PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2010, 11:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

YourRoyalFlyness is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Is asurion still replacing TP with TP2? I just tried to submit my claim and I got offered a TP. Also is there a waiting period between filing insurance claims for your phone?
Old 04-06-2010, 12:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

rockrerun is just getting started

I thought this thread was called "Sprint replacing Touch Pro..." not "Asurion replacing Touch Pro..."

I just got a Touch Pro2 replacement from my sprint store. Along with the normal bugs, I did one trick to help move the process along:

I found that if you disable 3G in the registry and then perform a hard reset/rom flash, that 3G will still be disabled.

I took it into the store and complained that it wasn't reliable and failed to receive calls (this was true), and I also mentioned that the 3G didn't seem to work. They took it and performed some tests on it (which appeared to be doing a hard reset), then told me that I could choose between a TP2 or the TP1. I of course chose the TP2.

The whole process was extremely easy, they offered me the upgrade without my asking, and I didn't have to go through Asurion and pay the deductible. I got my TP2 within 3 days. All is good!
Old 04-06-2010, 10:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache, 700wx, mogul, touch, touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sidwin is keeping up the good worksidwin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange17 View Post
Kaos,

My claim 7380 but did not mention if it was new or refurbished. (It said a charger will be provided if the phone is different form the original.) You posted a screenshot. Did yours say Touch pro 2 NIB instead of 7380.

sidwin, mrkevbrown, dallas contractor - What did your final screen show - do you know if its new or refurbished.

Cheers
all 3 of mine are brand new in sprint boxes with screen protectors and sim cards with no refurb status. Guess i got lucky.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

latinyoungn is a n00b

i got my tp2 over the phone. they gave me a hard time for a while and i kept calling back. eventually i got a woman willing to help me. she told me she would send me a replacement tp and then i asked if there was a phone i could get instead of the tp since i've had a lot of issues with it. she read from a list of phones and i selected the tp2 since it is worth the most in case i want to sell later. the tp2 is amazing thus far. my tp would last 9am-5pm and my tp2 lasts 9am-1am. i recieve 50-100 emails a day, web surf, text etc. see u all on the dark side!!

btw the tp2 update with 6.5 is pretty solid with a few hacks. so far im gonna stick with it.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:55 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinyoungn View Post
i got my tp2 over the phone. they gave me a hard time for a while and i kept calling back. eventually i got a woman willing to help me. she told me she would send me a replacement tp and then i asked if there was a phone i could get instead of the tp since i've had a lot of issues with it. she read from a list of phones and i selected the tp2 since it is worth the most in case i want to sell later. the tp2 is amazing thus far. my tp would last 9am-5pm and my tp2 lasts 9am-1am. i recieve 50-100 emails a day, web surf, text etc. see u all on the dark side!!

btw the tp2 update with 6.5 is pretty solid with a few hacks. so far im gonna stick with it.
I'm glad you will have fun in the TP2 side. I'm personally close to leave to the android side If you need any help with simple, basic, hard things to do with the TP2 send me a PM
Old 04-07-2010, 03:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

mikep7779 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to mikep7779

Just got my TP2, i went via advanced tech support last week. Sprint repair center messed up my phone. I had to ask for the tp2.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro

aznnluvnit is a n00b

anybody in houston, tx able to switch out a touch pro with a touch pro 2 easily? which location? thanks

Last edited by aznnluvnit; 04-07-2010 at 05:51 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tour

xxbarxx is a n00b
Talking Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

I ususally dont post on here. but ive been an avid reader for years now since i got my mogul. i would just like to tell everyone not to lie just to get a new device. thats not fair to us with legitimate problems. I called sprint today at around 5. requested to speak to tech support right off the bat. spoke with them and i mentioned the keyboard lag and how my keyboard works intermittenly. He stated that was a known issue and would forward me to the escalation department. From there he flagged my account so i just briefly explained the problem to the escalation department. he said he was sorry for my dissatisfaction and could replace it with a few devices. he mentioned the htc snap, samsung intrepid, samsung moment, or touch pro 2. Chose the touch pro 2 , got the confermation email and thats all. whole process took 20min (10min was spent on hold =P)

Thanks for everyones help!
Old 04-08-2010, 01:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

bradtsg is a n00b

I gave my friend my old TP1. If he switch from his current phone to the TP1 which suffers from keyboard issues and locks up occasionally how long should he wait before taking it in for repair/replacement? He said he has insurance already on his plan. I know you can swap the phone online.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:36 AM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradtsg View Post
I gave my friend my old TP1. If he switch from his current phone to the TP1 which suffers from keyboard issues and locks up occasionally how long should he wait before taking it in for repair/replacement? He said he has insurance already on his plan. I know you can swap the phone online.

I don't think it would be long, I activated a ebay bought TP, 2 days later went into the store and had it replaced with another TP first though call on the phone and open up an appointment if you like.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro