View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 09:44 AM
DaveTN
Unlimited is um, limited

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 6| 21911|23673 * Sense 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsyounot View Post
This is total crap and someone has to say it. I keep reading this bs and I shake my head. What's draining the battery is having the screen on. Playing music and talking on the phone use almost no battery. Other things drain the battery too, but nothing like the screen....

...so you flash a new ROM, and then you have to change all the settings and sync your contacts. It takes a few days to get everything just right. Once you get things right you use the screen less and a miracle, the battery lasts longer. There is no magic circuitry that's getting used to the new rom.
So, are you prepared to TRY and actually prove me wrong?

Yes, the battery does have circuitry in it to determine the rate of charge and discharge and yes, the phone does interpert that infor from the battery.

In the HUNDREDS of custom ROM's that I have flashed - many long before 2007 when I joined PPCG - my experience has taught me that it does take a bit of time for the battery readings to stabilize.

And.. I also pointed out that that fact is disputed, but again in my experience, I have seen some fact to what I pointed out.

Also, you failed to mention the other useful FACTS that I pointed out about drain on the battery.

You also missed and failed to mention what the OP said. His battery dropps to 85% right after he unplugs his phone from the charger.

So, unless you can conclusively prove me wrong.....

I try to be as helpful as I can here. I may not be perfect in everything I post but at least I take the time out of my busy day to do so. Most, if not all the readers here will agree that what I post is helpful.

Got something to say about it, do me a favor and PM it to me. I don't want to muddy up the thread again and make Orangekid step in and make me read his book again.

David

Last edited by DaveTN; 08-10-2010 at 09:56 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.