PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2010, 10:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

Geomancer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 8| 21916|24634 * Sense 2018

Hello everyone! I've been lurking this forum for a while and using NRGZ's rom. Recently people have been discussing issues with USB tethering. I'm also having this issue and was wondering if there's any way to correct it without a SIM card, as I don't own one.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vx6900
Carrier: Verizon

kev.schu is a n00b

Dont know if its been documented, my search didn't bring it up in this thread. When you do FN + H/j/n/b they are bringing up the wrong function.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:24 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geomancer View Post
Hello everyone! I've been lurking this forum for a while and using NRGZ's rom. Recently people have been discussing issues with USB tethering. I'm also having this issue and was wondering if there's any way to correct it without a SIM card, as I don't own one.
have you tried what I mentioned in my post on the last page regarding windows mobility center?

also, your phone should have come with a sim card (it goes under the battery). My guess is if you don't have one, USCC will sell you one or you may be able to use a prepaid card. I'm not sure why its needed but apparently it makes a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev.schu View Post
Dont know if its been documented, my search didn't bring it up in this thread. When you do FN + H/j/n/b they are bringing up the wrong function.
Yes, its been mentioned about 2000 times.

Follow the link in my sig line to the "cabs and fixes" and download the "keyboard fix" cab specific to your carrier. Load teh cab on your phone and run it. Do a soft reset and everything will work.

While you're down there at my sig line, take some time to read through the "Quick Faq's" too and it will answer a lot of your other questions.

David

Last edited by DaveTN; 09-10-2010 at 10:30 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:30 AM
Lurker

Geomancer is a n00b

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geomancer
have you tried what I mentioned in my post on the last page regarding windows mobility center?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev.schu
Yes, its been mentioned about 2000 times.

Follow the link in my sig line to the "cabs and fixes" and download the "keyboard fix" cab specific to your carrier. Load teh cab on your phone and run it. Do a soft reset and everything will work.

While you're down there at my sig line, take some time to read through the "Quick Faq's" too and it will answer a lot of your other questions.

David
Ah, I see your post now. Unfortunately, the issue I'm having is that "none" shows up under my network connection box on my phone. Enabling flight mode allows me to switch it to sprint, but then it becomes useless due to inactive connection.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:35 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Thoughts for the day….
1. Windows random closing apps problem: Directly related to OC (Over Clocking).
Why? For some odd reason I’ve always had to run Sashimi several times prior to it completely finishing all 20 of my cab installs (some to SD some main mem). This morning I was wondering why one of the icons was not showing… turns out it was the MSM7K OC program link… didn’t ever get installed!!!! I’ve been going days w/o OC??! Seems I would have noticed, but when I then installed it, didn’t say had to uninstall other one first! Not once did I have an app close on me, in the background or other… not over the last couple days. Immediately upon installing (OC@74 it started closing apps. Several times Opera! Not saying it will or must happen to you. Simply saying, based on my results, it’s VERY LIKELY!

*edit* the key here is that, the higher I push it toward max/freeze up... the more it does it!
*edit 2* I've NEVER been able to run @ 748 with NO SOD's!! This ROM??!!!

2. Maan: You post a while back about this ROM being so slow & doesn’t NRG test them.
a. This is the first time he’s flashed with such a low pp. ½ of what he use to do… which would give the OS much less RAM (caching of it self) than it use to have… which makes it seem slower… BUT, I’m convinced the lower pp has given unbelievable stability & dependability to this ROM! I haven’t been reading much here lately (working on droid), but I’m just not seeing the dozens & dozens of memory error problem posts as we did when it was @ 24!

Something I’ve noticed with high pp… the slider seems really fast, menu changes are fast, etc.. but after an hour of hard use & multi tasking with multiple apps up &/or multiple tabs on Opera… hands down, I’m out of memory & everything runs slow, doesn’t run, out of memory, etc.. etc.. I’d rather have a work horse then flashy

Another random observation.., after about an hour with NO USE my RAM drops into the 50’s doing NOTHING. If it was doing that starting @ 58, would probably be around 40… after an hour sit?

b. If you had an HD2 would you spend time testing all the ROMs you make for all the different devices? I’m not jumping on that “can’t believe you said that bandwagon…” I was just thinking… If he makes 8ish ROM’s for a TP2, does the same for a LEO (HD2 I think), Diamond?, TP? How many devices???? Lets just stay 5 different ones.. that’s 8x5 or 40 different ROM’s he has to make!!!!! In my TP days, I was either on Root ROM & Energy, but most of the time I made my own with Calkin’s kitchen. Admit tingly I have a slow laptop… but it took TONS of time to add/change & then compile (cook) & then if there were errors (often), had to redo it all until it worked.

Now, go to each device & test all 40 of them, task29, flash… etc… Can you even imagine? IMHO: At least an hour per ROM, or 40 hours a week @ 1 ROM a week JUST TO TEST THEM!!!!!!!! A full time job just testing!!! Say nothing about finding errors, finding solutions, posting ROM’s on all different forums, uploading all of them, twitter, changing the kitchens, compiling all the ROMs… etc., etc… WOW

So, the more I think about it… NO WAY! Now what about the weeks he puts out 2 ROMs?!!! That would require over 100 hours of work!! I’ll bet he has a job & a life as well. So, it’s just not possible to test the ROM’s. My 2 cents? Given the time requirements…. No way he could even test 1 per device… so, now that I think of it… I’ll bet they’re not tested especially by him. He’s burned so many TP2 ROM’s I’m quite sure he’s got a pretty darn good idea of what will break it & what won’t, so most are pretty darn good. Some of the attempts he makes to fix them work great, others break it a little… eventually making a better end product…. And then a new sense & OS & cookie ver (3) comes out & he has to start all over again!!! Huge constantly changing variables!!

3. There was a post a day or 2 ago about having to run UC a couple times since it didn’t finish. Per above… Personally, I’m getting the same thing on Sashimi…

Last edited by teradog; 09-14-2010 at 06:44 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:42 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geomancer View Post
Ah, I see your post now. Unfortunately, the issue I'm having is that "none" shows up under my network connection box on my phone. Enabling flight mode allows me to switch it to sprint, but then it becomes useless due to inactive connection.
Are you on sprint or uscellular? Your profile says US cellular.

Also, try running the carrier provisioning if you havne't done so already.

START > Tools >carrier Provisioning. Then choose your carrier. Let the cab run and then soft reset.

If you are running a Sprint TP on USCC, that may be your problem and carrier provisioning should help.

EDIT: Also, what about using wifi router application, or do you not have a wifi card in your computer?

David

Last edited by DaveTN; 09-10-2010 at 10:46 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:11 AM
Lurker

Geomancer is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Are you on sprint or uscellular? Your profile says US cellular.

Also, try running the carrier provisioning if you havne't done so already.

START > Tools >carrier Provisioning. Then choose your carrier. Let the cab run and then soft reset.

If you are running a Sprint TP on USCC, that may be your problem and carrier provisioning should help.

EDIT: Also, what about using wifi router application, or do you not have a wifi card in your computer?

David
It's a US Cellular TP2 on US Cellular, my connection is just labeled as Sprint. Provisioning has been done and, strangely enough, wifi router works just fine.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint CDMA Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmikedboyd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to mikedboyd

Tweaking the 'private network' connection setting did it for me. Thanks Sly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly View Post
I posted a few pages back that USB tethering worked fine for me (was using 24631.Cookie.Sep.04) only when the SIM card is inserted. I tested this on a fresh 23634.Cookie.Sep.08 and the behavior is the same without the SIM. With the SIM inserted, I had to make one minor change:

On the Internet Sharing screen:

Menu > Connection Settings > Advanced > Select Networks

Change "Programs that automatically connect to a private network should connect using" > arrow-down and select Sprint

Works perfectly for me. Somebody test this and see if solves your problem!!

Be sure to thank me IF I help .............................
Old 09-10-2010, 11:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev.schu View Post
Give the Verizon Keyboard Fix a try
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch=>TP2=>Touch=>Diamond=>TouchPro2 (current)
Carrier: SPRINT

bpsamant is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 25| 21914|23678 * Sense 2018

Titanium users:

I flashed "Energy.RHODCDMA.21916.Titanium.Sep.08".

I still noticed :
A. opera favorites not working
B. 100% battery issue
C. New issue. Format sd card not working.

I am with sprint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpsamant View Post
I am on the "21911.Titanium.Aug.10" ROM as well.

I do really like it, except for:

A: The 100% battery issue.
B. The OPERA favorites not working.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l21matt View Post
Anyone who has tried the Titanium (21xxx, and aug 10) Have you noticed that the batt Icon gets stuck at 100% and if you plug it in, then unplug it, the Charge icon gets stuck.

Just testing the bare Titanium Rom, with sprint provision cab. Nothing else installed
Quote:
Originally Posted by john1134 View Post
I have the same issue with Titanium ROM.

Also, after I install sprint provision cab the "in-call" dialer screen changes the soft key for "calendar" to "hold". Any way to fix either of these issues? Please!?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development