View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 05:48 PM
LilRico
CyanogenMod

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to LilRico Send a message via MSN to LilRico
Re: Sprint Touch Pro2 Price match with Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bast525 View Post
I wasnt bashing Sprint at all when I said who's laughing now. I admit I have been tempted to jump ship from VZW to Sprint a few times, first for the non-gimped touch pro (I eventually bought a Sprint Touch Pro, hacked it to run on VZW, and was so unimpressed that I turned around and re-sold it), then for the Pre (but I love WinMo too much).

But, I have heard too many times how horrible their customer service is. I've been with Verizon for 11 years for two main reasons... fantastic signal coverage, and even more fantastic customer service.

I've been tempted to go to AT&T as well.... not for the crap iphone, but because I like the idea of the SIM and access to all those unlocked Euro phones. But I dont like their pricing, customer service OR coverage after trying them for one month.

FWIW, I personally paid only $80 for my TP2. $180 plus the MIR. But this is because of many hardware issues I had with the TP1, after having it replaced several times, they are allowing me to upgrade early with a very nice discount. Oh and I still get to sell my TP1 for at least $200
That's great and dandy and I'm happy for you, believe me I am, but call Sprint's Customer service and find out. Before, all you ever got was someone foreign would couldn't help or didn't know what the hell you was trying to do or WTF they were talking about. Recently, I've had to deal with Sprint a lot. 1 to activate my BB for the company I work for, the other to order the TP2, then to activate it, and lastly to change my plan. I couldn't be any happier with the level of service I got. But the real test for me, is picking up a phone and using it, I rather use a AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, etc and see who has a clearer line and who drops out 1st. Being in the Military I travel A LOT, and the only provider that has great coverage in mountains, or the desert around El Paso, in New York, and in a small town in Ohio called Wakeman is Sprint. I always have great coverage where ever I go.... I still have to go to 12 more states to offically have gone all over the U.S. Some people stay in large populated areas, but travel the US, and you'll start to see just how strong your carrier is.

1 thing that no one can touch Verizon is, FIOS! Verizon has the best fiber backbone in the country! Period!