PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2010, 09:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 6| 21911|23673 * Sense 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly View Post
I don't have any problems using HTCRie on the TP2 ROMs. Here are the steps, but after you do it once, it's a piece of cake.

1. Unzip the desired NRG ROM and if you want, unzip HTCrie into the same folder.
2. Then run HTCRie and do File > Open and select the RHODIMG.NBH file.
3. On the left panel, click the "+" next to OS to expand it.
4. Click on IMGFS. You'll see all the files in the ROM. You can sort by name, size, type. Highlight the files you want to delete (eg. MP3Trimmer, Palringo, etc) and hit the DEL key.
5. Click the Save icon when you're done.
6. Exit HTCRie and flash as usual.

TIP: If you fear deleting something by mistake, HTCrie has a "Save selected files" and "Add files..." options. You can save the files first before deleting and add them back in if you change your mind.
I searched high and low and could not find HTCrie. The versions did find, aren't the right size and don't run. Anyone got a copy?
Old 08-10-2010, 09:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

lovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 10| 21911|23128 * Sense 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boominsvx View Post

Keep it up NRGZ, you always keep us up to date! Lovin it!
This is exactly why I came back from Sprint Lovers ROM. While I liked the idea of his ROM better and got many months of service from it, he moved on to the EVO (can't blame him) and the ROM stagnated.

I like keeping up to date

dave
Old 08-10-2010, 09:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

iowabassplayer is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariowabassplayer is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariowabassplayer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 10| 21911|23128 * Sense 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshowman View Post
Thanks for the replies, iowabassplayer .

I used this (ClearRAM) cab along the two cabs for "NoPushInternet" & "Dynamic Resource Proxy", and my RAM usage is still bad.
Within an hour, it still creeps upto 90% where apps start getting killed (eg Opera, IE) or the unit just hangs or resets!

Too weird.
Hey, sorry it didnt work for you. Those are 2 cabs that I read about on here when I first got my TP2, and they seemed to do the trick for me, so i've used them with every new flash.

Maybe someone with more experience can weigh in on your issue...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo 3D

Avenger666 is keeping up the good workAvenger666 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Avenger666 Send a message via MSN to Avenger666 Send a message via Yahoo to Avenger666

trying new rom 23128 dinik

thanks nrg

does anyone has a cab that disables rotation of the photo and music tabs when turning the phone?
Old 08-10-2010, 09:44 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsyounot View Post
This is total crap and someone has to say it. I keep reading this bs and I shake my head. What's draining the battery is having the screen on. Playing music and talking on the phone use almost no battery. Other things drain the battery too, but nothing like the screen....

...so you flash a new ROM, and then you have to change all the settings and sync your contacts. It takes a few days to get everything just right. Once you get things right you use the screen less and a miracle, the battery lasts longer. There is no magic circuitry that's getting used to the new rom.
So, are you prepared to TRY and actually prove me wrong?

Yes, the battery does have circuitry in it to determine the rate of charge and discharge and yes, the phone does interpert that infor from the battery.

In the HUNDREDS of custom ROM's that I have flashed - many long before 2007 when I joined PPCG - my experience has taught me that it does take a bit of time for the battery readings to stabilize.

And.. I also pointed out that that fact is disputed, but again in my experience, I have seen some fact to what I pointed out.

Also, you failed to mention the other useful FACTS that I pointed out about drain on the battery.

You also missed and failed to mention what the OP said. His battery dropps to 85% right after he unplugs his phone from the charger.

So, unless you can conclusively prove me wrong.....

I try to be as helpful as I can here. I may not be perfect in everything I post but at least I take the time out of my busy day to do so. Most, if not all the readers here will agree that what I post is helpful.

Got something to say about it, do me a favor and PM it to me. I don't want to muddy up the thread again and make Orangekid step in and make me read his book again.

David

Last edited by DaveTN; 08-10-2010 at 09:56 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:09 AM
Unlimited is um, limited

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogent View Post
can some1 plz tell me if they're able to change the properties in the camera app. please specify what version you're using. thanks.
I'm using the Aug 1 23xxx CHT ROM and camera properties work fine for me. Which NRG ROM are you on?

David
Old 08-10-2010, 10:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

I am flashing the Aug 10 ROM now. Going with the 23xxx Cookie. I'll let you know how it goes...
Old 08-10-2010, 10:18 AM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
So, are you prepared to TRY and actually prove me wrong?

Yes, the battery does have circuitry in it to determine the rate of charge and discharge and yes, the phone does interpert that infor from the battery.

In the HUNDREDS of custom ROM's that I have flashed - many long before 2007 when I joined PPCG - my experience has taught me that it does take a bit of time for the battery readings to stabilize.

And.. I also pointed out that that fact is disputed, but again in my experience, I have seen some fact to what I pointed out.

Also, you failed to mention the other useful FACTS that I pointed out about drain on the battery.

You also missed and failed to mention what the OP said. His battery dropps to 85% right after he unplugs his phone from the charger.

So, unless you can conclusively prove me wrong.....

I try to be as helpful as I can here. I may not be perfect in everything I post but at least I take the time out of my busy day to do so. Most, if not all the readers here will agree that what I post is helpful.

Got something to say about it, do me a favor and PM it to me. I don't want to muddy up the thread again and make Orangekid step in and make me read his book again.

David
I myself have flashed thousands of ROMs particularly on TP1 & TP2 and I agree with Dave. There is def. a relationship in battery drain & flashes. Many, Many posts have been made and tests completed to show a correlation. There are many posts on Battery Calibration as well. Nothing has been presented to disprove it is related to flashes or HRs.
I do very little tweaking or adjusting, flash to complete in less than 15-20 mins......... My batt always does better after a day or so in which I run the fresh flash till batt is near dead (1-2%) and then let it charge to full. My usage & screen is on FAR more after my flash & set up process, rather than being on more at first to set it up so Im not buying that theory. I also know that turning the screen on just to tweak a few things is using less batt discharge than playing music a day or so after the device is all set up.

That being said I am not trying to jump in an arguement, just saying that I def. think users should look at some of the information on the topic to fully grasp how THEY feel.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:44 AM
Unlimited is um, limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger666 View Post
how to disable rotation in photos and music tab?
OK, I had to do a bit of digging around for this one and this is what I found. I have not tried it myself to confirm if it works or not, so back up your data and settings before you do it.

Also, if I'm wrong, anyone feel free to correctme.

Tap "Start" icon > Tools > G-config

You will see a window that says "Rotated apps"

Scroll down to HTC Album and tap and hold your stylus on HTC album class until "disable" pops up and select it.

My guess is that setting will disable autorotation in the picture album. I have not tried it but I will do so before I flash another ROM this afternoon. I've also not been able to find a setting for the music player.

I checked advanced config and bsb tweaks but I have not gone throught the registry. Also searched for a "disable rotation" cab but didn't find one.

Hope that helps.

David
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:50 AM
sly
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

sly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIPsly is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyderr View Post
I searched high and low and could not find HTCrie. The versions did find, aren't the right size and don't run. Anyone got a copy?
Here you go.
Attached Files
File Type: zip htcRIE_0.5.0.12.zip (552.0 KB, 85 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 4 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development