PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2009, 05:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

raiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on repraiderfan247365 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Touch Pro2 Price match with Verizon

i do like reading everyone's stories about getting what they can out of sprint, because i know people try to put you guys down but if you can get it done more power to you, i used to work VZW customer service for all i could because i hated the company so much (yes i switched to sprint first chance i had). But sadly i am now on an indirect dealer Sprint free and clear plan - 3000 min, unlimt txt, internet, night$wknds all for $20 dollars a month. So i can hardly complain about any money i spend on equipment, i just paid $599 for my TP2, sold my TP1 for $200, and i think im getting a rebate for $100, sooo $300 isn't so bad right???
Old 09-11-2009, 05:09 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

300 is still a good price man... really 350 is even...

these TP2s are built strong, youll see... people paid 300 for TPs, TP2s are better in every way shape or form compared to TP1... i dont care what the specs say... TP2 runs better, looks better, feels better... TP1 is junk IMO now... i still have 3 TPs and im ed really when i use em now, since they fail to compare to the build quality of the TP2...

once my 2nd TP2 gets here, ill buy a HERO when those come out too, then no more TPs for me again..
Old 09-11-2009, 05:29 PM
CyanogenMod
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S IV
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to LilRico Send a message via MSN to LilRico

Quote:
Originally Posted by bast525 View Post
Having been with Verizon for 11 years, and owning a 'gimped' touch pro for a year, and now having just ordered my TP2 for a grand total of $80 (not to mention I should be able to sell my TP1 for at least $200), all I can say is....

WHO'S LAUGHING NOW SUCKAS!!

after all the smack talk about the VZW touch pro, I think it's great that VZW finally rewards us with a better looking device, spec'd the same as everyone else, for way less money than everyone else

I think you Sprint guys are gonna be hearing it for a good long while Hopefully you all man up and take it the same way you dished it out!
Ummm????? Seriously.... If anyone bought your TP for at least $200 tell them I said they're retarded and I hope you feel good for ripping someone off! $150 is the max for that phone and if the person knew it was gimped, $100 at most!

That being said, Verizon had to do something to keep it's Smartphone customers, and this is their 1st move towards that. Sprint has also done a couple of things to re-structure itself. Nothing major, just be happy Verizon is moving forward on the right path..... So far.... Only time will tell......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Their coverage is unmatched and it's always clear. (this is just what I hear. I have no personal experience with them)
ORLY.... You should use a verizon phone 1st. I'll have the Verizon TP2 in hand very soon.... I'll see who's got balls here! LOL!

Last edited by LilRico; 09-11-2009 at 05:35 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

bast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I wasnt bashing Sprint at all when I said who's laughing now. I admit I have been tempted to jump ship from VZW to Sprint a few times, first for the non-gimped touch pro (I eventually bought a Sprint Touch Pro, hacked it to run on VZW, and was so unimpressed that I turned around and re-sold it), then for the Pre (but I love WinMo too much).

But, I have heard too many times how horrible their customer service is. I've been with Verizon for 11 years for two main reasons... fantastic signal coverage, and even more fantastic customer service.

I've been tempted to go to AT&T as well.... not for the crap iphone, but because I like the idea of the SIM and access to all those unlocked Euro phones. But I dont like their pricing, customer service OR coverage after trying them for one month.

FWIW, I personally paid only $80 for my TP2. $180 plus the MIR. But this is because of many hardware issues I had with the TP1, after having it replaced several times, they are allowing me to upgrade early with a very nice discount. Oh and I still get to sell my TP1 for at least $200
Old 09-11-2009, 05:48 PM
CyanogenMod
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S IV
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to LilRico Send a message via MSN to LilRico

Quote:
Originally Posted by bast525 View Post
I wasnt bashing Sprint at all when I said who's laughing now. I admit I have been tempted to jump ship from VZW to Sprint a few times, first for the non-gimped touch pro (I eventually bought a Sprint Touch Pro, hacked it to run on VZW, and was so unimpressed that I turned around and re-sold it), then for the Pre (but I love WinMo too much).

But, I have heard too many times how horrible their customer service is. I've been with Verizon for 11 years for two main reasons... fantastic signal coverage, and even more fantastic customer service.

I've been tempted to go to AT&T as well.... not for the crap iphone, but because I like the idea of the SIM and access to all those unlocked Euro phones. But I dont like their pricing, customer service OR coverage after trying them for one month.

FWIW, I personally paid only $80 for my TP2. $180 plus the MIR. But this is because of many hardware issues I had with the TP1, after having it replaced several times, they are allowing me to upgrade early with a very nice discount. Oh and I still get to sell my TP1 for at least $200
That's great and dandy and I'm happy for you, believe me I am, but call Sprint's Customer service and find out. Before, all you ever got was someone foreign would couldn't help or didn't know what the hell you was trying to do or WTF they were talking about. Recently, I've had to deal with Sprint a lot. 1 to activate my BB for the company I work for, the other to order the TP2, then to activate it, and lastly to change my plan. I couldn't be any happier with the level of service I got. But the real test for me, is picking up a phone and using it, I rather use a AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, etc and see who has a clearer line and who drops out 1st. Being in the Military I travel A LOT, and the only provider that has great coverage in mountains, or the desert around El Paso, in New York, and in a small town in Ohio called Wakeman is Sprint. I always have great coverage where ever I go.... I still have to go to 12 more states to offically have gone all over the U.S. Some people stay in large populated areas, but travel the US, and you'll start to see just how strong your carrier is.

1 thing that no one can touch Verizon is, FIOS! Verizon has the best fiber backbone in the country! Period!
Old 09-11-2009, 07:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker

bast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

LilRico - I have had the opportunity to test Verizons network. I recently drove 2800+miles from Los Angeles CA to Chesapeak VA via highway 40. Much of this drive was out in the middle of nowhere. I NEVER was out of coverage. I was on the phone a lot to help combat the boredom of 12 hour drives. I never dropped a call. I was using GPS when I wasnt talking on the phone. I never lost EV-DO data. I cant even remember the last time I dropped a call.

But you know, it's been said many times before. No carrier is perfect, and where you live or travel could make all the difference in which carrier has the best signal for you. As for Sprints customer service, I have heard that recently they have improved, which I think they need if they are going to stay competitive. Their plans are great, no doubt. Like I said, I'm not here to bash the carrier, I'm just here to laugh at all the guys who laughed when we got a less capable Touch Pro.

And seriously, for everyone who is arguing how much better Sprint is, how much cheaper they are, but then to whine about paying more for the same phone in the same breath.... seriously... wtf.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

WitnessX is just getting started

At the risk of sounding... I dunno, I'm sure something negative. I'm okay with paying the premium for the TP2, since I'm on their SERO 30, and still getting the 25% discount. Sprint needs some dough, so they can stay afloat, and we can continue to enjoy the benefits of SERO. What they oughta do is add an additional $150 incentive for new subscribers to compete with Verizon. IMHO.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Exactly... everyone griping about the higher price, then bragging how much cheaper their plans are... just buck up and pay the extra and stop complaining like someone else point out, you'll save the $150 eventually anyways.

*cough*and still have an uglier phone *cough*

sorry just cant help it
Old 09-11-2009, 07:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X

kraygh is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
Unfortunately, none of those plans will work with the TP2. You have to select from the PDA/Smartphone Nationwide Email & Messaging plans to get comparable features. They start at $99 for 450 minutes and that doesn't include VZ Navigator or Media.
This is not true. There are other options. Or at least, it depends on who you talk to...
I have the family select 1400 plan I share with my wife's line. I assumed I'd need a new plan when I called to order the TP2, but they let me have the phone by just adding data on my line for 29.99.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

tt C6 is keeping up the good worktt C6 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
TP2s are better in every way shape or form compared to TP1.
Ok.
Tell us how the TP2 is better.
It's the SAME device as the TP1 with a bigger screen and keyboard.

You can run the same software on both devices.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2