View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 05:29 PM
SweetBearCub
Regular 'Geeker

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Touch Pro2 Price match with Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramik911 View Post
What sprint should do is make all you guys on your stolen SERO plans switch over to the new plans. Then charge you $350 for a Touch Pro 2, lets see how many jump ship and switch to verizon.
Do I hear the sound of jealousy? I think I do...

I hate to break it to you, but Sprint legitimately offered the SERO plans to the public without needing to know an employee. They did a couple of holiday promotions where they encouraged people to sign up with email addresses like "savings@sprintemi.com" & "holidays@sprintemi.com".

I took them up on one of these promotions near the end of Feb. 2007. They happily signed me up, sent me a PPC-6700, and said nothing about losing money on my $30/500 minute account. It's not my fault if they regret that decision now.

If it makes you feel any better, I paid full price for my TP2 (minus $150 upgrade credit) and even though I have a $100 MIR coming, I paid Sprint a LOT of money for this phone. Do I particularly mind? No. I know I'm getting the best possible deal on my monthly plan, and that I'll make it up within a year or less. (I have additional discounts over & above the normal SERO plan.)

Last edited by SweetBearCub; 09-15-2009 at 12:42 AM.