PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2009, 02:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Sprint

msreeks is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Sprint Touch Pro2 Price match with Verizon

I think who ever got their Touch Pro2 (TMobile & Sprint) paid huge price($450 + $100MIR) .Verizon released Touch Pro2 for $199 with instant online rebate, is it possible for us to get for the same price.

Infact mine is Sprint version. I got it as an upgrade to my current SERO $30 for $450 + $100MIR.

What do you guys think, is it worth trying.

Sreeks
Old 09-11-2009, 02:27 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Sprint Touch Pro2 Price match with Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by msreeks View Post
I think who ever got their Touch Pro2 (TMobile & Sprint) paid huge price($450 + $100MIR) .Verizon released Touch Pro2 for $199 with instant online rebate, is it possible for us to get for the same price.

Infact mine is Sprint version. I got it as an upgrade to my current SERO $30 for $450 + $100MIR.

What do you guys think, is it worth trying.

Sreeks
Wouldn't hurt to try... Sometimes it depends on who u talk to
Old 09-11-2009, 02:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

SolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuff

wouldn't hurt, but they will most likely argue the additional price is offset by the cheaper plans Sprint offers. I essentially got mine for free.

$600 -150 upgrade -$100 MIR -$100 (compensation for screwing up my renewal -long story) -$250 (sold- Touch Pro!)
Old 09-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP
Threadstarter

msreeks is a n00b

Wow, Thanks kind of amazing. You got it for free.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

transcend73 is keeping up the good worktranscend73 is keeping up the good work

I spoke with retentions today and tried to get them to do a price match on the TP2 I purchased online on Wednesday. They flat out refused to price match and the best they could do was give me one month free service + 3 landline phone numbers added to my anytime/anywhere service.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

billyapd21 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Sprint will not price match with verizon. I have called 3 times and can not even get them to give me the 100 MIR as a instant rebate. I can't beleive they are charging 150 more than verzion for the same phone. Verizon has the TP for 99 right now!
Old 09-11-2009, 02:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2

billyapd21 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I wish I was out of contract right now because verizon lowered some of there plans and now their phones are cheaper than sprint too. I would so jump ship if I wouldn't have to pay cancelation fees.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

bast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbast525 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Having been with Verizon for 11 years, and owning a 'gimped' touch pro for a year, and now having just ordered my TP2 for a grand total of $80 (not to mention I should be able to sell my TP1 for at least $200), all I can say is....

WHO'S LAUGHING NOW SUCKAS!!

after all the smack talk about the VZW touch pro, I think it's great that VZW finally rewards us with a better looking device, spec'd the same as everyone else, for way less money than everyone else

I think you Sprint guys are gonna be hearing it for a good long while Hopefully you all man up and take it the same way you dished it out!
Old 09-11-2009, 03:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by transcend73 View Post
I spoke with retentions today and tried to get them to do a price match on the TP2 I purchased online on Wednesday. They flat out refused to price match and the best they could do was give me one month free service + 3 landline phone numbers added to my anytime/anywhere service.

thats what they told me about 10 minutes ago as well.

gonna try 1 more time.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:08 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: ME - EVO, WIFE - EVO

lnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bast525 View Post
Having been with Verizon for 11 years, and owning a 'gimped' touch pro for a year, and now having just ordered my TP2 for a grand total of $80 (not to mention I should be able to sell my TP1 for at least $200), all I can say is....

WHO'S LAUGHING NOW SUCKAS!!

after all the smack talk about the VZW touch pro, I think it's great that VZW finally rewards us with a better looking device, spec'd the same as everyone else, for way less money than everyone else

I think you Sprint guys are gonna be hearing it for a good long while Hopefully you all man up and take it the same way you dished it out!
can you say Any Mobile, Anytime??
What about plans that are 30% cheaper than Verizon anyways!!! (not always, apparently verizon lowered their plan pricing.)
Sprint takes the lead...Not to mention the 25% discount I receive.

97.50 for 1500 shared minutes (for landline only)
unlimited data, text, navigation (with traffic), sprint tv, picture mail...
nights and weekends at 7pm
pick 5 for my common used landline numbers
500 bonus minutes
any mobile anytime...

need I go on...

Last edited by lnchbx13; 09-11-2009 at 03:50 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2