. drove 30miles to another repair shop, lone employee/technician explained the problems told us to come back in an hour, came back, waited a while looked around the display phones, saw our good ol touch pro there (this store has the plastic toy non functional display phones) and man it was beat up, i could make it chew like a mouth cuz the screen was so loose from the keyboard, anyway he came out said he hadnt got to them yet and give him 30 more min. so we left came back an hour later, waited for him to come back from the back, shows me my phone says he replaced the screen and i see the crack is gone, then i turn the phone on the side and i notice a new BIG chunk of plastic missing above the + volume hardkey, told him that wasnt there and see a dumb look on his face, he said he didnt even look at that peice from the phone he got it from, i looked back and the display toy was taken off the display, i asked if he used that one and he said yes, wtf.....he replaced the cover of my tp with a display screen? god those things are so abused and to top it off i look closer at the earpeice and its filthy with dirt dust and who knows what else it gathered. then he hands me my wifes phone, said he replaced the keyboard and check if it works....nope no keys work, and volume keys still broke, it was past his closing time by then and he asked i come back tomorrow (sunday). i said ok. came back sunday, dropped them off, he knew he mested up, went back an hour later, said he couldnt fix them and has to order us replacements. said we would get new touch pros. i asked new or refurb, he says refurb, then i tell him ive had these phones swapped 4 times for my wife, about 12 for me, if i could switch to another, he said ok, theres a list, touch pro, blackberry curve, or palm pro, i said what about the tp2, he said it was on the list 2 days ago but not anymore...um wtf, i say ok ill just take another tp cuz i need windows mobile and high res blah blah. i leave with 2 broken tps, drive an hour further to the only corporate store that does repairs, wait a few min to be seen. explain i already been to a repair shop and they couldnt fix it, ask if they could fix it there, she turns around and asks tech if they have tp lcds and tp keyboards, tells her no. says they can order a refurb and get it in 2 days, then i told her other store said i could get a tp2 and a few others, if there was anything in stock today i could walk out with cuz i need a working phone by tomorrrow, she says nothing in stock. i tell her i just called and ask if the tp2 was in stock and was told they have a few. she says that is store inventory and cannot give those because they are new and the tp2 from the wel list is a refurb, she shows me the list on the screen and it shows the tp2 but cant click it cuz its backordered...i explain i need all the features same as tp and ask if i can call back tomorrow and the next day to see if tp2 is in stock, she said no problem, gave me her card, gonna start calling everyday now till its back in stock and she said she could order the replacements over the phone 2 new (or refurb) tp2s coming my way once they get back in stock, woohoo but why wouldnt they just pull it from their store inventory, i heard so many stories where people walk in the store with broke phone and manager hands them a BNIB tp2? isnt there a policy somewhere that says they must do this? can someone help me so maybe i can go back in tomorrow morning, point that out and get the phones asap?

Old 11-16-2009, 04:27 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i feel bad for you tommy, but unfortunately, it is up to the store or cs to do this. just don't mention the tp2 or the list. you might have to try several stores.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

snowglyder is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

So here's my (hopefully) successful story...

I took my TP to Corp. repair store because of battery getting hot, and video freezing when scrolling or moving fast. Took an hour, replaced the batt. and hard reset, still overheating, so they ordered me a refurb TP that came in the next day. That one was worse (still overheating, but kb issues), so I took it to a 3rd party Sprint repair shop by my house, and they couldn't fix it so they ordered another refurb TP. Got it the next day, and this one is even worse (raised send/end keys, rattling speaker) so I immediately called Sprint ATS (877-809-6696), the first tech said Sprint was aware of the issues with the phone and are pro-actively replacing with diff models (no mention of TP2), but that they can't do it so I have to go in-store. I told him I've been to the only 2 that do repairs and they haven't mentioned it, but he said they should know. So I called, instead of going in, and they offered Treo Pro, BB, Snap, even the Pre (which I would like except for the build quality and SERO plan change). So I called ATS back and got a good tech that said they were no longer authorized to replace the phones, but asked me what phone I wanted it replaced with. I told him I didn't know (didn't want to mention TP2) so he said go on the site and check them out and he would call back. He actually called back, and I told him TP2, so he said ok and that he would need to talk to 6 people so give him an hour. Almost 3 hours and no call, I called back, talked to 2 people with no help. He ended up calling me back and putting the TP2 on order, said I should have it in a day or 2. Didn't get it day 2, but called Sprint rep and they said should have it by today. Hopefully it comes in...
Old 11-16-2009, 02:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have 2 sprint stores within 4 blocks of my house: a 3rd party repair center, and a corp repair center. I've now decided that I will be stopping in them each and every day and simply saying "I'd like the TP2 for free please." (This worked with Asurion on my Mogul)

This is more a social experiment rather than a ploy for a new phone, because Im one of the few who have had no problems with my TP. But if I get to put people in an awkward situation and possibly come out with a new phone for free, it sounds like a plan to me.

I'll keep you posted on what happens first: me getting a new phone or me getting arrested for harassment.

Old 11-16-2009, 03:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch pro
Carrier: sprint

kampy0jay is a n00b

This is how i received my Touch Pro to begin with, replacing it with my old mogul for free. Would make perfect sense that they would do the same with the touch Pro, but not this soon, they are still making money off it and manufacturing them, no reason for them to give you a newer phone when they still can send you the old. I just checked to make sure and they are still replacing it with the same Touch Pro. Check for yourself, http://www.nextel.com/en/services/se...olutions.shtml
Just go through the steps until it tells you what phone they will replace yours with, if it's the same, u are out of luck.
Old 11-16-2009, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

snowglyder is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampy0jay View Post
This is how i received my Touch Pro to begin with, replacing it with my old mogul for free. Would make perfect sense that they would do the same with the touch Pro, but not this soon, they are still making money off it and manufacturing them, no reason for them to give you a newer phone when they still can send you the old. I just checked to make sure and they are still replacing it with the same Touch Pro. Check for yourself, http://www.nextel.com/en/services/se...olutions.shtml
Just go through the steps until it tells you what phone they will replace yours with, if it's the same, u are out of luck.
I followed it, and it just referred me to a 3rd party repair shop in town. No replacement models listed at all...
Old 11-16-2009, 05:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampy0jay View Post
This form, from what I have seen has been replacing TP1 with TP1 all along, and has NEVER substituted or given you a choice. You are correct that in the past, they used this method to replace Moguls with TP's (that's how I got mine as well) but that was because they were out of stock for Moguls. As soon as the Mogul was back in stock, they replaced Moguls with Moguls. The reason they WERE replacing TPs with TP2s (and a selection of other phones) in stores and in some cases over the phone is because of a pro-active replacement they decided to put in place due to the high service rate on the TP1. That's not something they can program into the self service form. When HTC was unable to keep up with the demand, Sprint was basically forced to remove the TP2 from its list of available phones for this pro-active replacement to avoid a virtual quicksand pit of a backlog.

Again, this is a pro-active replacement. This is something Sprint decided to do to improve the customer experience. HTC didn't tell them to do this, and as far as I know, Sprint is the ONLY provider doing this kind of replacement. AT&T isn't doing it with the Fuze and Verizon isn't doing it with their Touch Pro, and as far as I know, they've all had similar issues. So, all of you who are getting angry and threatening to leave Sprint, just keep that in mind. Verizon and AT&T would probably be content to just keep replacing your device with the same one. As I said before, just be patient. Once HTC is able to catch up to the demand for the TP2, Sprint will most likely add it back to the list of available replacements.

And FYI - No, I don't work for Sprint or am in any way associated with them. I'm just sick of the overinflated sense of self-entitlement I see all around me (not just on this board) of people expecting something for nothing. Sorry, I'll step down off my soap box now
Old 11-16-2009, 05:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC 6700, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2, HTC EVO

Squirrelxss is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Squirrelxss

Well i dropped my phone 2 weeks ago at FLorida/Georgia weekend ( i was at work) and since then my phone hasnt been getting Delayed txt messages, and not recieving most of my calls at all. The only way i know i missed a call is ill get the tone for a voice message. walked in repair center, the girl there didnt even LOOK at my phone, she just handed me a card with assurions info on it. thats sad, chick could have at least looked at it.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift

hansdg1 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelxss View Post
Well i dropped my phone 2 weeks ago at FLorida/Georgia weekend ( i was at work) and since then my phone hasnt been getting Delayed txt messages, and not recieving most of my calls at all. The only way i know i missed a call is ill get the tone for a voice message. walked in repair center, the girl there didnt even LOOK at my phone, she just handed me a card with assurions info on it. thats sad, chick could have at least looked at it.
I had the same thing happen to me earlier in the year. There were like three people standing around not doing anything and all they do for someone who comes in is hand them a stupid card.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:40 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridlar77 View Post
So I wake up this morning and my phone is froze on the home screen wont do a thing so i do a soft reset.. nothing, Hard reset nothing..i go to the Sprint Store and they cant fix it... it just keeps freezing on the home screen so now lost every frickin thing in the phone....Thank god for WMDC.. The Rep felt so bad she gave me a loaner phone until my phone comes in because they didnt have my phone in stock to replace it with and what are they replacing my phone with a 4th Touch Pro offered me a BBY or a SNAP NO THANK YOU Never offered the TP2 so i ask about it all casual and they say that phone isn't on the list for replacement was at one time but hasn't been for awhile now OOS so cant even offer it...don't think it will be back in for awhile ...Did I say I Hate WM about now!!
You say you "Hate WM" so why not take the blackberry that they offered you? Since you "Hate WM" why do you want a TP2?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro