View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 03:29 PM
starcastic
N00b

starcastic is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Omg newsflash verizon not cdma!!1!111!

So I've been far too busy the last week to deal with "customer Service", plus I thought there might be an outside chance that Best BUy would pick this handset up early in the game as they have in the past, but today I had a few spare minutes so I figure what the heck.

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER. Well, at least the worst since the old days of Sprint. I didnt threaten to walk or anything, just explained the price diff and asked the guy what additional discounts might be available. Keep in mind these are supposed to be Business Premier reps also.

The guy leads off saying theres no way Verizons ks that cheap. I said I'm pretty sure if you just Google "Verizon touch pro 2" that the first damn link is a press release saying its $199. Then the guy argued with me saying that HIS SUPERVISOR said the Verizon handset is cheaper because VERIZON HAS A TDMA NETWORK which is like T-Mobiles and totally sucky and so Sprints handset costs more because its a totally different model, and that all they could really do was thank me for my 13 years of Sprint service by giving me a $50 credit.

At this point I figured there wasn't any point in trying to get concessions from people who dont even understand their own company so I hung up. However, I'd love a reply or a PM from anybody who had better luck through a different channel. Maybe I'll do the Customer Care Email route and see if they're any betetr informed.