PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 09:39 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jul 24| 21911|23673 * Sense 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBeOTP2 View Post
but i'm so busy :-< i do not have much time 2 try. just wanna a stable rom ^^
@ any idea
Honestly, if thats the case, then you really don't have the time to be flashing custom ROM's. The process involves a bit of experimentation, trial and error. You have to back up and restore your settings when you flash a new version and you have to take the time to make sure things work for YOU.

Stability and operability also depends on the applications that YOU install ont eh ROM yourself. ALL of NRG's ROMS work very well, but when you start adding on other applications, that can affect the overall "feel" of the ROM for you.

That said, any of his recent 21xxx ROMs are going to be more stable and are based on Windows Phone 6.5. 23xxx ROM's are a bit more "beta" and are pulled from a ROM that is not naitively our phone so there are some compromises. They are also based on windows mobile 6.5.x.

There are some visual differences between the two with the 23xxx being more finger firendly.

If you want function and a little more stability...and want to dabble in custom ROMS...go with a build based on 21xxx.

If you don't have the time to experiment, stay with your stock ROM.

David
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: VERIZON

MrBeOTP2 is keeping up the good workMrBeOTP2 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jul 24| 21911|23673 * Sense 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Honestly, if thats the case, then you really don't have the time to be flashing custom ROM's. The process involves a bit of experimentation, trial and error. You have to back up and restore your settings when you flash a new version and you have to take the time to make sure things work for YOU.

Stability and operability also depends on the applications that YOU install ont eh ROM yourself. ALL of NRG's ROMS work very well, but when you start adding on other applications, that can affect the overall "feel" of the ROM for you.

That said, any of his recent 21xxx ROMs are going to be more stable and are based on Windows Phone 6.5. 23xxx ROM's are a bit more "beta" and are pulled from a ROM that is not naitively our phone so there are some compromises. They are also based on windows mobile 6.5.x.

There are some visual differences between the two with the 23xxx being more finger firendly.

If you want function and a little more stability...and want to dabble in custom ROMS...go with a build based on 21xxx.

David
thanks i will try with 23xx

@ why i can not download on easy-share

Last edited by MrBeOTP2; 07-28-2010 at 10:43 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: VZN

tyty1978 is keeping up the good worktyty1978 is keeping up the good worktyty1978 is keeping up the good work

Quote:

David
couldnt have put it better!!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:57 AM
Unlimited is um, limited

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBeOTP2 View Post
thanks i will try with 23xx

@ why i can not download on easy-share
There are a few reasons for that.
1. downloading from NRG's hotfile link ENSURES that you get a valid NRG ROM. Anyone can upload a file to easy share and call it an NRG ROM and bad things will happen.
2. You get the most up to date downloads directly from NRG
3. I'm pretty sure that NRG tracks which of his ROMS are downloaded the most and how many of each.

If I were you and you want stability, I'd stick with one of the 21XXX roms.

David
Old 07-28-2010, 12:17 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
running Jul 17th Dinik glass 23xxx..

i just noticed theres no exchange/outlook in the mail picker.. ive been running this a few days but was gonna set-up my dual boot on this Rom and no exchange to "dual-sync"..

looked through the paperclip, didnt see anything - just looked for outlook or exchange..

any help or a cab would be great
bump?? it got lost a few pages back

nvm, think i found what i needed

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 07-28-2010 at 12:31 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:17 PM
Jim8181

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Again, well said.=D>
Quote:
1. downloading from NRG's hotfile link ENSURES that you get a valid NRG ROM. Anyone can upload a file to easy share and call it an NRG ROM and bad things will happen.
3. I'm pretty sure that NRG tracks which of his ROMS are downloaded the most and how many of each.

David
Old 07-28-2010, 12:18 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:

David
Know's what he's talking about!
Old 07-28-2010, 12:21 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Internet tab shortcuts icons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maan76 View Post
i am having this problem
the internet icons for the internet tab ,never download the faorite webpage inthe icon no matter how many times i go to these pages , any fix pls
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
I'm pretty sure that it was brought up that if you spaced the quicklinks farther apart that they would work, try that and see if it works, and if I had to guess how to do that, I would guess that if you press and hold the quicklink that you could move it after a few seconds of holding it.
hes talking about on the WEB Tab, not quicklinks and bookmarks, atleast thats how i took it...

didnt you have to open you links in PIE 1time before to get them to show icons in the web links?? i know this used to be the case.. mine have been backed up and saved for so long i forget
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:36 PM
Unlimited is um, limited

Quote:
hes talking about on the WEB Tab, not quicklinks and bookmarks, atleast thats how i took it...

didnt you have to open you links in PIE 1time before to get them to show icons in the web links?? i know this used to be the case.. mine have been backed up and saved for so long i forget
Yeah, I just duplicated what he is talking about.

On the internet tab, if you add favorites to each of the shortcut icon, the favorite will add but you will just get a white looking globe icon. I'm not sure if that has to do with the particular shortcut icon that is usually provided by the webpage or has something to do with how the Sense internet tab reads the icon file for the webpage. I tried two pages that I know have icons show up in my PC's browser and they dont show up in the internet tab shortcuts. The shortcuts themselves DO work though and have the text below them telling me which page they are.

I'm gonna have to fiddle with this one and see what I can get.

David

Edit: HEY! that was post #600 for me!
Old 07-28-2010, 12:53 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:

yeah you are probably right, but i thought someone else talked about having to space the shortcut's farther apart to get them to display the webpage icon in the shortcut, but i could be wrong.

on another note, i know they always auto populated when i would make a shortcut and visit the webpage so i don't know why one of those two ways are not working for him.

i never export and import settings, i would rather do it the old fashioned way and that gives me time to check out the rom and also i know that nothing is causing an issue if something is not working, just the way i like to do it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development