PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2010, 05:03 PM
WFG
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rooted HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

WFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Dec 1| 21916|23149 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
hey guys, i have a question about xda_uc. im really liking this feature and i have it set up to install all my cabs, setup my emails, contacts install a few reg entries and a few other things. but for the life of me, i cant get it to copy files from the xda_uc folder to different directories on my phone. i have files i need to copy to windows, program files, etc but i cant figure out how to make it copy the files automatically.

i have searched but all the searching has only confused me lol.

this is what i tried, although it didnt work... i created folders the same way i wanted them to copy to the device and placed them in a folder named "copy2root".
example: xda_uc\copy2root\windows\ and placed files i wanted copied to the windows folder inside. i did this for other folders as well. that did not work... what am i doing wrong?
put this in your xda_uc folder and you'll be all set for copying those files to your device
Attached Files
File Type: mscr copy.mscr (112 Bytes, 44 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (VZW TP2: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Quote:
Originally Posted by friedmjb
I have a Verizon TP2. Out of curiousity, what the heck is a PRL anyhow?
carriers Prefeered Roaming List.

This allows the phone to roam to different cell towers as long as they are in thr PRL file.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Re: |RHODIUM CDMA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Dec 1| 21916|23149 * Sense 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
Notice a improvement?
like was said it doesn't give you any real improvements besides picking up new towers that we can use so to my knowledge you won't/shouldn't see any difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by friedmjb View Post
I have a Verizon TP2. Out of curiousity, what the heck is a PRL anyhow?
like what was stated below it's just an updated roaming list so it updates the towers that are available, i think for verizon you do a *228 and then you can update yours, been a while since i had verizon but that's what we used to have to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post
Wirelessly posted (VZW TP2: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

carriers Prefeered Roaming List.

This allows the phone to roam to different cell towers as long as they are in thr PRL file.
correct, thanks for answering that, i'm at work and sometimes work gets in the way of me being on the thread, damn job lol.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

IIVisionII is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIVisionII View Post
I'm about to switch and try the new 23149 Sensity rom, but just had one question. On the compact start menu on my current rom (21916 dinik) the compact start menu will show a tiny arrow on the bottom that says "more" if there are too many items, where the tiny arrow will just show more of the list. My friend has the newer 6.5x sensity rom and his compact start menu has a little scrolling feature in addition to the little arrows (IE. you must scroll up or down sometimes to get to the button to click to get more of the list to show). Is there any way to get rid of this scrolling and just go back to the normal tiny arrows?

I'll try to get a pic and attach it.
Screenshot 1 = How i want it
Screenshot 2 = How it is with new rom (see circled areas for new arrows)
- scrolling down gives the same "more" option even in screen 2
I'm guessing noone knowsh ow to get rid of the little arrows?
Old 12-02-2010, 08:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon, HTC Trophy, Windows 7.5

Clem2 is becoming a great contributor

Does any one know of a way to lose the HTC SMS message client, and only use the stock WM sms client?

I would like the sms screen in sense to pull up the text message in the WM client.

This seems to be a very diffucult task.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFG View Post
put this in your xda_uc folder and you'll be all set for copying those files to your device
wow thanks and thanks given! that worked great! now xda_uc installs everything for me i flash a new rom everytime energy drops one and its so sweet that it installs everything down to my settings, emails, and files i need copied. can i get any better?

Last edited by puff601; 12-02-2010 at 09:15 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Longview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLongview is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [Solved] Ringtone routed to bluetooth headphone only

Quote:
Originally Posted by aalim View Post
AT LAST found a solution for the problem of mute ringtone from phone speaker when bluetooth handsfree is connected and the ringtone is only heard through headset so i got to miss alot of calls while driving as l dont put headset in my ear all the time.
searching the forums and google for days lead me to a registry entry to disable A2DP to bluetooth:
All credit goes to FENUX from XDA forums who first posted this

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WIDCOMM\Plugin\HandsFr ee]"SupportedFeatures"=dword:000005EF (1519)
This way is enabled and just set to "0" and the A2DP is disabled

and there are further settings from Fenux post in XDA:
0x001 - Three-way calling
0x002 - EC and/or NR function
0x004 - Voice recognition function
0x008 - In-band ring tone capability (this is the relevant one)
0x010 - Attach a number to a voice tag
0x020 - Ability to reject a call
0x040 - Enhanced call status
0x080 - Enhanced call control (I also enabled this one, but I haven't verified it's actually working yet)
0x100 - Extended error result codes

and the original HFP 1.5 codes from bluetooth.com
http://bluetooth.com/SiteCollectionD...PEC_V10r01.pdf

if somebody can write a program to modify these settings it would be great

Hope I could have helped someone

best of luck
Here is your app.
Took me just a couple minutes to throw together, so it isn't professional looking.
It is just a stand alone app (inside a zip - had to zip to upload), so let me know if anyone needs it CAB'd up, otherwise just save it on your Storage Card and run it whenever you want - no need to install.
Please hit thanks or let me know if it needs something else.

BTAG = BlueTooth Audio Gateway
Attached Files
File Type: zip BTAG.zip (50.3 KB, 52 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Longview; 03-28-2011 at 09:56 AM. Reason: made changes to application - fixed "Disable" option
This post has been thanked 11 times.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc 6900 > HTC TP2>Samsung Galaxy
Carrier: Metro PCS

pl0323 is keeping up the good workpl0323 is keeping up the good work
Re: [Solved] Ringtone routed to bluetooth headphone only

Quote:
Originally Posted by aalim View Post
AT LAST found a solution for the problem of mute ringtone from phone speaker when bluetooth handsfree is connected and the ringtone is only heard through headset so i got to miss alot of calls while driving as l dont put headset in my ear all the time.
searching the forums and google for days lead me to a registry entry to disable A2DP to bluetooth:
All credit goes to FENUX from XDA forums who first posted this

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WIDCOMM\Plugin\HandsFr ee]"SupportedFeatures"=dword:000005EF (1519)
This way is enabled and just set to "0" and the A2DP is disabled

and there are further settings from Fenux post in XDA:
0x001 - Three-way calling
0x002 - EC and/or NR function
0x004 - Voice recognition function
0x008 - In-band ring tone capability (this is the relevant one)
0x010 - Attach a number to a voice tag
0x020 - Ability to reject a call
0x040 - Enhanced call status
0x080 - Enhanced call control (I also enabled this one, but I haven't verified it's actually working yet)
0x100 - Extended error result codes

and the original HFP 1.5 codes from bluetooth.com
http://bluetooth.com/SiteCollectionD...PEC_V10r01.pdf

if somebody can write a program to modify these settings it would be great

Hope I could have helped someone

best of luck
Please post the XDA link, thanks
Old 12-02-2010, 11:04 PM
WFG
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rooted HTC EVO

WFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
wow thanks and thanks given! that worked great! now xda_uc installs everything for me i flash a new rom everytime energy drops one and its so sweet that it installs everything down to my settings, emails, and files i need copied. can i get any better?
put this file in the xda_uc folder to delete files... edit with notepad or change extension to .txt and edit from your device. i use it to delete shortcuts in startmenu & use the copy.mscr to place them in folders....
Old 12-02-2010, 11:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TouchPro2

pcmanager is becoming a great contributor

Thanks Longview, and aalim the other poster that found the settings to fix the muted phone ringer while headset bluetooth connected. I was missing a few calls because of this issue. I ran your program, didnt change any of the checks, saved and exit! Now my phone sings loud on incoming calls again. Thanks

Last edited by pcmanager; 12-02-2010 at 11:55 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development