PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2010, 05:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

jamal33 is keeping up the good workjamal33 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 13| 21911|23129 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichthus View Post
what cab are you using that has an 806MHz? The cab i used is topped out at 787MHz.

marvin

Using: OC_AUTO-V4.21
Msm7kcpuSpeed_v2
MortScript-4.2-ppc
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

Alpine- is keeping up the good workAlpine- is keeping up the good work
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Aug 13| 21911|23129 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
One thing that might be effecting/causing that is the number of texts that you have saved. It seems that lots of accumulated text messages seem to slow sense down quite a bit.

David
I dont have a lot stored, a very small amount actually as I clear them often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
2yr old TP2?! Say what? How'd you get it a year before the rest of us? :>))
Sorry, had a TP1 before, I forgot. I've had this TP2 since it came out though, or reasonably close thereafter.

Anyway, this seems to be related to having JUST sent a text message and then closing it up. It will then go to a blank screen and pressing the power button makes it soft reset. I havent flashed in a long time and this just started happening so its ROM independent I think. Seems like something hardware related but I'm not sure.

It must not be a very common hardware issue. I had the "ring" on the screen on my TP1. It seemed like everyone got that.

Last edited by Alpine-; 08-17-2010 at 05:10 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

silkassassain is just getting started

I have 2 questions that's not particularly Energy Rom questions but i hope someone on here can answer them

1. when i created folders in XDA_UC (like XDA_UC/Start Menu/GPS) and add a .ink is created a shortcut there in my GPS folder but also one on my main menu. Is there a way to make XDA_UC only put a shortcut where I want it and not in 2 locations

2. I downloaded a app (BattClock) and there was a upgraded version that the program itself downloaded. Is there a way for me to find the .cab file that was downloaded so I can have the most recent version of that app without having to redownload it everytime i flash to a new rom

Old 08-17-2010, 05:35 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine- View Post
I dont have a lot stored, a very small amount actually as I clear them often.

Sorry, had a TP1 before, I forgot. I've had this TP2 since it came out though, or reasonably close thereafter.

Anyway, this seems to be related to having JUST sent a text message and then closing it up. It will then go to a blank screen and pressing the power button makes it soft reset. I havent flashed in a long time and this just started happening so its ROM independent I think. Seems like something hardware related but I'm not sure.
Do you have the keyboard sliding sound turned on? Its possible that the sound file may be corrupted and causing the problem.

David
Old 08-17-2010, 06:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I luv this Aug 13 build 21911 cookie rom but it is a massive memory hog and a fireball battery life sucker when overclocked.

I had to use level 3 of clean ram app..
And I had to instal latest Opera9.5 to reduce memory hogging ..
apps were shutting down mem was so low..
battery from 80% to 3% inside 1&1/2 hours !
Attached Files
File Type: cab Opera_9.50.17963.1.cab (4.31 MB, 37 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Maxx134; 08-17-2010 at 11:12 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO 4G

jonlee83 is keeping up the good workjonlee83 is keeping up the good work

I have two questions

Is the a cabbed pagepool to change the rom without having to re flash?

whats a good backup program other than the default PIM backup, Setting export, and Back Fav People... I use them all but there are still alot of things i need to set every time i re flash. For example like linked facebook contacts takes forever to do every time i re flash.

the reason i am asking is because i just linked my contact to FB contacts and when i tried to check unread messages i got the message saying there was not enough storage space to open opera. Before flashing this rom i changed the pagepool to 0mb but when the rom started up for the first time i had 60mb free... I was told there would be more

Now that my Fb contacts are linked, the facebook tab spends a little time loading and scrolling up and down in the tab is a slow... Is that normal?

Last edited by jonlee83; 08-17-2010 at 07:33 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:46 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlee83 View Post
I have two questions

Is the a cabbed pagepool to change the rom without having to re flash?

whats a good backup program other than the default PIM backup, Setting export, and Back Fav People... I use them all but there are still alot of things i need to set every time i re flash. For example like linked facebook contacts takes forever to do every time i re flash.

the reason i am asking is because i just linked my contact to FB contacts and when i tried to check unread messages i got the message saying there was not enough storage space to open opera. Before flashing this rom i changed the pagepool to 0mb but when the rom started up for the first time i had 60mb free... I was told there would be more

Now that my Fb contacts are linked, the facebook tab spends a little time loading and scrolling up and down in the tab is a slow... Is that normal?
On the issue of the pagepool, must be the file I uploaded, ppcgeeks won't let you upload an .exe file so I changed the extension, download it and rename it to .exe to use it. You will have to reflash after using it, what you do is open up the program change the pagepool to what you want and then save and then flash your phone.

No idea on your second problem I don't know as I don't like to use programs that back anything up because I believe that it causes issues when you back stuff up and import it, but that's just my belief, only thing I use is pim backup for email settings, text messages, and contacts.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

lovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Has anyone been able to add the music player to the home tab? I've tried this on both 21xxx and 23xxx Aug 13 builds and it hangs the phone. I even waited for 1 hour to just make sure it was not being slow

dave
Old 08-17-2010, 09:18 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV View Post
Has anyone been able to add the music player to the home tab? I've tried this on both 21xxx and 23xxx Aug 13 builds and it hangs the phone. I even waited for 1 hour to just make sure it was not being slow

dave
I used it today while I was outside mowing my lawn. Worked perfectly for me.

Just to make sure I understand what you are talking about.. you are referring to the music "widget" that you can place in teh "extra space" on the hometab and not the dedicated music tab, correct?

Does your music play on the regular music tab or in windows mobile media player? If not, I would suspect a problem with your storage card.

David
Old 08-17-2010, 09:23 PM
Android Soldier
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: The Can You Hear Me Now Network

KIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the communityKIOWA69 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
I used it today while I was outside mowing my lawn. Worked perfectly for me.

Just to make sure I understand what you are talking about.. you are referring to the music "widget" that you can place in teh "extra space" on the hometab and not the dedicated music tab, correct?

Does your music play on the regular music tab or in windows mobile media player? If not, I would suspect a problem with your storage card.

David
I believe he's talking about enabling the media player to play on the home tab, if I remember right you can enable it to show up by flicking up until you get the media player on the home tab. I don't use the media player from there anyways, hell I don't really ever listen to music on it that's why I have a ipod touch lol.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development