PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2010, 04:50 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 8| 21916|24634 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by geejdee View Post
Ok David, what kind of setup are you using on the battery... I would love to get 24 hours... better yet 8 hours.. Now I do a lot of facebook, interneting and move well over 150 text per day... emails from outlook and gmail... will to order a non oem battery if its going to help....
Quote:
Originally Posted by JokeZony0u View Post
Out of curiosity:

For those who have 40-50+ hours of usage on a single charge- do you guys have a data plan?

The battery life is awesome- but I cannot go past 20 hours on a single charge. Just yesterday I unplugged at 2 in the afternoon, but by 12 at night, I had the 10% warning
Most of my setup can be found in my "quick faqs" linked in my sig line but overall, not many changes to the system.

I have an unlimited data plan and have my location services turned on. I have agps turned on as well. Email is set to "push" and I get my mail as it arrives on my gmail server.
Weather is set to update every three hours and I have my screen set to 60% brightness.

I am currently running hypnotics battery cab but I am going to switch to MAXX's once I get back home to my USB cable that I forgot before I left on vacation.

The only other thing that is different for me is I bought a set of EVO/Incredible (non OEM) batteries and a pocket charger from Amazon.com. The whole set was 24.99 (I linked to it a few pages back) and the batteries are 1800mAh vs our 1300 mAh. I'm currently at 36 hours and at 50% charge as we speak. However, I STILL get great battery life out of my stock battery as well.

Did I mention that I'm overclocking as well? Yep, 729 and rock stable.

I think I'm gonn jinx myself with this but sometimes I just think I got a really good phone. I've heard of good runs vs bad runs and later runs vs. older runs, but it just seems like mine is at its peak. Lots of the problems that other people complain about, I just don't have. Also, I DO NOT and have not used Task29. And I've flashed probably 12 ROMs over the last couple of months.

My daily use is about 50 emails/day and about 20 to 50 texts. A few phone calls, regular internet use with bing and google. And a lot of Solitair and teeter when I'm bored. Some days I even fire up my S9-HD bluetooth headset and listen to music for a few hours.

One thing that also made a big difference is the type of signal I'm getting. Right now (in Charleston SC) I have a great EVDO signal everywhere. Back home (Knoxville TN) I have acrappy signal and spend a lot of time in 1x. At my house I used to have a gen 1 airave (femtocell) and got crappy battery life with it. Sprint just upgraded me to the newer Airvana which does EVDO and that made a BIG difference for me on days that I spend at my house. Without the airave I had ZERO signal in my house. Around Knoxville I see that I switch a lot between EVDO and 1x which I think makes a big difference.

For those that are having very bad battery life, is your phone switching between 1x and EV alot? That may be one reason your battery life is so low. Also, does your phone get warm? I always found that mine gets warm if it is looking for a signal - even if it shows bars.

Just thought I'd try to shed a little light.

David
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Most of my setup can be found in my "quick faqs" linked in my sig line but overall, not many changes to the system.

I have an unlimited data plan and have my location services turned on. I have agps turned on as well. Email is set to "push" and I get my mail as it arrives on my gmail server.
Weather is set to update every three hours and I have my screen set to 60% brightness.

I am currently running hypnotics battery cab but I am going to switch to MAXX's once I get back home to my USB cable that I forgot before I left on vacation.

The only other thing that is different for me is I bought a set of EVO/Incredible (non OEM) batteries and a pocket charger from Amazon.com. The whole set was 24.99 (I linked to it a few pages back) and the batteries are 1800mAh vs our 1300 mAh. I'm currently at 36 hours and at 50% charge as we speak. However, I STILL get great battery life out of my stock battery as well.

Did I mention that I'm overclocking as well? Yep, 729 and rock stable.

I think I'm gonn jinx myself with this but sometimes I just think I got a really good phone. I've heard of good runs vs bad runs and later runs vs. older runs, but it just seems like mine is at its peak. Lots of the problems that other people complain about, I just don't have. Also, I DO NOT and have not used Task29. And I've flashed probably 12 ROMs over the last couple of months.

My daily use is about 50 emails/day and about 20 to 50 texts. A few phone calls, regular internet use with bing and google. And a lot of Solitair and teeter when I'm bored. Some days I even fire up my S9-HD bluetooth headset and listen to music for a few hours.

One thing that also made a big difference is the type of signal I'm getting. Right now (in Charleston SC) I have a great EVDO signal everywhere. Back home (Knoxville TN) I have acrappy signal and spend a lot of time in 1x. At my house I used to have a gen 1 airave (femtocell) and got crappy battery life with it. Sprint just upgraded me to the newer Airvana which does EVDO and that made a BIG difference for me on days that I spend at my house. Without the airave I had ZERO signal in my house. Around Knoxville I see that I switch a lot between EVDO and 1x which I think makes a big difference.

For those that are having very bad battery life, is your phone switching between 1x and EV alot? That may be one reason your battery life is so low. Also, does your phone get warm? I always found that mine gets warm if it is looking for a signal - even if it shows bars.

Just thought I'd try to shed a little light.

David
GREAT POST!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 CDMA
Carrier: PLAY Poland

GlobuS is becoming a great contributor

@NRGZ28 I've got one question to You. What regs are responsible for total cmd. I wonder can I edit finger friendly menu (I mean the menu which opens when long tapping on right upper corner when cecmd is opened)
Old 09-10-2010, 05:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Howie411 is just getting started

24634 GTX is a great rom, very fast, but its chewing threw the battery a lot quicker then previous ones.

On a side note, we may need an update to Opera soon. When I login to Gmail (through the browser) it says: Your using an old version of Gmail which will be retired in Sept. At that point you'll be redirected to a basic HTML view. To get faster Gmail and the newest features upgrade your browser.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobuS View Post
@NRGZ28 I've got one question to You. What regs are responsible for total cmd. I wonder can I edit finger friendly menu (I mean the menu which opens when long tapping on right upper corner when cecmd is opened)
DM him on Twitter or PM him on xda-developers. U have a better chance of getting a response from him that way
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

solidgun is a n00b

This is the fastest working ROM I have used so far. Too bad about not having voice command option, but that is the only complaint I can make about this ROM thus far.

Thanks.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: USCC

outbackpaul is just getting started

Is there a way to add the voice command to a rom?
Old 09-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidgun View Post
This is the fastest working ROM I have used so far. Too bad about not having voice command option, but that is the only complaint I can make about this ROM thus far.

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbackpaul View Post
Is there a way to add the voice command to a rom?
you can add it, it's been uploaded to this thread before so just back out to where you came in the thread and look to the right a little and you will see a paperclip and hit that and it will bring up all attachments in this thread and look for microsoft voice command i believe it's called.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: USCC

outbackpaul is just getting started

Thanks and thanked
Old 09-10-2010, 10:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by relisted View Post
anyone else having horrible battery life.?? mine was 6 hours today on both batteries!
on the aug 28 917build i was gettin a solid 10 hours.
just note im a heavy text email kinda guy with 40 min of talk time a day max
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
Im running on the 8/22 23678 6.5.X Cookie, its excellent & I think I should marry it because Im never leaving it LOL. & yes sir I do have a link to it, with & without dinik glass. If interested PM me
Hi
Been busy, just checked in. Very interesting.
I'm gona do sum comparison of this and latsest to see what difference as well.

I'm on 21916, very strange. Issues with radio on fresh install nothing added.
pressing Voicemail on CHT actually calls another family member.
I never selected, but when my phone was acting erractic, my number was hidden to caller.
My usual flashing involves clear storage, task29, clearstorage, even the multi button way. So I shure it wan't that.
I am becoming convinced that most battery Issues must be in the area of how Energy cooks his rom in the phone settings..(GSM&CDMA)
No matter how many builds and versions this issue persists on some users.
ANd I never see the screen within phonesettings, to modify text on hangup.
After a day and some soft resets, phone seemed to settle in, but still voicemail link not going right place.
I think it because I used PIM backup BEFORE I installed sprint cab.
Gona reflash & try again

Another surprise, but good:
Sense more stable.
No "Application Data" on storage card.
Running as a test overclocking at previously unattainable speed!
I could never stay at 768Mhz more than a minute without Sense freeze...
Now Im running steady at 768Mhz! Woohoo!
Strange how its running smooth now, but still even without overclock it was eating more battery than last Build..
Will be lookin into this further over weekend. bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Thoughts for the day….
2. MAXX: You post a while back about this ROM being so slow & doesn’t NRG test them.
I dunno if you were talking about me but if so, your mistaken I never said anything about being so Slow. Mayby you should retrace to see who quoted that I am curious as I never read that.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development