View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 01:14 PM
iceturkee
PPCGeeks Regular

iceturkee is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by digida View Post
well, I'll share my experience in hopes that my failure to get a replacement from sprint helps someone else...

First off, I probably should have stated this earlier when asking for advice, but my TP is a used phone that I aquired from a friend. Everything worked perfect on it for him for quite a while and also when I received. I thought I had read on these forums that a lot times people had been able to get a replacement even though the phone was not purchased at through sprint.

Since the closest service center is 30+ miles away are we going though snow storms that are supposed to go into next week, I decided to try calling in to tech support. This is when the craziness started...

The first person I spoke to, after explaining the situation, transferred me to tech support. After taking out the battery and reseting the phone, she concluded the keyboard was broke. She said since I hadn't had the phone 30 days (since I activated) that should could transfer me to another group that could issue me a NIB replacement.

The next person I spoke to (having to repeat all my info and problem like a new call) asked questions and asked if I had purchased it from a store or online. I told her the truth and thats where it broke loose. She explained that since I had purchased it from an individual that Sprint could do nothing for me. I told her that the previous tech support person had said they could do a refurb exchange but was trying to get me a new phone from her group. So back to tech support I go...

This time the previous rep filled in the new tech support person with the situation and upon talking to the new Tech support rep I got the same story. They can't do anything either and that my only option is to file a Asurion claim. I don't even think I could go to a store and try that because the last rep did more typing than talking which I suspect is her filling up my account with notations about this situation.

Well that's where I'm at. I'm probably going to have to pay a deductible with Asurion. I started the claim last night but had to fax in the affidavit. When I started the claim, the TP2 was the replacement phone, but as a poster in another thread has stated, it's not what is offered when the claim is started, but what is offered when the claim is finished. I just hope its still a TP2 when I hear back from Asurion.

i will attest again that i bought my tp (brand new refurb) from a friend who has never sold me anything bad. the tp was bad from the get go. i had the keyboard replaced and two weeks later, the modem crapped out. the rep at the sprint repair store offered (no pleading on my part) to order a tp2 to replace the bad tp if it would go through. it did. i had the tp less than a month.