PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2010, 04:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

blackangst is keeping up the good workblackangst is keeping up the good workblackangst is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 25| 21914|23678 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltatristar500
Why when I enter a name for a new SMS mesasge, the name comes up under the line, however you cant determin weather the numbers are mobile, work, home...its just a phone icon and the number. Would be nice to have something like to choose from.

Smith, John
(M) 555-555-5555
Smith, John
(H) 555-555-5555
Smith, John
(W) 555-555-5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame
I second that

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
I *think* by default it goes to the last number dialed. Gonna give it a try.

David

EDIT: I just tried it and when I pull up both the WM SMS and the HTC SMS and start typing my wifes name it pops up a list of her numbers. In my case, her mobile number is first (probably becasue I never call her - just text).
Ditto for me. I type in a name and it always lists mobile number first, regardless of last number dialed.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

The Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regularThe Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regularThe Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regularThe Coach is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 25| 21914|23678 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
ahhhh an idle mind is a dangerous mind. Needed something to do this morning so I flashed 8/25 23xxx CHT and got everything including OC'ing set up in record time. I'm getting pretty good at this as NRG is feeding us such regular updates to play with.

So far, so good.... now, off to play!

David
Second that!! I think I have figured out more tricks on getting through each flash as quick as possible since I switched to Energy than any previous ROM. Getting the latest and greatest is REALLY addicting!

Flash---XDA UC---Sashimi---PIM---My Phone---ActiveSync

Also, just started using SyncToy2.1 to sync my storage card to my desktop (using Disk Drive USB feature). It's been allowing me to make minor adjustments to my files as well as format and make quick adjustments for each flash. PM or quote if you would like more details on this.

It is better to have searched and searched (and then ask) than never to have searched at all.
If my Comment helped, please hit the thanks button!

Last edited by The Coach; 08-26-2010 at 05:38 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon

PrsnlCrcl is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrsnlCrcl is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrsnlCrcl is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrsnlCrcl is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrsnlCrcl is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I am having an interesting issue that I have not run into before on other ROMs that I have tried (including older Energy ROMs). My phone seems to go into a "sleep of death" if I have a phone conversation that lasts more than a couple of minutes. The phone works fine for the phone call, but when I am finished and I pull the phone away from my head, the phone stays black and I cannot get the screen to come on without using the reset button. Has anyone else experienced this? I am having the issues on the Aug. 22nd and Aug. 25 GTX ROMs. Thanks.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

supernoman is a n00b

Just happened to me today. I don't talk on my phone too much so it's the first long call I've had since I put on 23xxx Aug 25th build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrsnlCrcl View Post
I am having an interesting issue that I have not run into before on other ROMs that I have tried (including older Energy ROMs). My phone seems to go into a "sleep of death" if I have a phone conversation that lasts more than a couple of minutes. The phone works fine for the phone call, but when I am finished and I pull the phone away from my head, the phone stays black and I cannot get the screen to come on without using the reset button. Has anyone else experienced this? I am having the issues on the Aug. 22nd and Aug. 25 GTX ROMs. Thanks.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon

PrsnlCrcl is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrsnlCrcl is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrsnlCrcl is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrsnlCrcl is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrsnlCrcl is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernoman View Post
Just happened to me today. I don't talk on my phone too much so it's the first long call I've had since I put on 23xxx Aug 25th build.
Yes...it is interesting that the "phone" it what I seem to use the least on it, but the issue has happened multiple times the past couple of days. I am not sure what to do. I guess I am not the only one with the issue. Thanks.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

TWITTER

NRGZ28:
I ve been thinking of offereing lite roms... please post in the rom thread what apps you would like to see removed....
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:11 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbcary View Post
Is anyone else still having issues with the rom freezing on the homescreen after turning the screen on. It will freeze for anywhere from 10 seconds to 1 minute and then it starts to function again, or a soft reset fixes the problem. It happens almost everytime i plug the device in to charge it and after charging when i unplug the device and try to make a call it gets stuck pn the homescreen and none of the buttons,hard or soft keys, will respond and then after about 30-45 seconds it unfreezes and the device works fine, for a while. This happens about 2-4 times a day. Also about twice a day when i have an incoming call when i try to answer by sliding to answer it slides like its answering the phone but then the slider just sticks to answer and it doesnt actually answer the phone.Then i have to call the person back. Oh yeah, im using the Aug. 25, 23678 CHT Dinik Glass rom with the pagepool set to 12. i have the following cabs installed; Opnmarket, Purians 2.5 Transparent T-Mobile clock,Santod no clock background,Sense 2.5 no top or bottom curtains,CleanRam 2.2,and Bluff My Call. Also the only settings ive changed in Advance Configurator are;Disable Video Calling,Changing the vertical scrollbar height from 0 to 14 and changing the horizontal scrollbar width setting from 0 to 14, and disable the HTC logo. I dont think its a problem with any of my cabs that ive installed because ive used these same cabs on almost every rom ive ever used and never had any problems. Does anyone else have the same freezing or page sticking issues with NRGZ 23XXX CHT Dinik Glass roms. Do the 21XXX CHT Dinik Glass roms also freeze or stick? It doesnt completely lock up the device but it temporarily sticks the homescreen,any screen sometimes, and or Arkswitch screen for about 10-60 seconds and then it functions like its supposed to until it freezes up again. But it always freezes in the morning, whether i unplug the device from the charger or leave it plugged in.When it freezes it displays the time it got stuck on the CHT analog clock and it displays the actual time in the upper right hand corner time.? Thanks to anyone who can offer me any insight, information, a fix or solution, or if it happens on the 21XXX builds. For the past 5 months ive only used WM6.5.X builds and for the past 3-4 months they seem to be just as stable as the WM6.5 builds, but when i switched to NRGZ WM6.5.X 23XXX CHT Dinik Glass roms all of them have always had the same freezing or screen sticking issues. Im starting to ramble so im done and thanks again for any help,info, or possibly a way to fix the problem, and if the 21XXX roms dont ever freeze or stick then i might just switch, even tho i dont want to. I really like the overall look of the WM6.5.X builds.
I believe i'm using the 22nd 23xxx rom and not having any of those issues, as a matter of fact i haven't heard of anyone else having those issues either. I have no idea about some of those cabs you installed, but my suggestion is that even though you have used them in the past with no problems something in the rom could have been changed that's making the cabs and the rom conflict, so my advise is to uninstall all those cabs and start fresh and then add them one at a time and see which one is causing the issue, that's the best advice i can give.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
I believe i'm using the 22nd 23xxx rom and not having any of those issues, as a matter of fact i haven't heard of anyone else having those issues either. I have no idea about some of those cabs you installed, but my suggestion is that even though you have used them in the past with no problems something in the rom could have been changed that's making the cabs and the rom conflict, so my advise is to uninstall all those cabs and start fresh and then add them one at a time and see which one is causing the issue, that's the best advice i can give.
I agree
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch Pro 2

bkimbler is keeping up the good workbkimbler is keeping up the good workbkimbler is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
TWITTER

NRGZ28:
I ve been thinking of offereing lite roms... please post in the rom thread what apps you would like to see removed....
Basically down to stock. No utilities, special Internet apps, etc. Everything can be added via cab. I know some items run better when cooked in so if it's necessary and runs better when cooked in, leave it in.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:17 PM
I think I tore my sack.
Pocket PC: Droid X, Root, Deodexed, Tranquility 3.0
Carrier: VZW

thewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkappeli View Post
Hey I think this could help everyone her regarding OC.... Can someone who has succesfully OCed their TP2 post their exact setting in OCT? It works well for me but freezes or I get an SOD within a short time... I am trying out now 0 for Dynamic clocking... but not sure what the best settings are regarding polling, etc.... Any help would be much appreciated by many of us I believe. Thank you all in this community for extending the life of this phone. Cheers
if you were to look up three posts above yours was a reply in which my settings for OCT 1.5 were posted. If it were a snake.......710mhz, steps 0, everything else unchanged. I never touch anything else, don't get SOD, and have 75% battery left after being off the charger for 12-14 hours.

This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development