PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2010, 10:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

head honch is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 25| 21914|23678 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comstar View Post
What have you tried already to fix it? Have you downloaded it again? Do you get an error? Does it load and then not work? What do you mean by corrupted?

I woke up this morning to download the latest ROM, and when i tried to extract it from WinRAR it gave me an error that the file was corrupted...i couldn't waste anymore time trying to download it again due to the wait time on the D/L page and i had to get to work...so i loaded the most recent version i had which was the 13th...and i'm running this one now i'll try it again tonite, but i've never received that error before
Old 08-25-2010, 10:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

jamal33 is keeping up the good workjamal33 is keeping up the good work
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 25| 21914|23678 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by head honch View Post
I woke up this morning to download the latest ROM, and when i tried to extract it from WinRAR it gave me an error that the file was corrupted...i couldn't waste anymore time trying to download it again due to the wait time on the D/L page and i had to get to work...so i loaded the most recent version i had which was the 13th...and i'm running this one now i'll try it again tonite, but i've never received that error before

try downloading it in a different browser and to a different folder. I just d/l and no problems here. doing a task 29 be4 flashing.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Intercept

L21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuffL21Matt knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to L21Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post

Give it a try. Start with the link in my sig line and it will lead you to the threads that will help you learn and get started with it.

I'll deff consider doing this in the future, I skimmed over the links in your sig and it doesnt seem to be that much of a chore to do. But for now, those threads are going to chill out in my bookmarks, till i work up the nerve, which will prolly be today since its another rainy day lol.

Thanks
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

Agentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuff

Quote:
I woke up this morning to download the latest ROM, and when i tried to extract it from WinRAR it gave me an error that the file was corrupted...i couldn't waste anymore time trying to download it again due to the wait time on the D/L page and i had to get to work...so i loaded the most recent version i had which was the 13th...and i'm running this one now i'll try it again tonight, but i've never received that error before
Try using 7zip? http://www.7-zip.org/

That is the program I use and have never had an issue. 8.25 Cookie 23XXX Page pool 12. Off of charger since 8:30am and have made a few phone calls, searched some stuff on the internet, and it is still at 100% battery !!! (I do have some battery cabs installed) I have checked to make sure it wasnt rounding to the nearest 10% cause normally it goes down about 5% from the amount of time i used the phone. Haven't soft reset since last night and still at 58 MB free. Love the ROM, only thing i notice that is weird is when i get a text or email sense flickers a little bit but it has been doing that for the last few ROMs. Great job NRG =D>
Old 08-25-2010, 11:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentz919 View Post
Try using 7zip? http://www.7-zip.org/

That is the program I use and have never had an issue. 8.25 Cookie 23XXX Page pool 12. Off of charger since 8:30am and have made a few phone calls, searched some stuff on the internet, and it is still at 100% battery !!! (I do have some battery cabs installed) I have checked to make sure it wasnt rounding to the nearest 10% cause normally it goes down about 5% from the amount of time i used the phone. Haven't soft reset since last night and still at 58 MB free. Love the ROM, only thing i notice that is weird is when i get a text or email sense flickers a little bit but it has been doing that for the last few ROMs. Great job NRG =D>
might be a false battery reading but not by much - after a fresh flash and if u use the nue battery cab the battery takes a couple of reboots to settle down. but over all still should be near 100 percent!
Old 08-25-2010, 11:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG LS855

t-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIPt-bob is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
As far as overclocking, I was quite reluctant to do so and a few of the guys twisted my arm a bit and now my O"ing apps are the first thing I set up after I flash a new ROM. Phone is doing great at 729 and there is no noticable hit to the battery, in fact, it actually seems a bit better but that may be due to the newer ROMs. Also, OPera seems to open and load pages much quicker than before.
My experience was similar to Dave's as far as OC'ing in that I was very reluctant to try it the first time. I finally tried it and found out how straightforwardit was, so now I set it up after every flash using the mortscript. I worked up to 768 but had a few problems with sense freezing, so now I run at 748 and it is rock solid. Just wanted to throw that out there as encouragement for those who have been hesitant to try the OC.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bob View Post
My experience was similar to Dave's as far as OC'ing in that I was very reluctant to try it the first time. I finally tried it and found out how straightforwardit was, so now I set it up after every flash using the mortscript. I worked up to 768 but had a few problems with sense freezing, so now I run at 748 and it is rock solid. Just wanted to throw that out there as encouragement for those who have been hesitant to try the OC.
I can also vouch for OC running rock solid @ 748. I manage to push it up to 806 but was only running smooth for about an hour. definitely makes the apps open and close a lot quicker and opera now kicks ass.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

mprachar is keeping up the good workmprachar is keeping up the good work
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 22| 21914|23678 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
I agree that nuebattery is a good program, but your not going to get that type of charge out of a usb port, your only going to get like 200 mA out of a usb 2.0 port, and you have to take in more of a charge than he's using, so he needs to make sure that he doesn't have programs running in the background checking for email, weather and any other type of updates while he's trying to internet share, and he probably needs to slide the phone open so it doesn't get to warm because as us that came from the TP1 know the phone would quite charging if it got to warm, which I have never heard of on the TP2 but just to make sure, that's my 2 cents.
Hmmm... guess I'm just lucky; every USB port I've used so far will do over 500mA as reported by the Battery Monitor Program (my old Dell Laptop is doing 579 right now but the battery is still 97% full...) I have not had the dreaded "insufficient charging power" message once since I started using NueBattery months ago.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
I use winrar also & it works fine extracting ROMs or whatever I download. If I were u I would wait until I have the time to download it again. U dont need another program to open it, the one u have is fine especially since u've never had that error before. Try downloading with a better browser because hotfile is the worst file hosting site ever! Something like FireFox or Google Chrome shouldnt give u any problems
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Ok those who wanted a "Reference" ROM they are uploaded now, u dont have to beg anymore LOL
This post has been thanked 4 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development