PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2009, 03:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch diamond, touch pro, TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: sprint

rogerp is keeping up the good workrogerp is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Touch Pro2 Price match with Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt C6 View Post
Ok.
Tell us how the TP2 is better.
It's the SAME device as the TP1 with a bigger screen and keyboard.

You can run the same software on both devices.
this phone may seem like the same device but after playing with it for a few days now i will say this phone is pretty damn nice out of the box the screen seems to be the biggest improvement for me its really responsive, and omg whin you type on the slide keyboard omg its heaven all in all it is the same phone but the things i did not like about my pro guess what thats right they fixed them with the tp2 its awesome cant wait to get it unlocked and if these cooks can get this phone to work even better this will be the hottest phone ever!
Old 09-12-2009, 07:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

kevinb13 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to kevinb13

Quote:
Ok.

For me, it's the build quality! The second you pick up this thing it feels so much more solid in your hands than my TP did. With the TP when typing on the software keyboard, the phone would make creaking noises and have a little give to it...not with the TP2.

Also it runs so much more smooth than the TP, it is very quick and responsive. I noticed that it seems to eat up a little more memory than my TP, but somehow uses it more efficiently maybe?

The screen is SOOOOOO nice!!! Such a nice resolution, when viewing the web there is so much more real estate than there was on my TP.

The keyboard...well I don't think i really have to go into detail on that.

Overall I feel that the TP2 is what the TP should have been...but it wasn't. I didn't pay 350, but I feel that if I had I wouldn't be any less impressed by this beautiful phone!
Old 09-12-2009, 09:15 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

When I use my GPS software, if I can see an exit from 5miles away compared to 1 mile away (no zooming) on the Mogul, isnt that a up upgrade?

If I can see 10 versus of bible vs 5 versus on my PDA bible on the Mogul, isnt that an upgrade?
Old 09-12-2009, 09:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

both good upgrades in fact the flush screen would work well on my books in pdf format...there are a lot of reasons for the switch (I used a sprint, alltel, back to sprint, us cellular verizon, back to us cellular, verizon x 9 [total number of refurbs]) so its a huge upgrade from a verizon model and come on
vzw pricing, sexy keyboard I'm just beginning to think vzw lost their mind. The price is right and I like service I can pimp vzw so it works well for me
Old 09-12-2009, 01:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

JackG058 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Ok.

I'd ask you if you've handled the new TP2 at all? World of difference to me, regardless of the inner workings. Even stock, the TP2 has been done so right. I'm not a prior TP1 user, but my nephew has one and I've played around with it some, so I have some experience to compare to. Also as soon as his Oct. 1st anniversary date hits next month he's upgrading immediately to the TP2. This is more than just a screen and keyboard upgrade. This is also about an increase in quality and overall usability.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:45 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Ok.

Where have you been? lol

Every single review I've seen for the TP2 has praised it and said that it has the much needed improvements over the the TP1 in both hardware and software (including operation speed and screen responsiveness)

That...and the 3.5mm jack, dual microphones & noise cancellation, dual speakerphone, tilting display, sturdier hardware construction, etc.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TouchPro2
Carrier: Verizon

ramik911 is just getting started

What sprint should do is make all you guys on your stolen SERO plans switch over to the new plans. Then charge you $350 for a Touch Pro 2, lets see how many jump ship and switch to verizon.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

06MS6 is becoming a great contributor

When did Verizon change their plans? The connect/premium plans never used to (as in I know for sure a couple days ago) cover smartphones, only dumbphones.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:52 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78

Ok, I will jump on my soapbox to give my opinion on the matter. I figured that I would make an attempt on calling Sprint to see if they would be willing to lower the price on the phone. As expected they were not able to offer any other discount than what was given to me. It was worth the try but I would have to say that it still is not that big of a deal on pricing. First off the TP2 was priced only 50 dollars higher than the TP on release. I got an upgrade discount of 75.00 plus the 100 dollar repate which is not too bad. And I would have to aggree that the TP2 was built a heck of alot better than the first. And when you look at the long term benefits of monthly plans, Sprint by far beats the competition(That is if you have an everything plan, which I do) And the fact that Sprint now offers unlimited mobile to mobile to any carrier anytime makes it worth while. So, in closing, I think it is worth a shot for people to call Sprint and ask for a discount, but if you don't get it big deal. Get over it and enjoy the hell out of your new phone till we play this song and dance again when the new latest and greatest is out. And for those that want to complain...go buy an iphone and get raped by AT&T on their service and then you will end up paying more for their plans.

Give some
Old 09-14-2009, 03:01 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramik911 View Post
What sprint should do is make all you guys on your stolen SERO plans switch over to the new plans. Then charge you $350 for a Touch Pro 2, lets see how many jump ship and switch to verizon.
Stolen? I had a friend that worked with Sprint that got me mine.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2