PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 01:18 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Touch Pro2 Price match with Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramik911 View Post
What sprint should do is make all you guys on your stolen SERO plans switch over to the new plans. Then charge you $350 for a Touch Pro 2, lets see how many jump ship and switch to verizon.
What, why are the SERO plans stolen? Who tinkled in your cheerios?
Old 09-22-2009, 01:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA TP2
Carrier: SPRINT/SERO

yaco is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by themystx2 View Post
I wonder how many of you people tried your whining and crying at other providers and saw how far that got you. The great lot of you are on SERO plans, have been patiently waiting for this phone, and now cry foul because Sprint will not credit equipment the way they used to. You are on a $30 unlimited text/data plan. This plan has been in existence when data usage was NOT that high, where it was financially feasible for Sprint to make the rate plan available. If you don't like the cost of the equipment, LEAVE. You are doing Sprint no favors by hanging around with your $30 rate plan (in some cases DISCOUNTED $30 rate plan) and I bet the great lot of you will eventually just bite the bullet and purchase a secondhand TP2 on eBay or craigslist. Kudos to Sprint for finally putting the lockdown on equipment and standing up for themselves.

Just an FYI, Verizon will have no qualms charging you $199.99 for a TP2, being that they are making $75 more on the monthly charges compared to you SERO Sprint customers. $59.99 for 450 minutes with unlimited text, and the "correct" $44.99 data package. $75 x 24 = 1800 - $250 differential on the device = $1550 more they are making over the length of the contract. Verizon is laughing all the way to the bank.

I have another bit of bad news for you - You SERO customers are NOT getting your mail-in rebate. http://www.nextel.com/en/stores/popu...ls_popup.shtml

I for one, will bite the bullet and hold onto my TP1 and TEP insurance and hope that they will replace my device with a TP2 one day (as they did for Mogul owners to the TP1). I mean, the TP1 isn't even a year old yet! Just quit yer *****ing, seriously.
Dude... yeah... anyone switching the $30 SERO plan for a $100 plan on Verizon just to save the difference is just plain retarded... that's not the idea.

The idea is that we're all customers here... we have the right to ask it for cheaper or for price matching other company. If Sprint decides not to do it then that's their business... but I'm sure going to try all i can! and I'd love to hear if other people are able to get it or not. It's our right as customers... if you don't like to hear people's story then don't read it.

I just think Sprint is missing a great business opportunity here. With cheaper plans, if they had competitive phone prices they would get so many more new users to switch and they'd keep their current customers very happy... and on top of that, I'm betting they'd make more money for selling more phones at a cheaper price.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:48 AM
j_j
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

j_j is keeping up the good workj_j is keeping up the good work

Haha stloen sero plans, like sprint wasn't fully aware that all those people using those "leaked" emails didn't actually know that person. Anyways, the Sprint TP2 is more, but their plans are so much cheaper. Sprint has the best voice and 1x data coverage in America (they roam off most cdma networks including Verizon and US cellular). What makes verizon worth the extra money (depending on where you live and your situation) is 3G coverage. Verizon's 3G coverage is far supperior in America as a whole. Then again in some (few) areas Sprint's is actually better. I'm with Sprint and I'm thinking bout jumping to verizon b/c of the better 3G coverage. What Good is a smartphone without 3G? Then again I would have to pay $60 more a month (not sero but 5 line family plan) for my personal phone. I wouldn't have verizon for my family's dumb phones. Sure Sprint is rolling out 4G first, but Verizon will probably snap it's fingers in the near future and roll out LTE.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: RIP XV6700.... Goodbye XV6850.. Hello XV6875
Carrier: Verizon

Gesani is a n00b

You have to admit in areas that have smaller towns whre sprint absorbed smaller Cell Companies thier coverage lacks. I have been With VZW for many years and my brother is with Sprint and we back and forth a lot. One of the big things that might convince him to go VZW is the cheaper phone prices and the fact Sprint will not Subsidize your upgrade(you pay the unactivated price) if you are on a price plan lower then a $34.99MRC. The only Draw back is that he would have to pay maybe $10 a month more if he gets a plan with unlimited messageing after you add the unlimited date and 300 text messages to his old as dirt $29.99 plan. My VZW plan is $89.99MRC before you add all the extra junk i keep on my plan. Thats the $59.98 450 min select plan with the unlimited messageing and the $29.99 unlimited data+email for PDA/Smartphone package.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC MOGUL 6800
Carrier: SPRINT

psycom is a n00b

I'm surprised at the price difference. Had no idea it was so large! Was just looking around for hacks as I just got mine from Sprint but I'll be calling them on this. I'm a free agent so I can jump ship. I have the Everything plan for 100 bucks. I don't know what that would run under Verizon but I'll be checking.

My Mogul got slow and I needed a phone quick and these came out that day. I like it a lot but it's pricey. Glad I looked this up here. Now I have some ammo to ***** with. it's a legit gripe. I was complaining about the sales tax as no one around had it so I couldn't buy it in a store anyway. Still can't. That was another 50 bucks too!.

Sprints got some things going for them but this is really bad for loyal customers. I did get some price breaks but I could have tow plus of the Verizon's phone so whats the difference in phones anyway. They both do the same thing right?

We'll see what they say now that people have been raising hell. I'm not looking forward to a $550 add on to next months bill. $400 after MIR. I think it was $600. To think I could have 3 of them from Verizon! YIKES.

Wish me luck! If anything good comes of this I'll let you know.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: The Now Network

neopanther is becoming a great contributor

Well, guys I read every post in this forum. I have been with Sprint going on 8 years and they sucked at first. All cell phone carriers did to some extent, but Sprint more than anyone else. Then came the change in who ran the company. Then they improved their customer service. Now anyone still insist they suck? I talked to Account Services and conviced the sweet young lady I spoke with to match the price of Verizon's Pro2. Not only did she do so, but she gave me an additional credit for what we calculated as the difference in tax on 450 and 199. I had two phones billed to my account and my account balance is -19.00. That means a lot to me. Unless Big Red or T-mobile comes up with the same thing I can't see myself leaving Sprint. Patience has truly paid off for me. Yes. They used to suck. I experienced it myself. Now I have to say that Sprint has clearly learned from their mistakes. Who's laughing now? Do you really want to have that conversation? I share 4 lines with family members. We each pay 43.00 a month for virtually unlimited minutes due to Any Mobile Any Time. This is with my 25% discount and insurance on 4 smart phones. There is NEVER anything wrong with paying only 40+ bucks for having virtually everything unlimited. Sprint may be struggling now, but keep your eyes peeled. Everyone else has been awfully quiet since Any Mobile Any Time hit.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Rhodium 500
Carrier: VZ

syntrix is a n00b

Good stuff!

The only thing I really hate about sprint is that there is no coverage a few mins outside of town.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad
Post Re: Sprint Touch Pro2 Price match with Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bast525 View Post
Having been with Verizon for 11 years, and owning a 'gimped' touch pro for a year, and now having just ordered my TP2 for a grand total of $80 (not to mention I should be able to sell my TP1 for at least $200), all I can say is....

WHO'S LAUGHING NOW SUCKAS!!

after all the smack talk about the VZW touch pro, I think it's great that VZW finally rewards us with a better looking device, spec'd the same as everyone else, for way less money than everyone else

I think you Sprint guys are gonna be hearing it for a good long while Hopefully you all man up and take it the same way you dished it out!
still me. sero 500 with 300 bonus min and pick 5 for 35.... saved enough to match ur deal With birthday gifting my touch pro!

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D
Old 10-07-2009, 09:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE

AB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAB33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

After talking 2 sprint reps down to $170 in credits my TP2 came out to $179. TP1 w/battery on the market for $250+ that's +$70. and I keep the cheaper Sprint data plan.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Glad to know they are still price matching.

Will be getting two soon.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2