PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2010, 03:52 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jul 17| 21911|23569|23673 * Sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
thanked you (for your service to this country also, wish you the best), usually i only post cabs i've personally tested... but tried yours anyway.., numskulls did partially work, made frame around clock & below it go away.. the other (manilla cab) don't use, made my slider a white square, couldn't see icon. There are tons of these cabs out there.. haven't tried all of them.. would really like to get the black area under on the very top row of icons (can't remember what it's called but has the speaker, reception bar, battery) to be transparent. And the very bottom softkey bar. I haven't come up with a solution yet (still have to try a couple cookie settings.. Any advise would be appreciated... Num5kuls is nice! (maxSense does it, working on cookie)

23673 Good & Issues (plain cookie):
Good
+ MUCH faster & seems less buggy than 569, didn't like that build at all! I'm not a fan of the 911 layout but have been using it for the last couple weeks due to speed & stability. 673 is amazing & LONG overdue, I'd posted a few days ago about 23xxx ROMs being dead..? Guess we got the answer. I've been waiting forever for the this build THANKS NRG!!!!!
+ Snappy, love it that stuff was removed (footprints) (I also take arkswitch out of windows/startup also)

Issues (in order of importance & yes.. I task29'd, if it doesn't "settle" I'll re-download/task/flash/storage card)
- ** #1 issue for me: double row of quicklinks keeps disappearing again! (like it did before on a previous ROM & NRG fixed it (new build).. perhaps it's a cab file somewhere in here as well, will search for it. Same issues as before. Here are my settings if NRG is reading & wants to test or if someone knows of another fix: CHTEditor, quicklink settings, 5x4 (allows most icons with text description), 4 pgs, hide icon frames, text & page indicator on, 5 column program grid. Have tried other settings as well. Anyone else??
- Screen keeps jumping back to home from settings and programs, if it's a program, it doesn't close the program.. but usually knocks out what you were doing in settings (thought it was just me fat finger until reading other posts)
- Cookie, set wallpaper, wide portrait doesn't scroll smooth like it use to (or like droid) it jumps to next screen when i scroll (pull) my double row of quick links to the right. (monuments wallpaper for testing.. really a non issue to me)

IMHO, (and if you don't like my opinion, and have different likes, so be it.. that's why he has so many ROMs, please don't flood a great thread with "you're a jerk" comments in response to this..)
* I don't use dinikglass, IMHO the reflection/shadow look makes the icons harder to see in the sun (less clean/crisp)
* I don't use the GTX white, it uses more battery, the darker you keep your background the more battery is saved. If you rarely use battery, then it's not an issue. There use to be a battery program in the days before sense that gave you milliamps (actually still works if shutting of sense & getting back to old home screen, but 2 much of a pain), you could easily double mah draw (battery life in 1/2) just with your screen brightness.

Just read through the last 15 pages, 50% useless, don't know how NRG can stand it, people need to quit posting 20 one line crap posts to get their post counts up! XDA doesn't tolerate that, PM people if you've got an issue. (1 example.. there are only about 100 attachments of the same .cab in PPCGEEKS of the sprint keyboard fix!)
** How to search: top of the page 2 of them, "Search" & "Search this thread", just this thread alone the word "keyboard" pulls up 150 posts. If you use "Search" (all threads in that forum section) it can be helpful to check the box "Show posts"
** Find all attachments: Go into the main forum area you want (example click on HTC Touch Pro 2 at the very top of the page, look through all the threads (or go into 'CDMA'), click the paper clips next to the thread for a list.. (of course you could just "Search" for "attachments" & find what I just told you... :>))

That's my 2 cents for what they're worth. Sorry for the long post :>)) (another no no..) HA!
Thanked you for letting me know that it didn't work. And you're welcome for the service to the country. I also thanked you for the write up and saying a lot of things that I agree with, but unfortunately things get lost with all the posts around here so no matter how many times we post how to search for things the new people are going to ask, like I said before everyone should at least read the posts from the OP and the last few pages of the thread to see what others are saying about the current ROM, things are not going to change no matter how many times we say it though.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO - Touch Pro II
Carrier: Sprint

geejdee is keeping up the good workgeejdee is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to geejdee
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Jul 17| 21911|23569|23673 * Sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veezy View Post
Facebook tab error and working workaround:

Current Rom: 7/17 23xxx GTX
I
ssue: When trying to authorize the Facebook tab, I could not get the screen to advance when using the internal authorization. When using the browser copy and paste authorization, I could not get the screen to advance either.

Work Around: Go to the advanced settings tab. Check the box to show advanced settings. Go back to the Facebook API settings tab. Chage the type of authorization to "Desktop - Normal." Change now you authorize to browser copy an paste. Click on the browser button, copy the link, paste in the proper box. Any other combonation than the above won't work.
Help me out to locate the advanced setting tab.... I need my facebook to work for my pictures on contact quicklinks... Also, I use FB...
Old 07-19-2010, 04:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

iowabassplayer is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariowabassplayer is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariowabassplayer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm curious about this;

After many searches on the forum, I've not been able to find out what the ORIGINAL USCC stock rom PagePool is - the file i have to flash back is an exe file.

I'm using the 7/17 23673 with CHT and love it, but have read that i should change the PagePool from the 22 that Energy sends them to what the original PP was on the stock rom for my carrier. is this correct or should i leave it at 22?
Old 07-19-2010, 04:54 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabassplayer View Post
I'm curious about this;

After many searches on the forum, I've not been able to find out what the ORIGINAL USCC stock rom PagePool is - the file i have to flash back is an exe file.

I'm using the 7/17 23673 with CHT and love it, but have read that i should change the PagePool from the 22 that Energy sends them to what the original PP was on the stock rom for my carrier. is this correct or should i leave it at 22?
I don't know what size PP the stock USCC is, but any custom ROM that I use I use a pagepool changer and change it to between 12-16mb if it's not that already. I haven't flashed any of NRGZs ROMs in the last month as I'm still using his June 6th 23569 Dinik Glass Rom, but he used to have the PP at 0. If you do not have a pagepool changer go out to the paperclip for this thread and find it and download it from there or do a search of this thread, I know it's there as I have uploaded it a while back.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: US Cellular

iowabassplayer is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariowabassplayer is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariowabassplayer is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIOWA69 View Post
I don't know what size PP the stock USCC is, but any custom ROM that I use I use a pagepool changer and change it to between 12-16mb if it's not that already. I haven't flashed any of NRGZs ROMs in the last month as I'm still using his June 6th 23569 Dinik Glass Rom, but he used to have the PP at 0. If you do not have a pagepool changer go out to the paperclip for this thread and find it and download it from there or do a search of this thread, I know it's there as I have uploaded it a while back.

Thanks! I do have the pagepool changer. He's currently setting the ones i've downloaded to 22. I've seen alot of folks changing to 16 as well as even higher - like 24 or 32.

I'm just hoping someone with more flashing expertise on USCC, may have a "sweet" setting for this carrier. Until then, maybe i'll just experiment on my own.

thanks for the reply!
Old 07-19-2010, 05:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

who? is just getting started

I just flashed the July 17 Cookie 6.5.5 ROM and I don't see an option for "Threaded" in my outlook emails. I had been using an early May 6.5.5 Cookie ROM and it had threaded email. How can I get threaded email back?
Old 07-19-2010, 05:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

cocoabro is keeping up the good workcocoabro is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by who? View Post
I just flashed the July 17 Cookie 6.5.5 ROM and I don't see an option for "Threaded" in my outlook emails. I had been using an early May 6.5.5 Cookie ROM and it had threaded email. How can I get threaded email back?
I found this over at XDA. Props to user "Everal"; seems to know his stuff. It appears to work (threading and viewing messages), but I literally just installed it 10 minutes ago and didn't get the chance to fully test. This thread has a bit more info; the fix that I posted supposedly works for IMAP (Gmail).
Attached Files
File Type: cab Everal Threaded Email 23529.cab (1.69 MB, 61 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:04 PM
Lurker

Valiant23236 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoabro View Post
I found this over at XDA. Props to user "Everal"; seems to know his stuff. It appears to work (threading and viewing messages), but I literally just installed it 10 minutes ago and didn't get the chance to fully test. This thread has a bit more info; the fix that I posted supposedly works for IMAP (Gmail).
Cocoabro, I found that same cab for Everal the other day, however I get a message of "insufficient privileges" when I tried to install it. How did you get past that?
Old 07-19-2010, 07:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: GALAXY NEXUS
Carrier: Verizon

shaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuffshaolinsoldier79 knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

latest 23673 dinik is awesome! been running since last night no probs!! havent even got memory error when opening opera! very fast! good work NRG!
Old 07-19-2010, 07:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

fishdood12 is a n00b

If your having problems downloading the files with chrome try a different browser. That worked for me.

Last edited by fishdood12; 07-19-2010 at 07:54 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development