PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

billyapd21 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Touch Pro2 Price match with Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bast525 View Post
I think you Sprint guys are gonna be hearing it for a good long while Hopefully you all man up and take it the same way you dished it out!
I can take it. Sprint really dropped the ball on this one. I've always been loyal to sprint and even defended them to verizon users, but I don't agree with their pricing on this one.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:17 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnchbx13 View Post
can you say Any Mobile, Anytime??
What about plans that are 30% cheaper than Verizon anyways!!!
Sprint takes the lead...Not to mention the 25% discount I receive.

97.50 for 1500 shared minutes (for landline only)
unlimited data, text, navigation (with traffic), sprint tv, picture mail...
nights and weekends at 7pm
pick 5 for my common used landline numbers
500 bonus minutes
any mobile anytime...

need I go on...
You have a point...kinda.

Yes, we have the any mobile thingy now, but our plans are not 30% cheaper than Verizon's. Verizon has the same $69.99 Everything Data plan we do, except it does not include navigation or TV, which ours does. To get that, you need to move up to the $79.99 plan, so it's just $10 more. It appears Verizon has revamped their plan pricing in order to compete with Sprint, which I didn't expect they'd ever need to, but they did anyway.

I'm on SERO, so all of this is moot to me, but I guess you can also argue the fact that we have the Premier program as well which allows us to get full handset upgrade pricing every year if we have a $69.99+ plan.

Also, I like getting referral bonuses.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:31 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
You have a point...kinda.

Yes, we have the any mobile thingy now, but our plans are not 30% cheaper than Verizon's. Verizon has the same $69.99 Everything Data plan we do, except it does not include navigation or TV, which ours does. To get that, you need to move up to the $79.99 plan, so it's just $10 more.
That Verizon $69.99 plan is for 450 minutes and Unlimited Data ... but no text. You have to jump to the $99 plan to add unlimited texting. I think that would make it about 30% cheaper.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:45 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatgel View Post
That Verizon $69.99 plan is for 450 minutes and Unlimited Data ... but no text. You have to jump to the $99 plan to add unlimited texting. I think that would make it about 30% cheaper.
I'm pretty sure that's their old crappy plans...here's what they have now:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...ns//individual

Old 09-11-2009, 03:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: ME - EVO, WIFE - EVO

lnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stuff

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that's their old crappy plans...here's what they have now:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...ns//individual
Good call on that one...
Old 09-11-2009, 03:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO

kgnupe2 is keeping up the good workkgnupe2 is keeping up the good work

I was goin to buy the phone untill I spoke with someone on sprint chat on tuesday and they said that the price was speculation with verizon and if it actually priced that way sprint will match but now that sprint refuses to match i am debating the switch big time ive been with sprint for 10 yrs but im not paying 449 then 100 off with a rebate when verizon has it for 299 with 100 off. I too have defended sprint for a long time but this Sh!t is re****ulas
Old 09-11-2009, 03:55 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

they had to bump up the price to 349.99 after rebate because the tp1 is still the same price 299.99 after rebate, how would it look if they had a year old phone and a brand new model at the same price? and we all know sprint dont drop prices much on old phones, i think it reflects on alot of us, we want it, we want the stuff on it that didnt come with the tp1, so they knew this and put a high price tag on it, and we will pay for it..... dang sprint...

but i look at it this way, if the tp1 is 299.99 the 349.99 for the tp2 is only a 50 dollar difference? in my opinion its worth more than the tp1 by alot more, i think they should drop the tp2 to 299.99 and the tp1 to 199.99..

if they dont drop the tp1 price, wouldnt pricing the tp2 the same just be dumb???? thats just my opinion
Old 09-11-2009, 04:01 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
they had to bump up the price to 349.99 after rebate because the tp1 is still the same price 299.99 after rebate, how would it look if they had a year old phone and a brand new model at the same price? and we all know sprint dont drop prices much on old phones, i think it reflects on alot of us, we want it, we want the stuff on it that didnt come with the tp1, so they knew this and put a high price tag on it, and we will pay for it..... dang sprint...

but i look at it this way, if the tp1 is 299.99 the 349.99 for the tp2 is only a 50 dollar difference? in my opinion its worth more than the tp1 by alot more, i think they should drop the tp2 to 299.99 and the tp1 to 199.99..

if they dont drop the tp1 price, wouldnt pricing the tp2 the same just be dumb???? thats just my opinion
Verizon is selling their TP1 for $99.99 now. lol

But yeah, theirs sucks, I know. But still...
Old 09-11-2009, 04:06 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Verizon is selling their TP1 for $99.99 now. lol

But yeah, theirs sucks, I know. But still...
sprint needs to drop their tp1 price as well.... if the tp1 and tp2 were the same price, the tp1 would not sell anymore, or much anyways, so it was either bump the tp2 price up or bump down the tp1 price...... but which do they pick? the dumber move.lol
Old 09-11-2009, 04:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO Google I/O

d33170 is just getting started

I spoke with a Sprint Retentions rep located in Florida. Told him that I was at a Verizon store and was going to have them port my current Sprint line to theirs if they couldn't give me a good offer for the TP2. Rep knew I wasn't eligible for any upgrades until 11/2010 (Used my $150 upgrade last year for the TP1). Rep went ahead and knocked off $200 the original price ($599). Told him that it was still too much and I was going to get the TP2 through Verizon for $199 after MIR. The Rep knocked off $50 more and activation+shipping. Told him I'll take the offer if he assures me that the phone will be shipped overnight. Rep committed to the deal and I took the offer. Once I receive the TP2, I'm going to sell my TP1 for $130 which sums up to:

$599
-$250 Retentions
$349
-$130 TP1
**$219** Before taxes
Shipping &
Activation + Overnight delivery waived

Btw, I have the SERO F&F 500 plan.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2