PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2011, 11:49 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (VZW TP2: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyderr
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
I am watching for the Titan on Verizon as well. The one thing that bugs me about it is the big screen but still 800 x 480 resolution. seems to be kind of a waste of such a big screen. That large of a screen I would think they could up the resolution (would love to see a true 720p resolution but I know that is dreaming).
Least there is something of WP7 I am looking forward to.
So here is to hoping and waiting....all notes I have been able to find is Titan to release on carriers no earlier than October...but again, not list of what carriers it will list on.
I too say an Amazon link to buy the phone ($800+ to outright purchase I believe) but no carrier actually had the phone....not sure why it was listed for sale on Amazon then.
Titan looks cool, but no Card slot and no keyboard scares me... Plus Verizon takes so freaking long to get anything to market... Who knows what they will cripple.

I watched Clash of the Titans yesterday while traveling on my TP 2. There are new phones that still cannot do that. (Did not stream it, all off the storage card)..

Will the Titan have TVOut?
i agree on verizon taking a long time to get anything to market.

I would love to see 4" + screen with wp7 AND physical keyboard....but I am seeing the trend and that trend seems to be the death of physical qwertys.....hope its not true.

I am holding out till I can see the Titan device physically in hand before jumping to it...

Also find it funny the HTC is recycling names.....I remember the Titan WM smartphone....it had a physical keyboard and was the upgrade from the Apache that I still have 2 lying around....

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint/VZ/TM

powinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on reppowinmo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: |ROM|¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |July 4| 21916|29022 * Sense 2021 + flavors

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
pm @powinmo for boost
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcthelight View Post
I will.
Skimming the past few pages for your posts, newmant posted exactly what needs to be done... with a link to the wiki section for Boost. You only mentioned you changed ONE registry entry. I saw no indications you looked at the wiki or other reg settings you changed. The wiki indicates there are 3 items that need to be changed and I supplied a .reg file to handle all three.

I just upgraded another TP2 to Boost and followed my own instructions and put the .reg file in XDA_UC. Sending+Rec MMS work just fine.

I'll quote newmant (big THANKS btw) below as I've helped him in the past for a similar issue:

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmant View Post
You should be able to use this phone on Boost - did you do everything listed in the Wiki page for Boost? - http://wiki.ppcgeeks.com/index.php?t...M#Boost_Mobile - I had the same problem when I first started using custom roms, but I used the reg edit powinmo created and mms works for me, if you have tried his reg edit and your still having trouble I can only suggest making sure you updated you data profile before installing the reg edit.
* Rhodium NRG Energy CDMA ROM Wiki - please read before posting a new question...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

newmant is keeping up the good worknewmant is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

POWINMO - Thanks for noticing I tried my best to help, and thanks again for the reg edit.

Maybe you can give me some more guidance - I've created a boot animation (gif - using fireworks) problem is I notice the animation NRGZ has loaded in the latest ROM is only 86kb, my animation in around 700kb and no matter how much I compress it in fireworks in never gets below 350kb - also when I open NRGZ original animation in fireworks then save it as a gif animation making no changes to it, it ballons in size to 450kb.

If you know what I'm doing wrong or someone who might be able to help me I would really appreciate it.

Also (I've never made a cab file, so I don't know if this step is critical to the process)

I tried PM'ing Teradog and NRGZ with this info, but not sure if they ever got the PM since I just looked into my message sentbox to reference the info I sent them, and it reads 0 messages sent out.

Thanks
Old 09-09-2011, 10:28 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

sorry, just can't remember & don't look into much anymore, or do the legwork... mwalt & straightup prob know off the top...

Unreal game last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GO PACK!

Last edited by teradog; 09-09-2011 at 01:53 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: TELUS

mabbott is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to mabbott Send a message via AIM to mabbott Send a message via MSN to mabbott Send a message via Yahoo to mabbott Send a message via Skype™ to mabbott

Been outta' the loop for a while... no updates since July 4??
Old 09-13-2011, 12:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

KillerKellerjr is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabbott View Post
Been outta' the loop for a while... no updates since July 4??
Microsoft has not done too many updates to WM lately seeing as development is dead and they have moved on to WM7. Plus I believe our ROM Cook has moved on to cooking for Android according to most of his post on twitter. This ROM is for the most part a final version unless there are bugs needing fixed. I for one have been messing with Android CWM on my TP2 and it works way better than WM. I have been testing with Andoid CWM from tiad8, google it.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:43 AM
Road Kill

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

It's been awhile since I flashed my TP2 (I've been running the March 21 version since release). I flashed my TP2 as well as my wife's to the July 4 version. It works great but both phones have a new issue; both of our TP2s will not go into standby on their own most of the time now. Plus they seem to wake up on their own and not go back into standby.

Is there something in the newest ROM that would be keeping the phones awake? I see that there is a feature to keep the WIFI tethering alive. Would that possibly be what is causing it?
Old 09-14-2011, 08:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

SprintUserHTC is a n00b
Screen won't come back on???

Wondering if any of you had the following issue. Once my screen goes off, either by the proximity sensor, timer, or pressing the power button, I can not get the screen to come back on. Everything else works besides the screen, buttons light up, I can answer/redial/hang up calls using the talk and end buttons. I can't get the screen to come back unless I restart the phone. If I switch to Android, I do not have this problem, so I don't believe it's a hardware issue. I've hard reset the phone, task 29'ed, switched back to the Sprint Rom and reloaded energy. Nothing has helped so far. Googling this, it seems other people have experienced this, but I haven't found any answers yet. Are there Phone/Windows files that are unchanged from hard resets? If it helps, this problem started right after a drop where the battery popped out, so I'm assuming some type of file corruption somewhere. Any help is appreciated.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:13 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Nothing specific, but stuff to try for last few posts... what I do...

Using windows file manager or Total Commander (my favorite), rename your \windows\startup dir & reboot. (don't run any crap), try it for a few hours..

At the same time, pull your SD chip out. ... yep, some of your stuff won't work... but I'd start the testing this way...

... then

Try again

All y'all please follow http://wiki.ppcgeeks.com/index.php?t...ms_with_ROM.3F to the tee

FOR AT LEAST 24 HOURS
DO NOT LOAD ANY APPS ON NEW ROM FOR A DAY
DO NOT RESTORE ANYTHING
DO NOT RUN SASHIMI OR XDA-UC

Load an older ROM & see if same issues, reload current one... etc..
Run very few cabs!
You'll find a link to "Paperclip"

Seach for your answer here:
http://wiki.ppcgeeks.com/index.php?t...nergy_CDMA_ROM

Good luck
Old 09-15-2011, 05:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: TELUS

mabbott is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to mabbott Send a message via AIM to mabbott Send a message via MSN to mabbott Send a message via Yahoo to mabbott Send a message via Skype™ to mabbott

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKellerjr View Post
Microsoft has not done too many updates to WM lately seeing as development is dead and they have moved on to WM7. Plus I believe our ROM Cook has moved on to cooking for Android according to most of his post on twitter. This ROM is for the most part a final version unless there are bugs needing fixed. I for one have been messing with Android CWM on my TP2 and it works way better than WM. I have been testing with Andoid CWM from tiad8, google it.
Sadness; however, excellent on the CWM! I will check it out this week!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development