PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2010, 04:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc 6900 > HTC TP2>Samsung Galaxy
Carrier: Metro PCS

pl0323 is keeping up the good workpl0323 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

Anyway to change the taskbar? The battery just shows 3 lines?? Used task29 and reflashed twice with 23xxx.

might be a cab i loaded...

Last edited by pl0323; 08-29-2010 at 04:09 PM. Reason: solution
Old 08-29-2010, 04:05 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
I once found a regedit that allowed u to have this predictive text, i will try to find it and repost it!

Sorry that post is long gone!! It was from early June when I first started flashing
Actually there is a word completion setting for "input". NO need to do a reg edit.

Go to start > settings > personal > input. From there, fo to input method > options and turn on "word completion (ABC)" or "Word Completion t9". That should do the trick for you.

David
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:09 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTheSchmo View Post
I posted this over at xda-developers yesterday, I'm guessing from the response I got that I should have posted it here since this is a CDMA Verizon phone.

I'm currently running the Aug28.2010 Rom, but I've had the issue with any past rom I've tried, Jul -> Present.

Before I run the carrier provisioning, all the keys work, they are just mapped wrong. After I provision for Verizon, the Fn and Caps Lock keys stop working in most applications, basically everything but the Home screen, and I mean only the first tab. I took the advice of the FAQ and installed RhodiumKbdControl, However, I could not use this to get my Fn or Caps Lock keys to work again.

So I dug apart the energy_verizon.cab, I noticed that it sets the registry key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Tegic\eT9\IME\KeyboardLayouFiles\07F F to eT9.Rhodium.VERIZON_WWE.kmap.txt. There are a few similarly named files throughout the system, but this one is MIA.

Temporarily I set the registry key in question to eT9.Rhodium.WWE.kmap.txt. This fixed my Fn and Caps Lock keys, but brought me back to the layout that didn't match my keys.

Attached is a picture of my keyboard, from a Verizon Touch Pro 2 purchased in the USA. Also attached is a layout file that matches the keyboard exactly, there is one exception, I added Fn+MailBox -> SMS. That is the only key combo not labeled on the keyboard.

I spent the better part of yesterday trying to figure this out, Hopefully it is helpful.

Thanks!!
You need the Verizon Keyboard fix cab - see the link to NRG downloads in my signature line and look for the appropriate keyboard fix for your carrier.

David
Old 08-29-2010, 04:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Agentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuff

I have been getting a lot of PM's about how well I do with battery life on this ROM. I am going to explain what I do and give the cabs that I use to achieve this. This guide is not wrote that well but I have limited time and feel bad that I haven't had the chance to reply to all of the PM's I have been getting. Please don't drag me through the fire for how sloppy it is, I will go back and make it "pretty" as soon as I can.

Currently I am running the 8.25 Cookie 23XXX Rom with page pool set at 12. I can get 2 1/2 days of battery (first day i used phone hardcore and 2nd not as much) and I still had 58% battery life through half of the 3rd day. I have yet to see my phone drop below 38 MB of ram free and the reason it went to 38 was because I had opera open at the time. Closed opera and it went back to 50 something.

When I flash I do a task 29>Flash ROM>Clear Storage. After phone is up after Clear Storage I run Carrier Provisioning>Soft Reset> Then I take off all the tabs I dont use (People, internet, music, stocks, twitter, facebook, and call history) and remove all of the other clocks, quicklinks, and anything else on all of the home pages except for the main home page i use.

I turn off start up animation and sound. I change the back light to automatically adjust, dim after 30 sec, and turn off after 1 min if not used. I go to Settings>Personal>Phone and at the top tabs i go to CDMA Services>Click on Time Sync>Get Settings>Uncheck the box (this way active sync doesn't stay on all the time). I go to Start>Internet>Data Controller>Menu>Configure connection timeouts>Change it to 30 seconds>Done. I ALWAYS soft reset when my phone asks me so if i missed telling you to soft reset i am sorry.

After all of that is finished (i know its a hot mess, i dont use any backup programs because i think it causes problems since the ROM directories are often changed in the new ROM (I think?))

I install these cabs:

01_Battery Monitor
03_Maxx134_BatterySaving_ReducePollingIntervals
04_shaolin BatterySaver
06_Ninja Duck Disable DRV - TVOUT
NRG.ROM.Sprint.MMS.Settings-Boushh (FOR SPRINT ONLY)
Sprint Keyboard Fix (AGAIN FOR SPRINT ONLY)
cleanRAM
07_nueBattery2TP2CDMA-122-v1.2-cab
(I did not make any of these cabs, i am very thankful for whoever made them but I am taking no credit for the making of them)

I install all of these directly to the device memory. When nueBattery is done installing I soft reset. When it comes back up I go run nueBattery and check the 1% (to fix it so it will display 1% again, kinda like a double negative lol) and i enable fast charge. I open cleanRAM and schedule it to run every 3 hours every day of the week.

I do not use bluetooth for anything and it is possible that some of the above cabs will break bluetooth along with other things. I do not use a lot of the tabs because I find it easier to get on facebook and what not using opera bookmarks. I clear my text messages out every few days because I dont see any point in allowing them to bog down my device. I do not use any of the GPS features because I have a tomtom for that. I have 1 email set up for work and it connects every 1 hour for that. I sync my contacts, calendar, tasks, and favorite bookmarks using myphone.

I will be editing this post and adding it on my Sig when I have more free time. I wrote this post in hopes that it would help some of you with your current battery or RAM problems. I still consider myself a noob when it comes to ROM's and cabs so it is easy for me to make mistakes due to lack of knowledge. Hope this helps at least one person, Thanks for reading my wall of text!

Some of the information I learned is from this post: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=127037 a big thank you to teradog!

Last edited by Agentz919; 08-31-2010 at 05:14 PM.
This post has been thanked 18 times.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Agentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuffAgentz919 knows their stuff

Now to flash to 8.28 Cookie 23XXX w/ page pool at 12 and see how it goes lol!
Old 08-29-2010, 04:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

audit2 is becoming a great contributor

How do you add a passcode to the lock used by Aug28 cht rom? I went into the setting lock but it won't let me enter a passcode.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Actually there is a word completion setting for "input". NO need to do a reg edit.

Go to start > settings > personal > input. From there, fo to input method > options and turn on "word completion (ABC)" or "Word Completion t9". That should do the trick for you.

David
I know about that but there is a reg edit to make the TP2 recognize phrases and better predict multiple words at a time based on your style of typing and mostly used words, like how the palm treo's were. HTC phones are nothing like it. That is the ONLY feature I miss from my Palm Treo 700WX. I had it working on the TP2 but lost most of my files when my computer crashed in July.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:00 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbloof View Post
I'm sure most of you just knew I was having 'newby problems' and for the most part I was....

Did a hard reset and edited my OC_UC files - fixed the 'twitter' issue.

Oddly, my messaging/email link problems went away when I removed the USB cord.... strange... works AWESOME. Completely a new phone. Something that MS should of done LONG ago.

SO now all I'm currently needing to get going is the Sprint 'profile update' and 'PRL Update' icons.

Any links?
I'll cut some slack since your new, but at the top of this page the 7th post down i quoted your message and uploaded a few cabs for you to use and one of those cabs was the profile and prl update cab.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:09 PM
Android Soldier

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hover-Shuttle View Post
This is the TV cab I always install & it's working on the 28th ROM.

I never provision, only keyboard fix & MMS.
I'll check it out and see if it works for me, thanked ya for it regardless if it works or not, to tell the truth i will hardly ever watch it anyways but like to have it just in case.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:16 PM
Android Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by audit2 View Post
Great Aug28th Rom the only Complaint is the same with all NRG Roms, Bluetooth is just awful.
agreed the rom is good, but i'll stick by my original statement that it's nothing over the 22nd 23xxx i was already running.

now on your second statement, i don't know what the issue is with people and this bluetooth, what's so hard about using the phone to end a call, granted it's not exactly how it's supposed to be, but come on NRG does an outstanding job with the rest of the rom and gives us multiple updates and does this all for free, give the guy a break, use your handset to end a call.
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development