PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 01:00 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 14| 21916|23138 * Sense 2018

Totally off topic again- but I sure will miss all you guys when I get an Epic in 2 weeks. Heck- I'll miss flashing a new rom every weekend
Old 09-16-2010, 01:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jsteely is a n00b
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 14| 21916|23138 * Sense 2018

Loaded the Sep 14 23138 Cookie I love this ROM. Smoother in every way than the previous iterations. I am happy right now. Scrolling and weather animations seem to be smoother across the board. Applications are snappy (Opera Mobile 10, SpintNav, Slacker). I'll have to see how it holds up tomorrow at work. But I am already pleasantly surprised. Makes me wonder if I should switch to the EVO when the next cycle of of new phones comes around the office. Almost afraid I'll lose some flexibility, WiFi internet sharing, new ROM's daily etc...

Any thoughts from those who have switched or are considering doing so? At this point, Windows Phone 7 looks dead out of the gate to me, and I don't know if Android will be quite as much fun...
Old 09-16-2010, 01:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Electrify
Carrier: USCC

swlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on repswlaraut is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Well bluetooth seems to be a flavor today so heres my 2 cents.

First off I never go back to previous rom because the usual issues are never that bad, and there is always a new rom around the corner . Having said, I am going back to the 24xxx roms for 3 reasons.

1. The bluetooth worked perfect on both the 24 release's. I have not had the real serous BT issues some have had, but 2-4 sec. delays on hangup were common and having to double click to hang up was common. I have 3 bluetooths and they all have the same issues with 23xxx (blueparrot, plantronic, Jawbone). Plus I stream audio into my stereo from BT. In other word I use bluetooth about 10 hours a day.

2. The battery life was actually better with the 24 than the latest 23.

3. The 10 second dim issue was fixed on the 24 roms.

I sent NRGZ a text on the bluetooth differece between 23 and 24, maybe it will help him narrow down the problem. (of course I will probably hear from all those whom the 24 roms made no diff what so ever, lol)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

NRGZ28... I dont know what the hell to say to u LOL this ROM is unbelievable!! Nothing has topped 8/22 until now. This is by far the smoothest & most rock solid ROM yet. Im still setting up the phone from a fresh flash & no lag during this process? Thats unheard of! 23XXX is the best, gotta love it
Old 09-16-2010, 02:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteely View Post
Loaded the Sep 14 23138 Cookie I love this ROM. Smoother in every way than the previous iterations. I am happy right now. Scrolling and weather animations seem to be smoother across the board. Applications are snappy (Opera Mobile 10, SpintNav, Slacker). I'll have to see how it holds up tomorrow at work. But I am already pleasantly surprised. Makes me wonder if I should switch to the EVO when the next cycle of of new phones comes around the office. Almost afraid I'll lose some flexibility, WiFi internet sharing, new ROM's daily etc...

Any thoughts from those who have switched or are considering doing so? At this point, Windows Phone 7 looks dead out of the gate to me, and I don't know if Android will be quite as much fun...
I bought the wife an EVO on the first morning, 5hrs before my normal bed arise, so I could have my "guilty pleasure electronic affair" LOL. Love to dabble w/it but I bore really quickly. Really only like the camera apps. (kinda fun). The past couple mos, I'm actually starting to USE the phone and loving it all over again. BIG THANKS to NRGZ and those smarter than me that have helped make this do things it probably shouldn't and definitely wasn't designed for. They have also helped me learn a lot along the way,including helping me make my own roms. I'm enjoying enough to hold out to see 7; along with, the new processors recently announced. I still find myself showing other people w/out WinMo things we (this community) can do that surprises them. Or maybe we just act like proud parents for something we have created that's unique.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

ericcire is a n00b

Hey there, just installed Energy.RHODCDMA.23138.Sense2.5.Cookie.Sep.13 and my keyboard functions are not the same.

FN+N is supposed to be ":" but it is giving me "/"
FN+H is supposed to be "\" but it is giving me ";"

I am on sprint.

I did the carrier provisioning but that didn't seem to change anything. I have browsed through my settings and can not seem to find what I am looking for.

Am I missing a simple setting?

Thanks guys
Old 09-16-2010, 03:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcire View Post
Hey there, just installed Energy.RHODCDMA.23138.Sense2.5.Cookie.Sep.13 and my keyboard functions are not the same.

FN+N is supposed to be ":" but it is giving me "/"
FN+H is supposed to be "\" but it is giving me ";"

I am on sprint.

I did the carrier provisioning but that didn't seem to change anything. I have browsed through my settings and can not seem to find what I am looking for.

Am I missing a simple setting?

Thanks guys
Give this a try! Sprint Keyboard Fix.cab
Old 09-16-2010, 03:49 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
Hey hey hey dont forget the platinum volume rockers!!
I really was laughing out loud.... and now I have "platinum knockers" stuck in my head... & pink... :>))

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyderr View Post
I can reproduce the BT Problem consistantly. I have a Uconnect system in my Dodge and a Motorola H375. The problem is that SOMETIMES, not all the time, the phone will not hang up. I know the phone gets the command, as I have noticed that when I request to hang u.....Hope that helps NRG. I'd be willing to test too. I can get a spare TP2 that I can play with.
Which ROM & precisely when? You obviously just burned the new set? (didn't read back can you post?)
which ROM? when did u flash.. from what to what?

Quote:
Bro u really should read back a few pages, its been discussed... alot
Not to pile on this guy, but the last 10 pages have been discussing the "latest ROM" which is not "Sept 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemakk View Post
Hi all,
Today, I flashed the Energy ROM for the first time. 21916 Build, Dinik Glass.
Do people have recommendations as to how I can improve the performance of my home screen? I don't even know if I can disable the weather animation.
Thanks
Bottom of my "HOW TO" in my sig look for "SPEED" & "SLOW?" disable all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokeZony0u View Post
Totally off topic again- but I sure will miss all you guys when I get an Epic in 2 weeks. Heck- I'll miss flashing a new rom every weekend
4 inch screen!!! NICE Let us know what you think of it. Keyboard! I'd NEVER get an EVO.. yea the 4.3" screen would be awesome, but... the processor & graphics speeds on the EPIC are way above the EVO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteely View Post
Loaded the Sep 14 23138 Cookie I love this ROM. Smoother in every way than the previous iterations. I am happy right now. Scrolling and weather animations seem to be smoother across the board. ....Any thoughts from those who have switched or are considering doing so? At this point, Windows Phone 7 looks dead out of the gate to me, and I don't know if Android will be quite as much fun...
Looks like your not in much of a hurry, should have new Win phones soon... EPIC, see above. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...pro-2-evo.html may help... Can't do both CDMA & GSM on an EVO, can't do both Android & Winmo (& Win 95, 98 & XP). Click on the ANDROID link in my sig, run it for a week first & see if you like.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/phone-comp...s-htc-evo.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by swlaraut View Post
Well bluetooth seems to be a flavor today so heres my 2 cents. First off I never go back to previous rom because the usual issues are never that bad, and there is always a new rom around the corner . Having said, I am going back to the 24xxx roms for 3 reasons.
... all those whom the 24 roms made no diff what so ever, lol)
IMHO big difference between the 236xx series & 231xx series, could you be more specific? What about 23678? How did it work there?

Quote:
U know what Teradog, Im going to trust u and flash it tonight! Im not easy to win over because I LOVE 8/22. But u say its solid & I trust ur info so I am going to follow ur suggestion & flash... Lets see how this goes!
Quote:
NRGZ28... I dont know what the hell to say to u LOL this ROM is unbelievable!! Nothing has topped 8/22 until now. This is by far the smoothest & most rock solid ROM yet. Im still setting up the phone from a fresh flash & no lag during this process? Thats unheard of! 23XXX is the best, gotta love it
:>)))))) *edit* what u doing up? online @ this time of night?... go to bed!

Just for that... DATBOIDAME GOING 3000!! 3K rep baby.. (still should have enough... 9 or so)
DONE! :>)) CONGRATS

BUT, you & DaveTN have to promise something! Let the guys like Steveo70 answer those keyboard Q's!!! How the heck are they (lurkers, noobs & regulars) suppose to get any rep if you guys keep picking all the low hanging fruit? We've got enough rep... we don't need it for anything... :>))

Last edited by teradog; 09-16-2010 at 04:27 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Give this a try! Sprint Keyboard Fix.cab
Dang! beat me to it, and I got yelled at for logging off my phone and back on to the laptop! LOL! What the H**l, worth it. 2nd place is still the first place LOSER. LOL
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2 CDMA XV6875 (RHOD500) - O2 XDA IIs
Carrier: VN Mobifone (GSM, 3G)

tiger2wander is keeping up the good worktiger2wander is keeping up the good work
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

I have installed Opera 10 using "Ninja Duck Opera 10 (BASE-FL-RO-XXX) 1.3.cab" and it work very well for me included: Flash (youtube...), Auto rotate using G-Sensor, auto hide virtual keyboard when I use hardware keyboard.
Now I'm using Opera Mobile 5.1 because of it performance: very fast and display is good for most sites but lack of support: Javascript, Flash.

@NRGZ28: Please consider to bundle Opera Mobile 5.1 as default browser in your ROM, I hope so

Thanks for made great job!

Last edited by tiger2wander; 09-16-2010 at 06:34 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development