PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 03:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

starcastic is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Omg newsflash verizon not cdma!!1!111!

So I've been far too busy the last week to deal with "customer Service", plus I thought there might be an outside chance that Best BUy would pick this handset up early in the game as they have in the past, but today I had a few spare minutes so I figure what the heck.

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER. Well, at least the worst since the old days of Sprint. I didnt threaten to walk or anything, just explained the price diff and asked the guy what additional discounts might be available. Keep in mind these are supposed to be Business Premier reps also.

The guy leads off saying theres no way Verizons ks that cheap. I said I'm pretty sure if you just Google "Verizon touch pro 2" that the first damn link is a press release saying its $199. Then the guy argued with me saying that HIS SUPERVISOR said the Verizon handset is cheaper because VERIZON HAS A TDMA NETWORK which is like T-Mobiles and totally sucky and so Sprints handset costs more because its a totally different model, and that all they could really do was thank me for my 13 years of Sprint service by giving me a $50 credit.

At this point I figured there wasn't any point in trying to get concessions from people who dont even understand their own company so I hung up. However, I'd love a reply or a PM from anybody who had better luck through a different channel. Maybe I'll do the Customer Care Email route and see if they're any betetr informed.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:31 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Re: Sprint Touch Pro2 Price match with Verizon

Lol, TDMA. hahah
Old 09-14-2009, 03:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

chuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIP

My opinion and 2 cents...Verizon lost money with the TP1 when customers went and bought Sprint TP's and ported them over. Sprint, this time around, thought they would benefit by upping the price (probably assuming VZW would once again gimp the device) and more money would be made. Just my opinion!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:08 PM
N00b

starcastic is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Lol, TDMA. hahah
Exactly. In the 90s they did, but I doubt thats even what the guy was thinking of. Blah.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramik911 View Post
What sprint should do is make all you guys on your stolen SERO plans switch over to the new plans. Then charge you $350 for a Touch Pro 2, lets see how many jump ship and switch to verizon.
Do I hear the sound of jealousy? I think I do...

I hate to break it to you, but Sprint legitimately offered the SERO plans to the public without needing to know an employee. They did a couple of holiday promotions where they encouraged people to sign up with email addresses like "savings@sprintemi.com" & "holidays@sprintemi.com".

I took them up on one of these promotions near the end of Feb. 2007. They happily signed me up, sent me a PPC-6700, and said nothing about losing money on my $30/500 minute account. It's not my fault if they regret that decision now.

If it makes you feel any better, I paid full price for my TP2 (minus $150 upgrade credit) and even though I have a $100 MIR coming, I paid Sprint a LOT of money for this phone. Do I particularly mind? No. I know I'm getting the best possible deal on my monthly plan, and that I'll make it up within a year or less. (I have additional discounts over & above the normal SERO plan.)

Last edited by SweetBearCub; 09-15-2009 at 12:42 AM.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2

ONFUS is a n00b

I think all these I paid this you paid that stories make for an interesting read. However, what you end up paying for the phone has absolutely nothing to do with what it cost Sprint/VzW/Tmo to get the phone. They are barriers of entry designed to "filter out" the customers they want. Now operators will deal with you to the point that you are a good customer to them. If you are nice to them and you are lucky enough to get an "understanding person" on the phone, things will happen. Keep in mind that they do write about you on the system, so calling multiple times is not going to help unless you are comming up with some strategy. I have been with Sprint for 10 years and while I have had my fights with them, they have been nice to me in the end - service in the stores is awful, so I never go there. I did pay $350 for the TP2 - I wanted the phone, period, but I did get a brand new Tour for the wife for free (1 year into a 2 year contract, Centro died w/o warranty). About plans, I still think Sprint plans are better even more if you qualify for some of their special programs. Verizon's phone TDMA? Not true.

Last edited by ONFUS; 09-21-2009 at 12:20 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:16 PM
N00b

starcastic is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONFUS View Post
Verizon's phone TDMA? Not true.
Yes, we all know this, thats the entire point of my message.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by d33170 View Post
Rep went ahead and knocked off $200 the original price ($599).
Interesting. I was told that retentions reps were specifically forbidden from reducing the price on certain phones, which usually amounts to new/pricey phones. And that included the TP2. Weird how they bent the rules for you.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO

HBBates is a n00b
Re: Omg newsflash verizon not cdma!!1!111!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starcastic View Post
Then the guy argued with me saying that HIS SUPERVISOR said the Verizon handset is cheaper because VERIZON HAS A TDMA NETWORK which is like T-Mobiles and totally sucky and so Sprints handset costs more because its a totally different model, and that all they could really do was thank me for my 13 years of Sprint service by giving me a $50 credit.
I got the same via Ecare...per Ecare
"The HTC Touch Pro 2 handset which is offered by Sprint works on the different technology and have more features as compared to that of the other service provider. So, the price of the HTC Touch Pro 2 which is offered by Sprint is high."

At this point I'm ready to walk on Sprint they become total a---s .. I get no covrage in my home and they don't care.. it seem they now want top doller before they provide top service

Last edited by HBBates; 09-21-2009 at 06:48 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Omg newsflash verizon not cdma!!1!111!

Sprint was willing to work out a pretty good deal for me when I called and upgraded to the Touch Pro 2. I got the usual run around and ended up speaking to the manager in the cancellations. I was not worried as I have done this before with Sprint. They knocked $100.00 off of my bill as a "discount" but explained they could not discount the actual phone itself. So all in all 449.99 upfront -100.00 credit -100.00 MIR = 249.99. Not a bad deal above Verizon and people lets not forget that Verizon likes to lock their GPS on Windows Mobile phone (i.e. Omnia) which will not allow you to use your own program (Garmin Mobile XT) free of monthly charges! Sprint also now has their any mobile anytime feature which is a plus over Verizon. Always speak to cancellations but be willing to speak professionally and politely otherwise you will get NOWHERE!

ALSO - For those complaining of no service in their homes. Speak to Sprint about getting the AirRave. It piggy backs off your home internet router and acts like a mini cell phone tower in your house (essentially working off of the technology of wifi). I bought the AirRave, and the usual price is 4.99/month however they will waive this fee every month if you explain not having service in your home is enough to make you leave. Read above people - You should always be professional about swinging discounts. "You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar...but if you pull off their wings they will eat whatever you give them "

Last edited by chris1683; 09-21-2009 at 07:30 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2