PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2011, 04:22 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Mar 15| 21916|29017 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by swlaraut View Post
In the crawler at the top of the page is a link to this article:

PPCGeeks.com » AT&T finally catching on to unauthorized tethering – Busted!

Are we going to have to worry about this on winmo phones and other carriers?
Well from what I read on this earlier today there is two things in question,

1) are they spying on people to know if they are truly tethering or

2) are they guessing that people are tethering based on how much data they are using compared to how much they have used in the past and trying to scare a person into either signing up for the tethering plan or scare them into stopping.

Personally I wouldn't use tethering as my only internet option, for one I use a lot of bandwith and download a lot of things so that's why I keep a high speed internet connection at home and only use tethering for times when I'm someplace when I can't / won't pay for internet service.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Mar 15| 21916|29017 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
Well from what I read on this earlier today there is two things in question,

1) are they spying on people to know if they are truly tethering or

2) are they guessing that people are tethering based on how much data they are using compared to how much they have used in the past and trying to scare a person into either signing up for the tethering plan or scare them into stopping.

Personally I wouldn't use tethering as my only internet option, for one I use a lot of bandwith and download a lot of things so that's why I keep a high speed internet connection at home and only use tethering for times when I'm someplace when I can't / won't pay for internet service.
+1

Was wondering the same thing on how they are actually telling if someone is tethering.

I would not be able to cut the cord at home and use only tethering. I download a lot during the day while at work and stream audio content from locally stored MP3's. Too much bandwidth would be used and I am sure I use more than 5gb per month......since VZW's nice 'unlimited' cap is at 5gb per month....

Did use phone tethered to a router and shared to other pc's at home when wired connection was down. problem was I left it on over night and left a torrent going all night.....got a note from VZW about the overage and was a first warning.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th

Last edited by PPCFreak; 03-21-2011 at 05:30 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Havent been on here in ages! How is everyone doin & hows the ROM lately? Im just droppin in to say goodbye to my TP2 EnergyROM addicts... My TP2 has finally broken on me (screen stopped responding) after 16 months of pleasure... VZW is replacing it with an Imagio which Im not happy about at all!!! Thank GOD NRG makes ROMs for the Imagio... Anywho hope all is well with everyone & yall take care!

Last edited by DatBoiDame; 03-21-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: Sprint

RangerPretzel is a n00b
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Mar 8| 21916|29008 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyderr View Post
I use the BTAG application. I prefer the audio over speaker as well. But some people don't. It used to default to speaker, but somewhere during the months of cooking, someone changed the receipe. Just search for BTAG.
So I first search the PPCGeeks forum for BTAG, but didn't come up with anything significant (other than this post.) I tried Google, but couldn't find anything relevant.

Can someone point me to a site? My Google-fu is apparently pretty weak today...

(For anyone reading this, my problem is that the ring-tone comes over my BT headset, not my speaker and I don't know how to change this.)
Old 03-21-2011, 08:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TouchPro2

pcmanager is becoming a great contributor
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Mar 8| 21916|29008 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerPretzel View Post
So I first search the PPCGeeks forum for BTAG, but didn't come up with anything significant (other than this post.) I tried Google, but couldn't find anything relevant.

Can someone point me to a site? My Google-fu is apparently pretty weak today...

(For anyone reading this, my problem is that the ring-tone comes over my BT headset, not my speaker and I don't know how to change this.)
program was made, posted by Longview, search his posts and you will find more info. I ran program and hit disable, be sure to reboot phone to hear it work.
EDIT: Look here for updated cab. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/2006296-post28872.html

Last edited by pcmanager; 03-31-2011 at 09:06 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Comstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuff

Hmmm . I saw a tweet on the 12th that there were so many people that downloaded CHT 1.8.5 ROM's that NRG was going to make some more. I was on a cruise all last week did I miss any?
Old 03-21-2011, 08:58 PM
Android Soldier

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
Havent been on here in ages! How is everyone doin & hows the ROM lately? Im just droppin in to say goodbye to my TP2 EnergyROM addicts... My TP2 has finally broken on me (screen stopped responding) after 16 months of pleasure... VZW is replacing it with an Imagio which Im not happy about at all!!! Thank GOD NRG makes ROMs for the Imagio... Anywho hope all is well with everyone & yall take care!

What's up bro, speaking for myself things are pretty good, roms doing well plus the great support as always around here. Are you serious they are replacing your TP2 for an Imagio, I would complain and not accept that, tell them that you bought the TP2 because you go overseas and you need a world phone, do not accept that crap, that's going a step back not forward, tell them if they don't have any in stock that you will accept a loaner until they get one in, that makes me mad just hearing about it and it's not even my phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
What's up bro, speaking for myself things are pretty good, roms doing well plus the great support as always around here. Are you serious they are replacing your TP2 for an Imagio, I would complain and not accept that, tell them that you bought the TP2 because you go overseas and you need a world phone, do not accept that crap, that's going a step back not forward, tell them if they don't have any in stock that you will accept a loaner until they get one in, that makes me mad just hearing about it and it's not even my phone.
Glad to hear things are goin good for u bro! Hows the Evo? Is it really as good as what Ive heard?
I told them I didnt want the Imagio & I honestly made a big stink about it but gettin another phone would delay the process of gettin a new one to me immediately. They offered free overnight delivery (phone will be here tomorrow and sometime next week for a manager approved better replacement) and accessories so I took that deal because this phone only has to last me 2-3 months then Im up for an upgrade. I was and am highly pissed and they know it! This situation alone is really gettin me thinkin... Leave VZW? Sprint is lookin real attractive right now with that HTC Arrive out
Old 03-22-2011, 12:07 AM
Android Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
Glad to hear things are goin good for u bro! Hows the Evo? Is it really as good as what Ive heard?
I told them I didnt want the Imagio & I honestly made a big stink about it but gettin another phone would delay the process of gettin a new one to me immediately. They offered free overnight delivery (phone will be here tomorrow and sometime next week for a manager approved better replacement) and accessories so I took that deal because this phone only has to last me 2-3 months then Im up for an upgrade. I was and am highly pissed and they know it! This situation alone is really gettin me thinkin... Leave VZW? Sprint is lookin real attractive right now with that HTC Arrive out
The Evo is doing pretty damn good, we all know that no matter what we have something better is going to come out, just the evolution of things, but it has had a long reign on top, just about a year now, although I have only had mine since late December but honestly it's the best phone I have ever owned to date but I still have love for the TP2.

Well as long as your satisfied with the deal that's all that counts, just hate to see these companies that are already making lots of money take advantage of us. I tell you there are lots of changes coming, some good and some bad but I'm sure most are aware of them, if not then visit the front page and read some of the news articles and see what's coming down the pipe.

Anyways, good to see you and glad to hear that you are sticking with NRG no matter what phone you have, see ya around bro.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:20 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

Veezy is becoming a great contributor

NRG, the last 1.8.5 cookie rom you made was amazing. I recently upgraded to the 3/15 29xxx rom and the response time is drastically different than the older rom. I don't care what theme you use, please keep one of the 6.5.x roms with cookie 1.8.5.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development