PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2010, 12:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Achristocat is keeping up the good workAchristocat is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 25| 21914|23678 * Sense 2018

SO that last message was SUPPOSED to have a file attached....

Again, Good luck and have Fun

SprintTP2 - NRGAug25 (gonna try the OC!)
Attached Files
File Type: zip ExportMailSettings.zip (95.5 KB, 71 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:18 PM
N00b

supernoman is a n00b
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 25| 21914|23678 * Sense 2018

Anyone have their lock screen email count get stuck? It's happened to me on the last few 23xxx dinik builds. It works for a while, the BAM! Stuck. I'm using the default lock screen and not the CHT one. I have no unread emails and it's syncd but lock screen still says 6. I tried removing my Exchange account and resyncing but it still is stuck at 6.

BTW, I switched to the CHT lockscreen and the count it correct.

Last edited by supernoman; 08-27-2010 at 01:27 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:49 PM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
i was using the 22nd 23xxx rom and not having any of those issues, as a matter of fact i haven't heard of anyone else having those issues either. I have no idea about some of those cabs you installed, but my suggestion is that even though you have used them in the past with no problems something in the rom could have been changed that's making the cabs and the rom conflict, so my advise is to uninstall all those cabs and start fresh and then add them one at a time and see which one is causing the issue, that's the best advice i can give.
I tried running the rom with no cabs installed back when i was using the Aug 22 or 23 23XXX CHT Dinik Glass rom. I was having the temporary screen freezing issue so after a hard-reset with no cabs installed and no settings changed in Advance Configurator i ran the rom for a couple days as-is and still had the same freezing issue. But ive been using the Aug 25 23678 CHT Dinik Glass rom and have only had the issue a few times so far. Not nearly as much as i was the screen freezing or screen sticking problem on the previous 2 releases, but it does still happen every now and then. Ive noticed that it sometimes happens after a phone call also. It pauses after i hang up and then doesnt go directly back to the previous screen, it also freezes on the call screen and once even went to an all black screen like the SOD but changed back to normal after about 10-15 seconds. So i know its not the cabs i have installed and im not OCing this rom so that cant be it either. I think that it might be a setting in Advance Configurator that might not be acting well with either my device or maybe because im on the oddball Cricket Carrier Network?But no other rom has given me this issue in the past, so i cant imagine its the carrier. Advance Config. has given me problems i the past if some of the settings are out of whack. I went thru them and disabled Video Calling,Changed the scrollbars so they have a top and bottom and not just the scrollbar itself, disabled the HTC logo, and thats all. The Aug 25th release has almost solved the issue for me but it does still happen once or twice a day, but it is happening less and doesnt freeze or hang for as long anymore either. So if it keeps getting better with each release then it should be solved in the next couple releases, i hope. Also before i flash i change NRGZ pagepool from 22 to 12, for better memory, and i perform a Task 29 before each flash, then i flash the rom i want to use, with no XDA auto-install, and let the rom finish setup,and then i insert the sdcard i use for XDA_UC,if i use XDA,and then perform a hard reset and let XDA install this time,again if i use XDA,and thats it. And this screen freezing or screen sticking has happened to me on the last 3 NRG rom 23XXX CHT Dinik Glass releases. But the Aug 25 release is a major leap in the right direction. on the Aug 25 release its only happened a cpl times, and it seems to be getting better with each new release. I love the rom so i hope this issue does go away or i manage to find a solution.If its ever happened to anyone else please let me know. Its not a major problem but it is a nuissance so some people might not have even mentioned it because it doesnt happen all the time. Again i love the 23XXX CHT Dinik Glass roms. They look absolutely amazing and after my special touches with CHT Editor it looks absolutely incredible.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Deltatristar500 is keeping up the good workDeltatristar500 is keeping up the good work

Seems with bluetooth it takes up to almost 10 seconds from the time I press the button on my jawbone2 to hang the call, to when the phone actually hangs the call. dont know if the other person just hangup first and the phone hung the call, or it just takes that long now for the device to hang a call. Hope NRG really reverts back to when the Bluetooth stack was working better. I use the bluetooth alot at work and on the road.

I guess how many folks are having issue and how many are able to answer and hangup quickly with their devices?

Found this topic with a cab, have not tried it however:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90155

Last edited by Deltatristar500; 08-27-2010 at 03:16 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:23 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltatristar500 View Post
question is the cab called
NRG.ROM.Sprint.MMS.Settings-Boushh.cab
the same as the Arcsoft picture mail cabs?
no they are different cabs, the Boush cab installs the settings for your data, mms, sms and stuff like that and arcsoft installs a version of a mms program.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Treo 650 > Palm Treo 755p > HTC TP2 > Android
Carrier: T-Mobile

akeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularakeaw3000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achristocat View Post
Currently using ExportMailSettings.exe. Get all your settings, domains, etc setup EXACTLY how you want them on your phone, connect your phone to USB, run the extracted RapiConfig.exe from within Windows and it'll make a cab with ALL your settings for all accounts except for passwords (except for Outlook sync which is somewhat automatic if you are not directly syncing w/ an Exchange server..._)...
Can you write the step-by-step instructions on how to use ExportMailSettings.exe? It's not working for me. Do you run RapiConfig.exe from the PC or the Windows folder on the handset? And where is the resulting cab stored? Thanks alot!

Last edited by akeaw3000; 02-19-2011 at 07:07 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:30 PM
Android Soldier

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Coach View Post
I haven't signed up yet since my "trial" hasn't "expired". I don't see anything on the SD card that would reference to a previous install and I 29 my phone every time that I flash so I'm not really sure when my "trial" will run out.
yeah I'm curious to know if it is going to expire also or if the trial starts over each new rom we flash, i wish it was a program that you could just pay for once instead of $2 a month, either way i'll use it as long as it's free.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:37 PM
Android Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbcary View Post
I tried running the rom with no cabs installed back when i was using the Aug 22 or 23 23XXX CHT Dinik Glass rom. I was having the temporary screen freezing issue so after a hard-reset with no cabs installed and no settings changed in Advance Configurator i ran the rom for a couple days as-is and still had the same freezing issue. But ive been using the Aug 25 23678 CHT Dinik Glass rom and have only had the issue a few times so far. Not nearly as much as i was the screen freezing or screen sticking problem on the previous 2 releases, but it does still happen every now and then. Ive noticed that it sometimes happens after a phone call also. It pauses after i hang up and then doesnt go directly back to the previous screen, it also freezes on the call screen and once even went to an all black screen like the SOD but changed back to normal after about 10-15 seconds. So i know its not the cabs i have installed and im not OCing this rom so that cant be it either. I think that it might be a setting in Advance Configurator that might not be acting well with either my device or maybe because im on the oddball Cricket Carrier Network?But no other rom has given me this issue in the past, so i cant imagine its the carrier. Advance Config. has given me problems i the past if some of the settings are out of whack. I went thru them and disabled Video Calling,Changed the scrollbars so they have a top and bottom and not just the scrollbar itself, disabled the HTC logo, and thats all. The Aug 25th release has almost solved the issue for me but it does still happen once or twice a day, but it is happening less and doesnt freeze or hang for as long anymore either. So if it keeps getting better with each release then it should be solved in the next couple releases, i hope. Also before i flash i change NRGZ pagepool from 22 to 12, for better memory, and i perform a Task 29 before each flash, then i flash the rom i want to use, with no XDA auto-install, and let the rom finish setup,and then i insert the sdcard i use for XDA_UC,if i use XDA,and then perform a hard reset and let XDA install this time,again if i use XDA,and thats it. And this screen freezing or screen sticking has happened to me on the last 3 NRG rom 23XXX CHT Dinik Glass releases. But the Aug 25 release is a major leap in the right direction. on the Aug 25 release its only happened a cpl times, and it seems to be getting better with each new release. I love the rom so i hope this issue does go away or i manage to find a solution.If its ever happened to anyone else please let me know. Its not a major problem but it is a nuissance so some people might not have even mentioned it because it doesnt happen all the time. Again i love the 23XXX CHT Dinik Glass roms. They look absolutely amazing and after my special touches with CHT Editor it looks absolutely incredible.
well bro I'm sorry to hear you are having issues and really don't know what the issues are since i nor anyone else has said anything about them and what they have done to correct them, i guess the only real way of knowing if it's a cricket/rom issue is if you can find another cricket user to verify the issues that you are having and if not then something could be wrong with your phone that's making it not play nice with the rom.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:42 PM
Android Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeaw3000 View Post
Can you write the step-by-step instructions on how to use ExportMailSettings.exe? It's not working for me. Do you run RapiConfig.exe from the PC or the Windows folder on the handset? And where is the resulting cab stored? Thanks alot!
i would say with it being an .exe file you should activesync your phone with the computer and then run that rapiconfig file.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:53 PM
N00b

Achristocat is keeping up the good workAchristocat is keeping up the good work

Using ExportMailSettings.zip

1) Extract the zip to a folder on your PC. It should set up a folder called ExportMmailSettings.
2) Get Every Single Setting for all mail accounts set just the way you want on your TP2.
3) Connect your phone to the PC - USB
4) Run the RunConfig.bat in the ExportMmailSettings folder
5) It Should create a file called MyMail.cab in the ExportMailSettings folder.
6) Copy the MyMail.cab to somewhere on your sd card where you will know where to find it after you flash / modify / etc.
7) Install the cab.
Option A - Go to each account and add password.
9) Option B - do other stuff to your phone and when WinMo tries to download email, each account will prompt you for a password.

That's it!

I have found this to be..not easier than XDA_UC but...about the only things I really want to automate are my email accounts, so...

Works for Me!

Good luck!!!
This post has been thanked 5 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development