PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2010, 09:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

muzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuzik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to muzik
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

[QUOTE=DaveTN;1929381]The reason we are downloading from the same fileshare site is because its free. You can do either of three things.
1. put up with the free "hotfile" like most of us do.
2. Sign up for a premium paid membership to hotfile and get faster and unlimited downloads.
3. Hit NRG's "Donate" button and send him a $10,000.00 donation to get him started with a file serer and a years worth of high speed hosting. (We will ALL thank you for that).

Also, you have to look at it from PPCgeeks perspective. With over 30,000 members and hundreds of chefs with multiple ROMS, that translates into an awful lot of server space and bandwidth for PPCGeeks to dish out. And, since its free and their budget is limited, its doubtful that they will host anything larger than a few cabs. (which is also whi I don't like to re-post cabs that are already on the site)

Agreed, hotfile is a PITA but its free and you get what you pay for...

As far as sharing the roms on torrents etc, I would strongly discourage that becasue files tend to pick up extra baggage when they float around on torrents so I tend to avoid them like the plague...most of the time.

Also, keeping the downloads in one place is very important for the chefs as it lets them update all the files at once withut having to track down mirrors and such. It just makes things easier. And since he's working on (probably limited) donations, free is good, but I wouldn't push it too much.

He is also able to track downloads easier so he knows what is most popular, etc. I hate Hotfile but love NRG's roms and besides, if I had $10,000, I wouldn't be here posting...I'd be lost in Mexico for awhile.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:27 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 28| 21914|23127 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by docnas View Post
Hey guys speaking of filesharing whats ur experiance with megaupload? It my experiance so far i get the best speeds with it and also its not as picky with downloading files one after another.Would NRG mind if we recommend him shifting to a new download server?
well i doubt he's going to do that just because everything he has set up now is on hotfile, guess you could pm him or twitter him and ask him and see what he says, just don't be surprised if you don't get a response back or if he says no.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint-SERO

googs185 is just getting started

Thanks it worked!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:56 PM
Android Soldier

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by googs185 View Post
Thanks it worked!
glad to hear that it worked, also gave you a couple of thanks just because i can lol.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
What you just said...well typed... brings to mind something that I do often. (besides flashing new NRG releases). I keep three folders in my ROM download folder:
1. Archived - ROMS that I have flashed but will likely not use again.
2. Stable - ROM's that I have flashed and liked that I will go back to if needed.
3. Current - ROM's that are new and currently running on my phone or that I will flash to in the future.

I also have an "apps and tools" folder which I keep useful cabs and programs in that I don't necessarily need to keep on my storage card.

I keep several of my favorite cabs - the ones I load every time I flash - in a ROM download folder on my storage card.

Keeps me organized and makes the flashing and reflashing process more easy and streamlined.

Just my 0.02

David
I do the same thing, I try to limit how many roms i keep in those folders because my computer is from 2004 lol not too much hard drive space. I keep maybe 10 roms total, i delete older ones when they get beat out by a new rom thats outstanding. If i know im never flashing that rom i have to delete it or old yeller (my computers name) will crash again lol maybe its time to take that old comp out to the backyard and shoot it
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff

way off topic, but I went off and ran android on this thing and..I'm blown away. I really dislike how windows had started to fall behind everyone with everything.

Now I'm considering on the Epic 4g when 4g hits NYC
Old 08-30-2010, 10:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokeZony0u View Post
way off topic, but I went off and ran android on this thing and..I'm blown away. I really dislike how windows had started to fall behind everyone with everything.

Now I'm considering on the Epic 4g when 4g hits NYC
I cant see myself going to android, pocketnow has some great reviews about windows phone 7 on youtube. they improved a GREAT deal, now what i want to see is improvement on third party apps.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
I cant see myself going to android, pocketnow has some great reviews about windows phone 7 on youtube. they improved a GREAT deal, now what i want to see is improvement on third party apps.

I can see where you're going with that. I've been going on pocketnow everyday (maybe too much) and checking the W7 stuff there. Impressive, but definitely goes to say that the reign of WM is slowly but surely coming to a dead end
Old 08-30-2010, 11:07 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
Way off topic.. come on guys... but as long as we are there... why not pop droid on your sd card? 1 cab, takes a few minutes..

Why? I believe I can get the latest flash & run all the shows e.g. tv.com... skyfire is toooooo choppy & sound keeps getting messed up.

Would have been done & had a report for you, but I was on Cookie thread trying to get a transparent clock face for "Compact flip clock" (don't like the white) & installed 2 cabs.. Now sense won't load & I've even backed uninstalled the cabs.... SO, I have to hspl... may as well try that Aug 28th I swore I wasn't going to touch!! LOL

BTW BioDat, was trying to empty the T-tank, & you just happen to have a bunch of posts real close by :>))

Last edited by teradog; 08-30-2010 at 11:15 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:28 PM
Android Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Way off topic.. come on guys... but as long as we are there... why not pop droid on your sd card? 1 cab, takes a few minutes..

Why? I believe I can get the latest flash & run all the shows e.g. tv.com... skyfire is toooooo choppy & sound keeps getting messed up.

Would have been done & had a report for you, but I was on Cookie thread trying to get a transparent clock face for "Compact flip clock" (don't like the white) & installed 2 cabs.. Now sense won't load & I've even backed uninstalled the cabs.... SO, I have to hspl... may as well try that Aug 28th I swore I wasn't going to touch!! LOL

BTW BioDat, was trying to empty the T-tank, & you just happen to have a bunch of posts real close by :>))
so where's the link to this one cab that you can run droid off of the sd card? I'm not interested in switching over of course but wouldn't mind messing around with it for a bit as long as it's a dual boot type thing and i don't have to flash to it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development